💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The Fame (Monster) discussion

Mills

Which are your favorite singles from The Fame and The Fame Monster?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Which are your favorite singles from The Fame and The Fame Monster?

Featured Posts

Welcome to The Fame (2008) + The Fame Monster  (2009) discussion thread!   

Widely credited as a game-changer in the mainstream music scene, Lady Gaga skyrocketed to the top when her debut studio album, The Fame (2008) became a monstrous commercial success which even gained an equally monstrous critical acclaim led by the global smash singles "Just Dance" and "Poker Face". The album was later re-released in 2009 as The Fame Monster, which was also made available as a standalone extended play (EP). It featured further global smash singles led by "Bad Romance", a song which won the hearts of millions, both of fans and professional critics alike, and whose music video quickly took the world by storm.

And by the time she has embarked on what would become the top-grossing tour in history by a debut headlining artist, it's already made known to almost everyone that Lady Gaga wasn't just the newest hit-maker in town, but also, more importantly, she's a legitimate singer-songwriter who, within such a short period of time, has showcased a career worthy to be inducted in a music-related hall of fame. From an innovative debuting act into an undisputed global pop icon, revisit the journey of Lady Gaga here during her first two album runs. 

anigif_enhanced-31965-1427481282-24_prev       

anigif_enhanced-1746-1427482309-3.gif

anigif_optimized-10158-1427481533-8.gif

Milestones:

15 MILLION albums sold worldwide

6.2 MILLION albums sold in the US - Billboard

7 top 10 hits on the Hot 100 chart - Billboard

6 #1 hits on Mainstream Top 40 - Billboard

4 #1 singles in the UK - Official Charts Company 

5 global chart-topping singles

5 GRAMMYs won

- 2010 Best Electronic/Dance Album for "The Fame"

- 2011 Best Pop Vocal Album for "The Fame Monster"

11 MTV Video Music awards won

- 2010 Video of the Year for "Bad Romance"

Named "one of the best debut albums of all time" for "The Fame" by RollingStone

Made Lady Gaga the "Artist of the Year" in 2010 by Billboard

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausAlly

literally my fave era, so many good performances :proud:

Pop Art

-

Dangerous Man

The Fame Monster remains the best Gaga album for me. :worship:

Everything about it is truly iconic, from single choice, live performances, fashion and most of all great stunning videos. :worship:

Bad Romance remains her best video to date. :worship:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

LePetitGAGABLover

The Fame is a little overrated imo, but its still a badass album. I LOVE I like it Rough:lolly:

antpats2

shouldn't TF and TFM have separate threads? Yes, the fame was on the deluxe edition of TFM but they had their own singles, eras etc with completely different looks and performances and even tours. And TFM was sold as a standalone 8 track album

xoxo cupcakke

Nnnnnnnn... Why doesn't The Fame Monster get ha own thread, EP or not? :awkney:

Unless it has to do with sales and chart positions then I see understand :neyde:

Great idea! One little thing though - I think there should be separate threads for both The Fame and The Fame Monster as they both had independent eras, tours, themes, and more.

shouldn't TF and TFM have separate threads? Yes, the fame was on the deluxe edition of TFM but they had their own singles, eras etc with completely different looks and performances and even tours. And TFM was sold as a standalone 8 track album

​We noticed that while they're separately seen as two distinctive eras by majority of our members and of the entire fanbase, the two albums, however, tend to have the same audience here (i.e. the commentators who regularly discuss these albums tend to be the same set of members). So instead of having two separate pinned threads for TF and TFM, we thought it'd be best to just contain the two into one discussion thread in order to fully maximise its usage. 

Bad Romance probably but at the moment it's LoveGame.. I don't think I appreciated as much when I used to listen to the album

Pure Adrenaline

SO we will be discussing LG1 ... cool :flirt:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

• Admin unpinned this topic

Archived