movie

Rate the Last Movie You Watched

James L

Featured Posts

gagalovesme

220px-A_Tale_of_Two_Sisters_film.jpg

A Tale of Two Sisters

Rating: 7.5/10 

My Asian Horror film marathon continues and this time I decided to stop and give this film a look after certain folks recommended this thriller to me. It is not a "scary" movie like The Ring or Halloween or any other movie of that sort, but it's a nice thriller- albeit a confusing one at that until it all falls into pieces towards the end. It's okay I suppose, but I was expecting something greater. 

i was so confused after watching that, i had to read a 10 page essay explaining it all  :cryga: it's an unbelievably clever film though, i think it's definitely worth another watch but i know what you mean, i was expecting it to be even better but it's a great film nonetheless

Sister

Rock Of Ages

5/10

It's so bad that I love it. It's my new guilty pleasure and I like to sing along with it!

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Lion Heart

220px-Mpafunnygamesposterb.jpg

Funny Games (2007)

Rating: 8.0/10

A psychological thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat only to let your heart sink several times. Haneke's critique of society's and the media's obsession with violence is portrayed well... in it's own way. Or at least that's what I got from it. I've heard the original (1997) is much better. Kind of shocked to see that this film has about a 52% rating on RottenTomatoes maybe they thought it was a bit pretentious or were disappointed on the movie's outcome. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall - 10/10

Literally breathtaking. The music and singing were so overwhelming and powerful. It was a really good show and the performances were all spot on. I like the altered musical arrangements that are more similar to the film version/music videos. Not all the changes but a good amount. The stage was awesome as well.

Love Never Dies 7/10

I found it satisfying. The music was really strong though not as groundbreaking or fresh as the original. I felt it was a satisfying finale to the main character. The only issue I had was that some of the characters felt really inconsistent with the original show. It's unusual but doesn't ruin the story or anything. Also the stage itself is amazing and the dance pieces are so colourful and vibrant.

I've got to thank you! I didn't know they filmed the theatre version of The Phantom of The Opera and I always wanted to see it, now I'm absolutely obsessed! Ramin Karimloo :worship:

Can't wait till november to go see it in London.

Was not impressed by Love Never Dies though, I really don't like when they make a movie version of a musical, I hated the 2004 movie of The Phantom of The Opera.

Lion Heart

215px-Serbian-film-poster-325x460.jpg

(A Serbian Film)

Rating: 8.0/ 10

Grotesque, disturbing, and cruel. You'll need a strong stomach to digest this exhibition of rape, necrophilia, and paedophilia. Have fun. :)

Lion Heart

220px-Fast_Five_poster.jpg

Fast Five

Rating: 8.0/10 

I'm usually not into these over-the-top action packed films especially the more recent ones, but I got to say I did find myself enjoying this movie. I have to give it to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson here- this one was one of his standout roles. I see that they are slowly transitioning away from car culture and focusing more on gun battles and fighting... Regardless I can't wait to see the next installment. 

Ambrosia

10/10

A perfect movie, with perfect music.

I've heard of this movie, but have yet to see it.  I didn't know about that all-star cast!  Wow!    Isn't Sofia Coppola Francis Ford Coppola's daughter? 

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

Sister

Isn't Sofia Coppola Francis Ford Coppola's daughter? 

Yes and she is really awesome!

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Man Of Steel - 9/10

I loved how this Superman is much more grounded and realistic as the Dark Knight was. The production of this movie is top-notch! Although sometimes it was a bit much, however the great story made up for any of the down time during the movie. Overall, I would place this as my favorite Superman movie!