💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga talks about her music in recent Inquirer interview

Lady

Featured Posts

On how she can put her pain into AHS but not into her music:

“I am finding a million new things about myself, what I want and who I want to be but most importantly, I have actually found a place to put so much pain and anguish that I have nowhere to put. You can put it in your music but that’s not always what people want from me in my music… They want a sweet, delightful, ‘Just Dance’ kind of girl or they want ‘Bad Romance’ and that’s fine."

“I am happy to give people that but maybe with my song ‘Dope’ or some of the things I did on ‘ARTPOP,’ you saw a kind of dark side, wrapped up in colors. But maybe that was not always what people want to see. They want to see the perfection. Here (on ‘Hotel’), it’s the imperfection that is the win. So it’s very liberating.”

Full interview http://entertainment.inquirer.net/180515/lady-gaga-gets-all-choked-up-2

Your thoughts? I personally don't like the way she's thinking and that she's not putting her pain into her main art (which is her music) just because she thinks that's not what people want from her. I don't know....it's HER art, why does she still think about what OTHERS want from her.... and since when do people want to see the perfection in music? I don't even know what this "perfection" is in music....

Sorry, I don't want to sound mad or stupid, I'm very sorry, I'm just trying to share my thoughts and see what you guys have to say :) Maybe I'm overthinking this? Please say I'm just reading too much into her words :) Thank you!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Swan Heart

I don't want an album full perfect ''sweet, delightful'' pop songs, Gaga, please.... :what:

I would be so disappointed.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

JustPokeHerFace

The thing is, she kind of needs to worry about what people think of her art, because part of her career is people buying it. 

Son of Venus

well she's right. Ever since ARTPOP was seen as a flop everyone was screaming "we want TF(M)Ga again" 

Well if "Dope" is any representation of the future anguish and pain in her music, she can keep on being sweet and delightful :madge:

PartySick

I don't want an album full perfect ''sweet, delightful'' pop songs, Gaga, please.... :what:

I would be so disappointed.

This 1000 times over. Give me an album of Dope's and Swine's over an album of Just Dance's and Bad Romance's any day! Don't let the teeny-bopper fickle fans ruin your love for music, Gaga!

People will buy her music regardless. ARTPOP "the flop" has sold, what, 3 million by now? Hell, Cheek to Cheek sold over a million and it's a cover album of Jazz classics in 2015...You include that with touring sales, AHS paychecks, all the fashion stuff, the girl has plenty of money to survive and then some. She doesn't need to cave to the majority to sell an album. She needs to put out stuff she loves and stuff she believes in.

🖤

DiscoHeaven23

I think one of the worst mistakes I've seen pop stars make in interviews is talk about how they perceive people perceive them. Cuz they can come across self-absorbed, egotistical, insecure, disconnected, out of touch, or ignorant. 

Yes, you should and have to care about what people who buy your music think of your art but only to some extent....

Creyk

I'm happy that she is self-aware, or at least noticed that most people diss Dope all the time when they talk about it :applause: Good on you Gaga, don't ever make a song like that again

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no 

I don't want the perfect image for LG5. I want edge. I want it to be a little raw and I want it to be emotional. TEOG was about her Grandfather dying and it was a hit, Speechless was about her crying for her Dad to get surgery and it's one of her most acclaimed ballads, TIHTY is a song about rape and it's receiving wide acclaim. Lush Life is the fan favourite from C2C and was acclaimed, that's a f--king tragic song.

Just Dance girl was great, but she is so mistaken if she thinks that's what I want now. She is the opposite of what I want. 

The problem is that people wanted MORE than the Just Dance girl or Bad Romance girl and they received more dance-pop hits sent to radio including G.U.Y which is like the re-up of her older work. I want to see another facet of her musically. 

Haroon

Wasn't TFM made from some pain and anguish? :confused: It would be kinda upsetting and worrying if she feels like she can't put certain things into her music because of what people want from her. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not into Dope but I wouldn't want to stand in the way of Gaga putting 15 Dopes onto her next album - it's her album so it's her choice :shrug: 

PartySick

I'm happy that she is self-aware, or at least noticed that most people diss Dope all the time when they talk about it :applause: Good on you Gaga, don't ever make a song like that again

It's this kind of talk that's gonna make her quit music some day. I just know it.

I'm not sure if you're serious, but please don't be...

🖤

Creyk

Your thoughts? I personally don't like the way she's thinking and that she's not putting her pain into her main art (which is her music) just because she thinks that's not what people want from her. I don't know....it's HER art, why does she still think about what OTHERS want from her.... and since when do people want to see the perfection in music? I don't even know what this "perfection" is in music....

She was this way ever since MTN flopped, she did the same with ARTPOP. She did exactly what she thought people wanted from her. Remember the day when the album tracklist was revealed, and those fans who camped outside her studio painted the titles on the wall? She literally ran out to them every 10 minutes and asked them what to change, how to tweak the songs to make them sound even better. She didn't care about her own opinion, she was desperate to please us and return with material that we will like.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no 

I don't want the perfect image for LG5. I want edge. I want it to be a little raw and I want it to be emotional. TEOG was about her Grandfather dying and it was a hit, Speechless was about her crying for her Dad to get surgery and it's one of her most acclaimed ballads, TIHTY is a song about rape and it's receiving wide acclaim. Lush Life is the fan favourite from C2C and was acclaimed, that's a ****ing tragic song.

Just Dance girl was great, but she is so mistaken if she thinks that's what I want now. She is the opposite of what I want. 

The problem is that people wanted MORE than the Just Dance girl or Bad Romance girl and they received more dance-pop hits sent to radio including G.U.Y which is like the re-up of her older work. I want to see another facet of her musically. 

I'm still sure it's going to be much more raw and emotional, but maybe she just means she doesn't want it too depressing and dark? Idk what to think anymore

Swan Heart

I'm actually so upset right now, she needs to spend more time with Tony.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Archived