Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lindsay Lohan completes her community service on time, avoids jail

Michael

Featured Posts

Michael

Lindsey-lohan-nyc-0513.jpg

Where there is a will, there's a way.

Lindsay Lohan doubled up on community service jobs while in New York City in order to complete the hours required to avoid jail time by her May 28 deadline.

The "Mean Girls" star is under a deadline to complete more than 100 hours by Thursday morning's court hearing in California.

Lohan confirmed the news on her official Instagram account with a celebratory messsage thanking the organizations that allowed her to volunteer. 

In addition to her work at a Brooklyn child care center, the actress worked 10- to 12-hour shifts through Memorial Day weekend at a second social service facility that's open 24/7, according to a source familiar with her assignment.

Lohan waited until the last minute to resume her community service work: officials at Duffield Child Care said their program alone would not have been open for the 115 hours Lohan needed to complete her service by May 28.

Sources familiar with Lohan's volunteer work said she exceeded the 115 hours ordered by Superior Court Judge Mark Young, logging roughly 122 hours, and that the Santa Monica District Attorney's office has received documentation of the hours logged.

Earlier this month, NBC 4 New York received exclusive access to Lohan's first day of community service at the Duffield Center. She spent that day filing papers, but since then, after passing a child welfare background check, she has also helped out teachers in the classroom.

Video: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Lindsay-Lohan-Meets-Community-Service-Deadline-New-York-City-305268241.html

Lohan was expected to fly back to California Wednesday night, the sources told NBC 4 New York.

The case is the final criminal case against Lohan, who has spent nearly eight years on probation after first being charged with driving under the influence and d--g possession in 2007. If her hours are approved by the judge, the "Freaky Friday" star's probation will end Thursday.

Lohan is remain on probation for a 2012 reckless driving and lying to police case filed after her Porsche collided with a dump truck on Pacific Coast Highway. She was on her way to a film shoot at the time.

Computer

I'm happy for her. :party: 

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

monsterdreams

Hope she can keep this up now, she's doing so well 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Fiona Apple

I don't know why.But I am really happy that she is doing well

Iwontell

:hunty: I just love that she actually tried to pass meet and greets as community service <3 

Anyway, way to go Liloh!

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

LoveandMagic

Hopefully her community service will give her a broader understanding of how things work in the real world and she can appreciate how good she has it. Personally I think she is a talented actress and I was so disappointed with her decline due to her excessive partying and d--g and alcohol use. She got in a lot of trouble and could have hurt herself or others. I hope this hard work has motivated her to full rehabilitation of her lifestyle. I want her to shine like she used to and build herself up for better things. My hope for her is not lost.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Archived