Kendall Jones will have a show on hunting/ preserving African wildlife

• Page 1 of 2
G.U.Y.

23,734 posts

enhanced-3552-1404205838-1.jpg

http://www.buzzfeed....ook-controversy

The bulk of the article deals with people who are urging Facebook to ban Kendall Jones due to her pictures 'promoting animal cruelty,' but towards the bottom we learn that Jones will have a show depicting her adventures via the Sportsman Channel:

A representative for Pigman TV, the organization behind Jones’ upcoming TV show has also given BuzzFeed a statement, saying that the show is still planned to air in 2015.

In the most rural areas, where many of these hunts take place, a majority of the people are unemployed and depend on bartering as a way of living. We’re very proud of Kendall and Cody in not only helping to conserve these species for future generations, but also for helping contribute both money and jobs to an extremely poor area of Africa.

At this point, we are still on pace to air the content of Kendall’s hunts in early 2015. With regards to the death threats Kendall has received from various members of activist organizations, we would simply ask that these folks consider if threatening to murder a human being for 100% legal behavior makes you worthy of the freedom to express your love for animals. Although our ideologies may be differ from those making threats, we, as a family, still have a profound respect for human life and the law.

enhanced-3979-1404205838-9.jpg

Here's more: 

[Pro-hunting group]

Outdoor television personality and hardcore bowhunter Melissa Bachman came under fire last November after posting an image on Facebook and Twitter of a male lion she bagged in South Africa. And though Bachman was inundated with abuse from anti-hunter keyboard warriors, petitioned to be banned from South Africa, and forced to remove herself from certain social media channels, Texas huntress Kendall Jones, said to be the next Bachman, isn’t backing down from similar attacks.

Currently, Jones, 19, is being targeted by the anti-hunting crowd as being a ruthless killer and harming the ecosystem. The controversy started during the first week of June, when Jones started posting mobile uploads of her hunting adventures to Twitter and Facebook. “I hope next time you get hunted by an animal you heartless biatch!” wrote Eva Mulek on Kendall’s Facebook page. “You deserve it!”

Despite all the negative comments, Kendall remains undaunted.

“All the anti-hunters posting negative comments and sharing my photos on their page has helped me get over 600 likes in the past 48 hours,” said an unapologetic Jones in a recent interview.

Brought up in a hunting family, Jones harvested her first animal, a white rhino, at age 13. A year later the Texas teenager downed her first elephant, a charging Cape buffalo, and a heavy-maned lion. A few weeks later Jones returned to Africa and bagged a leopard and a hippo, giving her six of the infamous “Dangerous 7” at the tender age of 14.

Fast-forward a few years and Jones’ Facebook photo gallery depicts her with another lion, elephant, and leopard. Of the leopard hunt Jones noted, “I am truly grateful to be able to enjoy such a great hunt while at the same time donating the meat to the local people and putting money into wildlife conservation.”

Aside from support from countless hunters, the Sportsman Channel will be airing a show in 2015 featuring Jones and her amazing hunting adventures. Stay tuned. - See more at: http://www.grandview...N.XKkYrTIX.dpuf

Her response: 

She has previously defended herself, saying her hunts involved a "fair chase" and said animal populations sometimes had to be controlled.

She wrote: "People try to say that lions will not attack a hippo, rhino or elephant, quite the contrary. Lions attack and kill the young of these species.

"Lions that have come in and taken over a pride, not only kick the older lion out, but will also kill all of his cubs so that the lioness will come into heat again.

"Controlling the male lion population is important within large fenced areas like these... Funds from a hunt like this goes partially to the government for permits but also to the farm owner as an incentive to keep and raise lions on their property."

She has also said some of the animals she poses with have been tranquilised, not shot.

Posing with a rhino, she said: "While all of the ANTI Hunters were hiding behind a computer writing repulsive comments and issuing death threats to me, well I was out doing a White Rhino Green Hunt.

"I darted a white rhino and the Vet drew blood samples, DNA profile, cleaned out and medicated a leg wound and gave several shots of antibiotics.

"The Rhino woke up great and will now be a part of a DNA databank fighting against anti-poaching. Again doing my part in conservation to make a difference."

