💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Haters on GGD

SpadesToStart

Featured Posts

ChicaSkas

What's wrong about disliking one album/era?

It's totally fine to dislike something, it's HOW you say it that matters.
Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are some people on the internet if they can't handle criticism that's not even directed at them? That's the question.

Because it's a big killjoy when you try to enjoy something and there's people wandering around saying "this sucks!!!!". Ever been to a party and you end up talking to that one guy at the party that nobody wants to talk to because all he does is complain about how ****ty the party is? Ya. Don't be THAT guy. :)

Why are some people on the internet if they can't handle criticism that's not even directed at them? That's the question.

This.

GypsyPrince

Many of these haters hide under the pretence of "constructive criticism" to spout negativity. There's expressing an opinion, and then there's just complaining, which I think it's usually the latter.

Because it's a big killjoy when you try to enjoy something and there's people wandering around saying "this sucks!!!!". Ever been to a party and you end up talking to that one guy at the party that nobody wants to talk to because all he does is complain about how ****ty the party is? Ya. Don't be THAT guy. :)

This.

You don't like the food served at the party, don't eat it. You don't have to go to the table and tell everybody who's having second helpings how the food is horrible TO YOU.

I don't get why people don't get it. 

jhonyguy04

:applause:

autumnmycat

I don't know of all of you, but I saw a dramatic shift the happened over the span of two or so years. I lurked on GGD 1.0 since '09 and everyone was so nice and it was a really loving community. A lot of the "legendary posts" that happened were so successful because people were nice. Not just nice when talking about Gaga but also when dealing with each other. There was so much less of a combative nature, I feel like.

A few months ago, I made a topic and someone literally responded "What the **** is this?" Sorry for expressing an opinion. If you have a "differing opinion" please say it without using expletives pretty please. 

I'm not going to mince words. Some of you guys are extremely rude when it comes to Gaga. To the point where I don't come on here as often. I came to GGD because I wanted a place that I didn't have to read people bashing her all day like some other pop music sites. Now there's barely a difference, and I don't feel the same connection to this site as I used to. I don't care if you have an opinion that is negative, just don't be a b**tch about it.

/unpopular opinion

MANiCURE

Agree with the sentiments here.

Threads from the negative fans just gives an excuse for the overuse of awkneys and it all goes crap from there

Willy Wonka

A lot of people have been hyperbolic about "haters" and we all know it. Any criticism of anything related to a Gaga results in "Go stan for someone basic like Katy". I agree people should be mature and respectful with criticism, but a large group of people are being labelled "haters" because people get upset about criticism.

A lot of people have been hyperbolic about "haters" and we all know it. Any criticism of anything related to a Gaga results in "Go stan for someone basic like Katy". I agree people should be mature and respectful with criticism, but a large group of people are being labelled "haters" because people get upset about criticism.

THAT is hyperbolic. :toofunny: If all the criticism was respectful and mater-of-fact, there would be no issue. But there has been plenty of criticism is over-dramatized and incessant.

giskardsb

my favorite is the ones that actually have said ( and they have ) that it is their duty to bring up all of Gaga's problems so that she will learn from them.

As if Gaga is prowling the boards looking for suggestions on how she should run her career and her team.

Thankfully Gaga continues to do the opposite of what most of those people want, which proves she doesn't listen to them.   She'll keep doing Swine with vomit performances while message board wannabe record label bean counters tell her she is ruining her career by not staying palatable to the GP.

It's Gaga's career.  I think the fact that during the SxSW interview she came right out and said she'd retire from commercial music before compromising her artistic vision went right over people's heads, or they chose to ignore it because they don't want to believe it.  They'd rather she hire RedOne, Dr. Luke, and Bonnie McKee, go back to wearing geometric dresses and looking cute all the time so she could slay the charts.

Once I learned to ignore the unnecessary negativity I began enjoying my time on here a lot more. But for awhile it was incredible unbearable.

I personally don't offend her here, but I'm able to see and point out her mistakes. I'm not obligated to love everything she does. What irks me really are these 'loyal fans' who defend her aggressively even if they are not right.

There is also a number of #POK influenced users who are fake to the maximum.

I think that everybody visit this site, because we know that she has unique potential and talent. While she doesn't use it in 100% the fan disputes begin. It's natural.

I'm not obligated to love everything she does.

There's another great myth that any Gaga fan has ever said you HAVE to love 100% of what she does. That just doesn't happen. But that's the hyperbole spread by those who get criticized for disagreeing with Gaga in disrespectful ways. No fan is asking anyone to love everything Gaga does. :)

Archived