💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Fifty Shades of Grey breaking records; aiming for $90M+

Yanko

Featured Posts

Universal is reporting a Friday estimate of $30.2M for Fifty Shades of Grey, making it the highest February opening day ever, beating Newmarket’s Passion of the Christ which opened on Ash Wednesday 2004 with $26.6M.

Several sources are telling me this morning that when it comes to Fifty Shades of Grey, it’s a hard one to pin down this weekend in terms of a perfect weekend projection, and it boils down two factors working against each other, one being that Fifty Shades is a fan-fave big screen literary adaptation and the second being Valentine’s Day. This ying-yang factor has most conservative estimates keeping Fifty Shades of Grey in the $76-85M four-day realm. However, if the film has a great Valentine’s Day, and benefits from the holiday run, some think it still has a shot at $90M-plus over FSSM.

Top 10 films per industry estimates ranked by 3-day grosses:

1). Fifty Shades of Grey (UNI), 3,646 theaters / $31M Fri.* / 3-Day: $83M/4-Day: $91M/ Wk 1

http://deadline.com/2015/02/fifty-shades-of-grey-kingsman-weekend-box-office-1201372952/

I saw it yesterday and it was so bad.. not to mention there were creepy old men sitting alone in the corners which made it even worse 

All those housewives running to the theaters.

And the thirsty teens.

I bet teens won't be allowed to watch it :p

Anyway, good for them. They are already planning sequels tho :awkney:

TheOriginalOne

aNexqG3_460sa_v1.gif

Although, lots of my friends who saw it told me it was not what they expected compared to the book  :shrug:
literally every book to movie adaptation

Pure Adrenaline

well considering the hype it got, anything less would have been disappointment :manicure:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Ew, I don't like all the buzz around this movie. I'm sure you can find weird **** online.

it aint even weird/good **** 

Archived