Her defences has failed to convince a lot of people, one of whom said: "Africa doesn't need scum like you. Go back to where you came from."

http://www.huffingto..._n_5543364.html

-

23,529 posts

I have seen this literally all over my Facebook feed with people on both sides. I don't know which side to take :duck:

G.U.Y.

3,993 posts

I thought it said Kendall Jenner.. whew.

I ****ing hate those hunting shows though, especially the ones where the men kill the beautiful African elephants for absolutely no reason. I know people have their own individual hobbies, but Jesus Christ... the fact these people come from different continents just to hunt native animals for rewards and souvenirs kind of ticks me off. African wildlife is so beautiful, but it's diminishing so much because of these people.

G.U.Y.

7,983 posts

ugh honestly theres really no excuse. someone should've controlled human over population by disallowing her to be born...

G.U.Y.

2,826 posts

:popcorn:

G.U.Y.

208 posts

She should have included that the rhino she took a picture with was darted, that would have been an easy way to avoid hate. That's still rude though, yes it is nice that you're helping that rhino by darting it and taking back information/data/w/e but taking a picture with it? When it looks dead? Why don't you just go to the zoo and take a picture with one? Hunters should just leave these animals alone, just let them do their own thing, I'm sure they know what they're doing, especially since they've lived for so long.

G.U.Y.

Audio Remixer

4,149 posts

Sport hunting is stupid and wrong. No matter what's their excuse.

G.U.Y.

4,570 posts

A lot of hate for this girl is based off of misinformation. She isn't a poacher for goodness sake. Sometimes there are animals that can be dangerous to the rest of the population and/or cannot breed - when this happens chances to hunt them are sold to people, they actually do this for conservation efforts suprisingly enough. I'm not saying it's the best idea, but this girl is not doing anything wrong that warrants her receiving death threats and horrible comments from people. Still - giving her a show seems like an absoultely terrible idea...

G.U.Y.

2,365 posts

They can try to validate it as much as they want, but hunting for sport is wrong, period.

G.U.Y.

23,325 posts

Maybe I'm too sensitive to this issue, but no.

G.U.Y.

1,758 posts

Can we just hunt her? Whats the difference? 

G.U.Y.

3,672 posts

They can try to validate it as much as they want, but hunting for sport is wrong, period.

This. I just can't understand people who do this for fun... like what's wrong with you? :wtfga:

G.U.Y.

2,716 posts

Can we just hunt her? Whats the difference? 

This and this.

I hate when people think it is okay to hunt animals for sport, especially endangered species. If you want to hunt animals for sport, hunt ducks or squirrels, not endangered species.

badgirls-t-bustingout.gif

G.U.Y.

230 posts

i have no problems with birds, deers, and other over populated animals. but...why safari animals  :eww: i think its the lions/tigers/ and other meat eater's duty to keep the animal kingdom in balance! not humans!  :emo:

G.U.Y.

34,891 posts

Did she also kill snakes and crocodiles?
If sho I am happy for her.

G.U.Y.

251 posts

This is ridiculous. To be honest, such people can never be stopped. It's the south african government that needed to have check on this.

All those animals are fricking endangered for crying out loud...

G.U.Y.

1,125 posts

Only dislike Kendall Jones if you are a vegan, otherwise look at the meat you eat today. That animals suffer for your meat, and the cow suffer to make you milk and cheese; also the chickens suffer a lot to make you your eggs.  :P

G.U.Y.

Community Committee

4,260 posts

hy doesn't she just borrow money off Kris instead of killing innocent creature :eww:

G.I.R.L.

4,600 posts

Wait, are those animals in the pics dead? :ohno:

G.U.Y.

2,397 posts

I thou

I thought it said Kendall Jenner.. whew.

I ****ing hate those hunting shows though, especially the ones where the men kill the beautiful African elephants for absolutely no reason. I know people have their own individual hobbies, but Jesus Christ... the fact these people come from different continents just to hunt native animals for rewards and souvenirs kind of ticks me off. African wildlife is so beautiful, but it's diminishing so much because of these people.

I thought it said Kendall Jenner too :dead:

• Page 1 of 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gaga Daily. 2009-2013. Privacy Policy Contact Powered by IP Board