💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did you choose to stan for Gaga as opposed to another artist?

Katie14

Featured Posts

Katie14

Sometimes I think its kind of strange that I am so interested and obsessed with Gaga but I have literally zero interest in other artists or celebrities. I could never watch interview after interview, performance after performance, and go on a forum for any other celebrity. I just don't care enough. Sometimes I wonder why Gaga and not someone else.

I didn't get introduced to Gaga by choice. When I was 18 (5 years ago) I was a Freshman in college and I was taking a dance class. For our final project, we had to pick a singer/musician out of a hat and then choreograph a dance to one of their songs or pieces. At this point, I sort of had a hipster view of pop music. I though all pop music was garbage and I paid little attention to it. I literally didn't know the difference between Kesha, Lady Gaga, and Katy Perry. So when I picked Gaga, I was disappointed. Someone else in my class picked Phillip Glass and I remember being very envious. Anyway, I started looking up some acoustic Gaga songs thinking a mellower version of her songs would be easier to choreograph. I was shocked by how good her voice and piano playing was. It only took a few acoustic videos and interviews before I was completely fascinated by her. It was strange how quickly I took to her. There was almost no adjustment period. I went from having a very low view of pop stars and not knowing anything about Gaga to loving her almost instantly. I spent the next few weeks binge watching every Gaga related video online I could find.  I found Gagadaily soon after and there was no turning back haha.

I wonder if I picked Taylor Swift or Beyonce, ect out of the hat, would I have become obsessed with either of them? Is there something truly special and different about Gaga by the way that she connects with her fans? Is there just something about her personality that clicks with me?

Why did you choose Gaga to stan* for and not another celebrity? Do you stan for other celebrities besides Gaga? Is so, what has that experience been like for you compared to the Gaga stan world?

*By stanning I mean being a member of a forum dedicated to that celebrity and watching/reading/hearing everything or almost everything that is related to that person which is available to the public.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red

I chose Gaga first because she is the most talented. Then because I felt so related to her and her message.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Tove Lo

I chose to stan for Gaga mainly because ATRL registrations weren't open. :derpga: 

jk I stan for a lot of artists so.

hop on that **** like a maniac

mariomania1234

Because she has the best music and is the most talented. She is also the most interesting to follow.

Katie14

Because she has the best music and is the most talented. She is also the most interesting to follow.

​Is that really true though or is that just our perception?

Jester

She's such a interesting person with really unique set of talents tbh, I used to hate pop as well and then she came and shake my world :hor:

I think it was only a coincidence that you found her through that dance thing so I don't think you'd be as obsessed with anyone else if you picked them instead of Gaga

T3ARS

She is simply the best of the new girls. :queenga:

IMO, no (new) major pop star comes close to her creativity and style she is one of kind. Not only did she bring dance music to the forefront of American pop music;  she also started a major fashion craze among her peers. She came into the games with guns loaded and made all the other ladies step their game up.

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

JGD

I became a huge fan of Gaga because she's the most interesting out there.  She has the best performances, the best looks, and amazing talent!  Plus, her music is SO good.  The Born This Way era made me love her even more, then came ARTPOP and... :wao:  Oh and she's so real, and the connection she has with her fans is genuine.

Bebe

I don't even think it was a conscious choice.

She just blew me away with her catchy songs, her incredible performances and her insane videos. She broke into the industry as a fully-formed artist with her own music, her own style/fashion sense and her own purpose. 

I still find Gaga to be the greatest performer, musician and artist in the modern pop sphere. 

Lumi

She's an amazing vocalist

Writes from heart

She's entertaining and always fresh

She's a role model

I love her music and the way it has an impact on me

She's not afraid to be different and weird

She's very open and takes the time to explain her art

She's an LGTB activist :lolgaga:

I do like other popstars' music but it's just that.

underneath the pine

kevinthesheep

I remember it was around the time poker face came out and i was talking to my mum whilst listening to it in the car. My mum was a very proud italian lady :lolgaga: and she was saying how she watched her on The View and found out that she's italian, and she was calling her a 'putana' and all these bad italian words because she didn't wear any pants. After that moment, I started doing more research about her and got hooked on TF… I think in a way I wanted to piss of my mum by being rebellious and liking someone who she thought was slutty… it was so funny because I think my mum secretly loved her because she was a talented sicilian girl, and anyone sicilian was ok in her books… and 6 years later i still love the girl :P

Bradley

Lol it's funny how some people love her from acoustic performances cause Gaga's selling point is usually her dance-pop but whatever the way it is that got you here, it's never a bad thing.

Dorothy Gale

I think it's because, as opposed to many popstars, she's involved in every aspect of her music. Not to say there aren't others, but Gaga is by far the most dynamic and interesting of the main pop girls.

GawdGa

around the time of realizing i was gay af, i found out that she is an LGBT activist and looked up to her a lot, so i bought all her music and became in love :flirt:

Archived