Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The BTW Foundation is having financial problems

Spock

Featured Posts

Spock

UPDATE Lady Gaga’s lawyer, Tracy Landauer, points out that even those these are the figures, the Born this Way Foundation has helped thousands of teens with the bus tour. Plus, survey information taken from the teens has been extremely helpful in papers delivered for seminars and for educational studies. Plus, they don’t give grants, period. So they’re in the red. You can’t have everything.

EARLIER It’s hard to be a saint in the city. That’s what Bruce Springsteen said right at the start. Lady Gaga is finding that out. She’s tried hard to help her fans through her Born this Way Foundation charity. But there are problems. For 2013, Born this Way finished in the red big time. Revenue less expenses for 2013 was minus $2.2 million. Total assets when all said was done was negative $94,000.  Lady Gaga was waiting to be reimbursed for $100,000 in expenses.

No one did anything wrong, and from the Form 990 for Federal filing, there’s no indication that alarms should be ringing. But the charity’s Born the Way bus, which went around the country as an emissary to fans, did them in. For example, this was all after revenue of over $1.8 million.

Unfortunately, the filing is so vague that we don’t know if the silk throated Gaga– aka Stefani Germanotta– donated all the money herself or there were other donees. What it does say that revenue was down from $2.6 million from the prior year. Also, no grants were made to anyone. Zero.

So where did the money go? Salaries increased to $157,388 from a little less than $80. Who got ‘em? We don’t know, but payroll taxes were paid of $15,992 for someone.

Other expenses included $101,796 for travel, $91,574 for legal, $171,459 for “philanthropic consulting.”

Total functional expenses were $4 million for a foundation that didn’t actually help any specific individual.  It does seem that around $3 million of that was spent with a company called Jack Morton Worldwide to “create, equip and manage” the Born Brave Bus to fulfill the foundation’s “programmatic objectives.”

You know, I love Lady Gaga’s voice. I admire her spirit and her creativity. I think she’ll be a major force in entertainment for decades. But this Foundation doesn’t seem like it was such a great idea in practical application. Where do things stand now? The website has the equivalent of an “out to lunch” sign on it.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/03/16/lady-gaga-charity-in-the-red-born-this-way-has-bus-load-of-financial-problems

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bellatrix

So the "contest" where you could get a phone call from Gaga if you donated money was a trick to get more money?

Didymus

Those expenses sound so fishy lmfao

On the other hand, this is a non-profit organization tho. Who cares.

Spock

The Little Accountants are out today  default_gum2.gif

​Yeah I noticed the other thread after I posted this one. Oops :ohwell:

who will love me when the night is over

SissyFromSpace

did someone from pawsdown make this

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Blue Jeans

So thats why she asked us to donate on ha birthday

84001-Emma-Roberts-crying-gif-AHS-Co-Ns0

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

mrlemon

"$4 million for a foundation that didn’t actually help any specific individual" What in the world :duck:

Gaga, Ke$ha, and Ava

So the "contest" where you could get a phone call from Gaga if you donated money was a trick to get more money?

​How is that a trick? She was openly asking for money.

VelmaDinkley

I'm sorry I love gaga but how has the born this way foundation helped anyone? When I watched the launch of the btwf with oprah winfrey it looked so promising but it doesn't really do much. A friend of mine made a 200 dollar donation and she has yet to know what the 200 dollars was for. I think this foundation should just....be pushed aside as mean as that sounds. It could be messier though....like Jay-Z's Tidal :madge: 

gagzus

I'm sorry I love gaga but how has the born this way foundation helped anyone? When I watched the launch of the btwf with oprah winfrey it looked so promising but it doesn't really do much. A friend of mine made a 200 dollar donation and she has yet to know what the 200 dollars was for. I think this foundation should just....be pushed aside as mean as that sounds. It could be messier though....like Jay-Z's Tidal :madge: 

​people forget this isn't a charity like Red Cross or Comic Relief, they don't give the money to individuals they use it to fund their bus tours & conventions, to create safe places where teenagers can go talk about their problems away from judgement & harassment. 

Archived