💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

How Katy Perry wound up in ‘sexist’ NHL controversy

Serendipity

Featured Posts

Serendipity

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/2perry.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman doesn’t believe Winnipeg Jets fans were being “s-xist in the slightest” by comparing Anaheim Ducks forward Corey Perry to pop singer Katy Perry.

Bettman likens the chants to goalies being called “sieves.” The commissioner was in Winnipeg on Monday for the chants during Game 3 of the first-round playoff series.

When reminded that sieves don’t have feelings, Bettman accepted that point, before adding he didn’t believe Katy Perry was “particularly upset by that chant.”

The exchange took place at the league headquarters Friday during Bettman’s annual meeting with Associated Press Sports Editors.

Bettman says it’s “overly literal” to call the chants s-xist. Without providing numbers, he says the NHL has a greater percentage of female fans than do the other major sports.

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

SissyFromSpace

gross. id hate to be surrounded by middle aged straight men who obsess over sports :sick:

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Haroon

Hmm it depends which aspect of Katy Perry they're referring to really, if it's just based on s-x and they're using her female s-x as an insult then yes it is s-xist :yes: I think it needs to be elaborated on before the s-xist label is thrown around :shrug: 

xoxo cupcakke

Well, it is s-xist because by implying Corey is like Katy, that signifies that Corey is womanly and they are trying to jab at his skills and masculinity by comparing him to a female popstar :awkney:

Dangerous Man

sure Jan. :neyde:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Serendipity

Poor Katy getting dragged without any reason

the irony, her surname isn't even Perry

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

I hate how the words "feminist", "s-xist" and "racist" have been overused in the recent years. It is driving me crazy.

Cody Draco

I would be honored to be called Katy Perry.

When will other NHL players have 5 #1 singles from one album, a super bowl halftime, 2 of the most viewed videos on youtube, etc?

They could never. :smh:

its a physically tough sport. katy perry is not physically  tough enough to play in the NHL. 

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

Iwontell

It's kind of offensive to all women...but on top of that, it's so 3rd grade! It's just dumb as ****...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Tove Lo

I would be honored to be called Katy Perry.

When will other NHL players have 5 #1 singles from one album, a super bowl halftime, 2 of the most viewed videos on youtube, etc?

They could never. :smh:

When Gangnam Style is the most viewed, and your video is under it or near it, i wouldn't be proud.

hop on that **** like a maniac

Cody Draco

When Gangnam Style is the most viewed, and your video is under it or near it, i wouldn't be proud.

​The animation in Dark Horse and Roar is top notch and I can respect that, whether I think they are childish or not.

Tove Lo

​The animation in Dark Horse and Roar is top notch and I can respect that, whether I think they are childish or not.

Dark Horse is a terrible video :lmao: 

hop on that **** like a maniac

Archived