💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

My artRAVE Experience

Essence

Featured Posts

Essence

This is a bit of a long read, but if your date is coming up I guarantee this will make you all the more excited.

My girlfriend (Capso) and I arrived at Staples Center around 6:30. I was wearing a Gaga snapback from the Born This Way Ball, pixellated glasses inspired by the GUY video, and an Applause T-shirt. She was wearing a Gaga tank top, fishnets, and the makeup from Judas! As soon as we got there, it was amazing to see the diversity of all the Gaga fans around. Some people had the most intricate costumes! 

We picked up our tickets and went inside and then we realized we hadn't received our VIP merchandise, which was supposed to come with our tickets. We had to ask nearly 10 different people who worked there where to pick it up and they all gave us different answers (one woman even told us it would be shipped to us within the next few weeks, which was complete and utter bull****) until finally one woman told us we had to go to a separate entrance on the side of the building. After waiting in another line, we FINALLY got our VIP merch (the beautiful tour book, a laminate, and a tote bag) and went inside. At the merchandise stand, I bought a "LADY ****ING GAGA" shirt and a glowstick, and she bought the seashell tank-top and another glowstick for the show.

7wGp1YZ.jpg

We went to our seats and I was surprised at how good the view actually was. We were in Section 107, and had a clear view of all parts of the stage, which was beautiful. Crayon Pop came on shortly after 8 pm, and they were SO cute!! They interacted with the audience and genuinely seemed to be having a good time. I was pleasantly surprised. 

After Lady Starlight's set began, Capso and I decided to go get some food and drinks.

We were walking out of our section when we noticed someone yelling "GAGA DAILY?? GAGA DAILY" and to our pleasant surprise it was the fantastic moderator, ChicaSkas! She hugged us and talked to us for a few minutes. It was amazing to actually meet someone from this fantastic site. She was so kind, and we even got a picture with her!

0xCALDw.jpg

We came back with more food than we could finish :rip: and Starlight's set went on for about 15 more minutes. After her set, we were anxiously waiting for Gaga to come on. They took forever to finally take down the curtain and unveil the castle and backdrop. As soon as they did, we were hypnotized.

This was my girlfriend's first Gaga concert, and she was so amazed right from the beginning. I saw the BTWB last year but I had what had to be the definition of nosebleeds, so I would consider this my first time seeing a full length Gaga concert up close (however, I saw her perform a few songs at Bill Clinton's benefit concert in 2011) and I was READY TO BE SLAYED.

When people say videos don't do the show justice, they are not lying. When she pops up at the beginning of the show, every single sequin on that leotard shines brighter than the sun. She sounded fantastic and actually danced amazingly. When she came up to the piano, she was pretty close to us so we were both really excited.

We both danced and jumped and sang along to EVERY SINGLE SONG. We had our own mini rave :party: and I am officially facing the consequences today (I'm sore as ****) but it was worth it. We went crazy during G.U.Y., Venus, Do What U Want, Sexxx Dreams :whip: , Applause and Swine in particular. My girlfriend hadn't heard Partynauseous yet and I think she was slayed. I snapped this pic during Jewels N' Drugs.

RgDmb03.jpg

Gaga live is an unparalleled experience. It felt like a dream. Her speeches were short but powerful, and definitely made us go wild. I think both Capso and I lost our voices from screaming after she said "If you don't know ARTPOP, grab a glowstick or get the **** out!" The highlights for me would be the stage, the lighting, and how well her outfits looked in person. Swine was my absolute favorite, because everybody in the place was jumping and having a good time. Applause was also fantastic, as well as Venus which had us going mental, and when she went up in the paw during DWUW she looked and sounded great. Born This Way live was so special, especially when she took off her wig. It was so raw, and it made me feel closer to her than I've ever felt before. Gypsy live was also amazing, because it's the Gaga song my girlfriend and I connect with the most. We hugged and kissed and watched our idol slay 20,000 people in that arena with OUR song :legend:

Lady Gaga is my favorite performer of this generation, because no concert has made me feel more connected to every aspect of the art it was presenting as much as this one. I will never forget artRAVE. I was with my favorite person listening to my favorite album by my favorite singer. I still can't believe how amazing it was. :pawsup:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Logan

Aww that picture of you all is so cute. I'm glad you all had fun :) And it's so cute that Gaga songs make you guys connect. 

Chic

Capso's eye makeup and outfit are only the most flawless things I've ever seen (she's so pretty too! :heart: ) and your 8-bit glasses are giving me LIFE

Your meeting which Chic sounds so so great and I would scream if someone said Gaga Daily at my artRave, lol

I'm so glad you had a great time! Also, let's be honest, Gypsy is my and my future boyfriend's song, long distance relationships fit the lyrics best :derpga:

calmar

Crayon Pop came on shortly after 8 pm, and they were SO cute!! 

They took forever to finally take down the curtain and unveil the castle and backdrop.

When people say videos don't do the show justice, they are not lying. When she pops up at the beginning of the show, every single sequin on that leotard shines brighter than the sun. 

Gaga live is an unparalleled experience. It felt like a dream. Her speeches were short but powerful.

Swine was my absolute favorite, because everybody in the place was jumping and having a good time.

I will never forget artRAVE. 

All of this +1. The Dallas show :legend:

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Essence

Capso's eye makeup and outfit are only the most flawless things I've ever seen (she's so pretty too! :heart: ) and your 8-bit glasses are giving me LIFE

Your meeting which Chic sounds so so great and I would scream if someone said Gaga Daily at my artRave, lol

I'm so glad you had a great time! Also, let's be honest, Gypsy is my and my future boyfriend's song, long distance relationships fit the lyrics best :derpga:

Thank you Chic :) :party:

Essence

How many time ?

I think the show was about 1 and a half hours. She started around 9:45.

iAstroLeo

We were walking out of our section when we noticed someone yelling "GAGA DAILY?? GAGA DAILY"

I laughed so hard at this :lmao:

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, can't wait til mine.. 110 days to go :giveup:

Morphine Prince

Sounds like you had a great time! The pictures are great. 

It truly is an amazing EXPERIENCE, not just a concert. It makes you forget about the downs of this era and just makes you love Gaga even more. 

Essence

Sounds like you had a great time! The pictures are great. 

It truly is an amazing EXPERIENCE, not just a concert. It makes you forget about the downs of this era and just makes you love Gaga even more. 

I couldn't agree more!

Crossing my fingers that Coldplay tours next year :cry:

Archived