💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

ARTPOP discussion

Mills

Which are your favorite singles from ARTPOP?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Which are your favorite singles from ARTPOP?

Featured Posts

Welcome to the ARTPOP (2013) discussion thread!

"Lady Gaga is over" - that was the title of the promotional video released by the pop icon herself online announcing the release of her fourth major album. Boos, jeers, and comments about her widely publicised "falling down" from the invisible pop throne started the video as she stared in front of the camera with an empty expression. Seconds later, a snippet of its lead single was played for everyone to hear, and it's a song wherein the singer demands her listeners to give her the thing she loves by putting their hands up and make them touch - Applause. The lead single managed to become an international top 10 hit in the midst of heavy competition. Follow-up single "Do What U Want", which features R&B artist R. Kelly, also did quite well, peaking within the top 20 of most markets where it was released.

The commercial success and its reception among the critics may not have exceeded or even matched those of her previous releases, and the entire album may have been overshadowed by some of the releases of her contemporaries, but still, ARTPOP is nowhere close to the media portrayal of it as one huge "flop". Beyond the charts and all the tabloid commentary, the album still became one of the world's top 10 best-selling albums of 2013 by the IFPI despite being only released on November of that year.

It's also during this album run when Gaga gave one of the most honest keynote addresses in SXSW regarding the state of the music industry, her portraits by Robert Wilson were displayed at Louvre Museum in France, and she became the first artist in history to film a music video at Hearst Castle, a national historical landmark in California, among others. In some way, Gaga's vision to put art and pop together in harmony came to fruition. And she did it like no other of her contemporaries could ever do. And for that, she deserves every single applause she gets and will get for more years to come. Come and celebrate ARTPOP here! 

anigif_optimized-24627-1427495005-1.gif

anigif_optimized-10657-1427481873-10.gif

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hellspont

I love ARTPOP :wao:

Venus&ARTPOP&Aura&Sexxx Dreams :wao:

SXSW :wao:

iTunes Festival :wao:

artRave :wao:

SonOfAphrodite

Listened to Swine and I remembered how much I loved her raspy vocals :wub:

SissyFromSpace

the highlight of the era was when she was in japan

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Spyro

Praise da best song on the album: MANiCURE :neyde: 

Spyro the Dragon

Staryu

Amazing and underrated album. :wub: 

Favorite single: Venus

Favorite non-single: Gypsy

iWLy4yi4j0t8u.gif

PartySick

Dope and G.U.Y....as far as singles go...

I'll chose Dope :pray:

🖤

eifulien

ARTPOP  :sara:

VENUS!

I see you, dirty naughty hyenas, as we distance ourselves from the release mishaps and media backlash in 2013, the album starts to be appreciated more (esp. seeing other artists' eras :troll:).

Let's remember ARTPOP as Gaga's short-lived spiritually immature, bright, colourful, light, PARTY FUN era. And don't forget this album also made people stan for her... :hor:

Riot Poof

I was always here for ARTPOP. I remember when she debuted those songs at the iTunes Festival and it tided me over until we got the album. :worship:

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

• Admin unpinned this topic

Archived