💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Chica Reports: Gaga Covers Piaf Song & New Dress by Natalie!

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

ChicaSkas

Hello!

Through a nice stroke of fate, I had the luck of being able to attend both Hollywood Bowl Cheek To Cheek shows, and document them fully for all of you!  Many cute and memorable things happened tonight, and here is a rundown:

THE NEW SONG:

This evening, at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, our girl Gaga performed a stunning rendition of Edith Piaf's 1945 classic "La Vie En Rose". She was clad in a charmingly pink (or should I say, rose colored!) dress designed by her sister, Natalie Germanotta. Gaga confided that this was her favorite song, and launched into an accent perfect cover done almost entirely in French. This is the first time that Gaga has performed "La Vie En Rose" live. 

She has teased us before with her love of this song, look at this cool instagram she posted only 2 months ago in April:

In addition, the French songstress Mireille Mathieu was quoted here as saying that a duet of the song was indeed happening.

So its possible somewhere in France, someone has an intriguing little cover on a harddrive somewhere that might someday be released!

THE NEW DRESS:

Check out the lovely new dress by sister Natalie... perhaps a gentle homage to the hair bow?

UGRw5hb.jpg

efqq6yx.jpg

H4gH2HX.jpg

1EDswJ9.jpg

Photos (C) ChicaSkas, no reposting as yours :P

CUTE FLUBS!

Gaga and Tony sang "Anything Goes" ever so slightly off mark tonight, but this made the song more unique and charming!

Credit @RealRyanReid of San Diego! 

There was only one scary moment when Tony forgot a line, but God bless Gaga, she jumped RIGHT in and picked that line up for him! Smart Gaga is on her toes tonight. 

THE PICTURES....!

KFHKQkQ.jpg

0XbYF9Z.jpg

cFtCCA5.jpg

iP7EIq7.jpg

With @BrianNewmanNY:

FkqazDx.jpg

lRdsCL9.jpg

KGeHA3V.jpg

O3C5S1j.jpg

dnh43Ct.jpg

7UR1BXb.jpg

Ug1ZCGI.jpg

IJ5lJSJ.jpg

nTNHlcv.jpg

Ij6VN0m.jpg

m5loHea.jpg

uPUmVU9.jpg

nyqj9Gy.jpg

GaNvfP2.jpg

6Q4HJ7R.jpg

nDu9Q6I.jpg

62gu5KQ.jpg

CP5fGpw.jpg

I1IbR6k.jpg

MdjTwsj.jpg

All of these incredible photos capture the warmth and playfulness Gaga and Tony really have together. I would like to thank my Mom, who turns 70 today, :party: (Happy Birthday Mom! )for taking them tonight, for this article, and for all of you. She was glad to help the world see what our show looked like. Thanks , Mom <3

1468680_599240726792137_2050052714_n.jpg

THE SETLIST:

Introduction by Frank Sinatra
1. Anything Goes (T & G)
2. Cheek To Cheek (T & G)
3. They All Laughed  (T & G)
4. For Once In My Life (Tony)
5. Just In Time (Tony)
6. Sing, You Sinners (Tony)
7. Nature Boy (T & G)
8. Watch What Happens (Tony)
9. The Good Life (Tony)
10. Bang, Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) (Gaga Solo)
11. Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered (Gaga Solo)
12. Firefly (T & G)
13. Smile (Tony)
14. When You're Smiling (Tony)
15. Steppin' Out With My Baby (Tony)
16. I Won't Dance (T & G)
17. The Lady's In Love With You (Tony)
18. In My Solitude (Tony)
19. I Can't Give You Anything But Love (T & G)
20. Lush Life (Gaga Solo)

21. I've Got The World On A String (Tony)
22. In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning (Tony)
23. La Vie En Rose (Gaga Solo)
24. How Do You Keep The Music Playing? (T & G)
25. Let's Face The Music And Dance (T & G)
26. Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye (Gaga Solo)
27. Who Cares? (Tony)
28. Fly Me To The Moon (Tony) (Acapella)
29. I Left My Heart In San Francisco (Tony)
30. But Beautiful (T & G)
31. The Lady Is A Tramp (T & G)
32. It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing (T & G)

THE WRAP:

All in all, Gaga and Tony delivered 32 songs in just under 2 hours, and kept the crowd enthralled, moved, and laughing throughout. They share a lively onstage banter that speaks of the true friendship they share, and they have one anothers' back onstage if a line is flubbed or misplaced. As I left the Bowl, all around me, people were declaring how amazed they were at the entire spectacle.

"She can really sing!" 

"Looks great without the meat dress, eh?"

"He's pretty spry for 88 years old, and what a hot blonde he gets to dance with all night!"

"This was better than the Oscars."

Well, I almost couldn't say better than the OSCARS.... but hey, maybe they have a point! It was certainly longer, and so entertaining. We got to hear several new songs by Tony, by Duke Ellington & Frank Sinatra, and one lovely new one by Gaga, "La Vie En Rose", which will hopefully be added to the next Cheek To Cheek tour dates! Not to mention the new dress by sister Natalie. What a jam packed and awesome show we were treated to. 

I can't wait for the second Gaga / Bennett album to be released, so they can tour in support of THAT! 

Until next time, signing off,

your reporter, 

Katharine Styles-Burroughs aka ChicaSkas

:party:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LePetitGAGABLover

Only a legend could sing this type of songs while still being a pop star.:legend:

Dangerous Man

Aww. Wish I was there too. It must be really fun and enjoyable hearing Gaga sing beautifully. Thanks Chica for the wonderful report. :yes:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Paco

thanks Chica for the report! :hug: 

that rendition of La Vie en Rose was absolutely fabulous imo :giveup: 

artpopmess

Surprised Tony forgot only one line

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

GagaMyBlood95

Omg this is so amazing, thanks Chica! And you are so lucky to have attended both shows :giveup: 

HermioneGranger

The pink dress is very Marilyn Monroe in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. The hair too.

Archived