Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shane Dawson getting DRAGGED on Tumblr for RANTING about diversity

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

tumblr_ni3kehnLqk1tp719lo1_1280.pngtumblr_ni3kehnLqk1tp719lo2_1280.png

gifthetv:

The awkward moment when Shane Dawson complains about diversity on television! God forbid they show representation! He didn’t even attempt to research the titles of the shows and how ABC wanted to change Fresh Off The Boat’s title but Eddie Huang didn’t want to. Whether it’s a good title or not, Shane has no right to complain about different races and how they choose to name their shows. He’s getting offended and making it all about himself for absolutely no reason! Until Shane Dawson complains about the whiteness of every other show on TV I really don’t want to hear anything that he has to say!

UPDATE:
Isn’t it also a bit odd that someone who’s done racist videos in the past (the MANY times he did black face) thinks he can speak for people of color and their representation?

tumblr_inline_nnwtkmXDkG1swkzr7_400.jpgtumblr_inline_nnwtksYfF71swkzr7_500.pngtumblr_inline_nnwtl00kmU1swkzr7_500.png

tumblr_inline_nnwtkwL29l1swkzr7_500.jpg

http://reverseracism.tumblr.com/post/130420871308/gifthetv-the-awkward-moment-when-shane-dawson

:green: 

He made those comments on Twitter in January, so I don't know why he's getting dragged just now. Also i didn't know he wore blackface in some of his vids. Discuss. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

PartySick

Just throwing this in there, that last one isn't blackface. Joey Graceffa just sucks at foundation :yes:

🖤

RainingOnMe

He's not racist... he has a good point, ABC is trying so hard to be "diverse" so no one calls them as being racist for having white shows as it's prime for over 50 years.

badgalriri

i think everyone just needs to shut the **** up. causing drama over nothing and hes b---hing over nothing as well. get over it.

ryhanna

He's not racist... he has a good point, ABC is trying so hard to be "diverse" so no one calls them as being racist for having white shows as it's prime for over 50 years.

I feel like that should be encouraged, though. Networks making an active effort to be more diverse.

PartySick

i think everyone just needs to shut the **** up. causing drama over nothing and hes b---hing over nothing as well. get over it.

The over sensitivity is really killing us tbh. Instead of focusing on the big picture there are shots being fired at a YouTuber who disagrees with the names of television shows.

Where's the perspective? *sigh*

🖤

Evan Peters

he's made an entire video dedicated to apologizing about the blackface he did and how ignorant he was.

emma roberts is an abuser

Alien Tulip

pretty much this.

Morphine Prince

Not everything that involves a person putting on dark makeup is blackface. Clearly in these pictures he was portraying a character. I used to watch Shane's videos and he is more on the dark, s-xual humor side so he's never been PC to begin with. Although he did apologize for the blackface... 

Maybe he is commenting on how some TV networks are trying SO HARD to be diverse. There's NOTHING wrong with diversity, but I mean some shows TRY SO HARD. It's like these commercials where one white, black, and asian are all in one. Diversity should be natural, you know? Like the producers just try to get more ratings by being inclusive and diverse.

Empire is an example of a show not dominated by whites that isn't diverse by force. They are a mostly black cast and a few whites and other races. It doesn't come off as try hard though. 

I'm ready for people to misinterpret this post and drag me but whatever, I'm a minority so **** you.  

Koreku

I'm honestly bothered by nothing in this situation. i honestly don't care if ABC makes shows focusing on other races or not, and I don't care about shane doing blackface, it was actually kinda funny. :laughga: 

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

RainingOnMe

I feel like that should be encouraged, though. Networks making an active effort to be more diverse.

Well yeah! I'm totally against racial supremacy and every race deserves recognition

however ABC has had white shows since it started and this is an act of desperate race diversity to make them seem non-supremacist, when they really were.

Archived