đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Can we stop with the "recycled songs" from ARTPOP

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark

o<(0_0)>o 

Ever since ARTPOP's release, many here have decided to call some of ARTPOP's songs "recycled songs". And all I have to say is that it doesn't matter whether or not some songs already had some pre-made instrumentals as long as the final result is good. All of those Zedd's or Madeon's songs you call recycled were never released anyway. And if Gaga saw some of these pre-made instrumentals fit to accompany her melodies and lyrics, than what is the problem? If you don't like some of these songs because you just don't like them than that is fine, but not liking something just because you know that some instrumentals were pre-made is pretty shallow.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

It definitely isn't fair because we don't know how many songs in her total discography were recycled that way. But, on the other hand, I think it clashed so much with ARTPOP's message of creativity and artistic expression that I can't really blame anyone for being more surprised that time around.

"can we stop?"

then you make a thread bringing it up again. :neyde: 

BUY BEAUTY BEHIND THE MADNESS ON ITUNES.

Quark

It definitely isn't fair because we don't know how many songs in her total discography were recycled that way. But, on the other hand, I think it clashed so much with ARTPOP's message of creativity and artistic expression that I can't really blame anyone for being more surprised that time around.

​But having pre-made instrumentals in your songs in not necessarily un-creative. Is just that Gaga saw those instrumentals good enough as they were to be part of one of her songs. Plus, most of these instrumentals were tweak and improved upon for the album.

Didymus

​But having pre-made instrumentals in your songs in not necessarily un-creative. Is just that Gaga saw those instrumentals good enough as they were to be part of one of her songs. Plus, most of these instrumentals were tweak and improved upon for the album.

​Well.. most of them were 100% kept and copied :shrug: At least, the ones I know of: Aura, MANiCURE and Donatella (the last two being an almost exact replica). Not much tweaking going on there.

Anyhow, I don't really care because that's just what happens when you make electronic pop music, but it's just a bit.. I don't know, I mean, I don't care but I don't like that she does it either. I'd prefer her to work with her producers from scratch. Or she could at least be honest about it and say that no, she doesn't write all of her music. It's that dishonesty that puts me (and others I imagine) off.

Supersonic

It's funny because nobody complained about the bridge of "Fashion of His Love". 90% of y'all probably don't even know that the main riff of Judas is a dance music software sample or that the entire beat/drums of Bad Romance have been recycled from a DJ's mixing CD.

Ladey Gagz

Well this topic came out of sudden, nobody said something like that months...

​mte

this thread :miley: You're just bringing it up even more :rip:

It shouldn't and doesn't matter to the casual listener but to a fan who might expect (whether wrongly or not) complete creation from nothing it's understandable that they'd be disappointed, the effort involved with a pre-made production in comparison is minimal. 

Personally I couldn't care less if she took the entirety of Teenage Dream and used its instrumentals as long as the end product is still good. 

Quark

​Well.. most of them were 100% kept and copied :shrug: At least, the ones I know of: Aura, MANiCURE and Donatella (the last two being an almost exact replica). Not much tweaking going on there.

Anyhow, I don't really care because that's just what happens when you make electronic pop music, but it's just a bit.. I don't know, I mean, I don't care but I don't like that she does it either. I'd prefer her to work with her producers from scratch. Or she could at least be honest about it and say that no, she doesn't write all of her music. It's that dishonesty that puts me (and others I imagine) off.

By writing all of her music she is mainly talking about the lyrics and vocal melodies. Anyways, she is involved in the production in almost all of her songs.​ 

Supersonic

It shouldn't and doesn't matter to the casual listener but to a fan who might expect (whether wrongly or not) complete creation from nothing it's understandable that they'd be disappointed. Personally I couldn't care less if she took the entirety of Teenage Dream and used its instrumentals as long as the end product is still good. 

​Talking about Teenage Dream, California Gurls falls under the same category since its instrumental is basically indentical with Tik Tok's instrumental. I don't ever see it being brought up here, so why should it matter when Gaga does it. :huh:

Didymus

​Am I missing something? was MANiCURE recycled?

​Yeah, it was posted a few times on GGD, it was a song from 2012 or whatever from some Disney show that had the exact same instrumental composition (apart from the outro).

Archived