WKTU-FM this week: 32 plays

*this is G.U.Y.'s biggest supporter. It has +1.280 Al from this station alone

WMGB-FM last week: 1

WMGB-FM this week: 28

KKMG-FM last week: 8

KKMG-FM this week: 28

There's much more.

:applause:

We only need KIIS and Z100 to be on it as well, and we'd be seeing 1M+ updates...or 0.7M+ at the very least.

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This. We need a performance!

Just so it can fall again? No need for a performance (yet). Let it build airplay, which will happen. The more we request, the faster it'll take off and prove itself.

Gypsy Life

Pop:

70. Lady Gaga - Applause

141. Lady Gaga - G.U.Y.

143. Lady Gaga - Do What U Want (feat. R. Kelly)

875. Lady Gaga - G.U.Y.

911. Lady Gaga - Venus

912. Lady Gaga - Do What U Want (feat. R. Kelly)

983. Lady Gaga - Gypsy

1324. Lady Gaga - Do What U Want (feat. Christina Aguilera)

Unfortunately, while we can help greatly on radio with requests, we cannot do the same with iTunes if we've already bought everything on ARTPOP :noparty::yes: The spins are good (let's see today's :ohno: ) But the big stations are essential, without them G.U.Y. won't do anything.

The big stations won't pick it up before it gets to the top 100/40. Small stations will, and small stations make up for like 50% of the total AI ;) so in order for it to be picked up by big stations, it'll need airplay on small stations.

Mariano

Just so it can fall again? No need for a performance (yet). Let it build airplay, which will happen. The more we request, the faster it'll take off and prove itself.

the song won't build airplay by the time artRave starts, so I guess either an early performance that will boost the song and then the song will fall, or no performance at all :rip:

A performance can also boost airplay, but if it doesn't .. It's just pointless losing a promo spot..

But without a performance I am not seeing the song doing moderately well (and this is at most :rip: )

Mariano

292. Lady Gaga - ARTPOP

:noparty:

no platinum status in the USA :ohno: This is so horrible I don't want it to happen :(  Release Gypsy after GUY :ohno:

GUYs Chorus is not the best but it's very catchy and not in an annoying way like some other pop songs. The verses and especially GUYs bridge are the best parts.

I agree with you on this, especially the verses and the heavenly bridge, her vocals are so strong there. A performance will do wonders for the song especially if airplay is above 10M and closer to 20M AI.

no platinum status in the USA :ohno: This is so horrible I don't want it to happen :( Release Gypsy after GUY :ohno:

One second G.U.Y. should be last single then suddenly 4th single is Gypsy.

Bad Monster Kid

I agree with you on this, especially the verses and the heavenly bridge, her vocals are so strong there. A performance will do wonders for the song especially if airplay is above 10M and closer to 20M AI.

Here's the thing with a performance of GUY. I went to the Roseland Show on 3/31 for my BDAY. I was not blown away by it. When she does a national TV perf. For GUY she needs to put more effort into the dancing because at Roseland it was sloppy as hell. That or come up with n entirely different performance for the song.

SomethingMore

urghhhhhhhh

Gypsy was supposed to be the 3rd single. I wish she would listen to her fans/critics for once!

But at least we got a great video with G.U.Y.

Gypsy still can be released! I am just afraid Interscope will scrap the 4th single.

the song won't build airplay by the time artRave starts, so I guess either an early performance that will boost the song and then the song will fall, or no performance at all :rip:

A performance can also boost airplay, but if it doesn't .. It's just pointless losing a promo spot..

But without a performance I am not seeing the song doing moderately well (and this is at most :rip: )

At least enough airplay to enter Top 100 on iTunes. Else ot won't have a big effect at all.

We should already be grateful radio is willing to play GUY, anybody remembers Adore You, a song that was constantly Top 30 yet failed to get more airplay than MTN did?

Here's the thing with a performance of GUY. I went to the Roseland Show on 3/31 for my BDAY. I was not blown away by it. When she does a national TV perf. For GUY she needs to put more effort into the dancing because at Roseland it was sloppy as hell. That or come up with n entirely different performance for the song.

Everyone said the same on here. On the other hand I really liked it :toofunny: I'd say come up with a different concept altogether, not here for her dancing more and her voice suffering as a result. I'm sure she'd do something completely different though like how all Do What U Want performances were thematically different from each other.

Blank Space

Here are G.U.Y.'s biggest supporters:

WHTI-FM last week: 56 plays

WHTI-FM this week: 57 plays

S001-FM last week: 46 plays

S001-FM this week: 56 plays

KZBD-FM last week: 18 plays

KZBD-FM this week: 44 plays

KLJT-FM last week: 14 plays

KLJT-FM this week: 37 plays

WKTU-FM last week: 32 plays

WKTU-FM this week: 32 plays

*this is G.U.Y.'s biggest supporter. It has +1.280 Al from this station alone

WMGB-FM last week: 1

WMGB-FM this week: 28

KKMG-FM last week: 8

KKMG-FM this week: 28

There's much more.

You should do more these type of researches, really good to see and very informative.

Everyone said the same on here. On the other hand I really liked it :toofunny: I'd say come up with a different concept altogether, not here for her dancing more and her voice suffering as a result. I'm sure she'd do something completely different though like how all Do What U Want performances were thematically different from each other.

Honestly she should just lip sync the chorus :toofunny: or interact with the crowd during the chorus a la Beyonce

Honestly she should just lip sync the chorus :toofunny: or interact with the crowd during the chorus a la Beyonce

NO! If anything she should just not dance and sing her heart out. Besides the chorus isn't the hardest part of the song.

Archived