Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Millie Brown interviewed, talks about 'Swine' performance

WheresTheDoggo

Featured Posts

Whispering

I've only heard what she said mentioned a couple times in the media. In comparison to the articles specifically about Gaga it is a very tiny amount. GGD/LM are the ones making her tweet into something bigger than it was. So yes, it's absolutely pointless if no one is willing to look at it from an unbiased view. 

Really? :eek: You must not have seen all the mentions of Demi's tweets in the news that others have seen and heard. It's been on my Yahoo front page everyday, up until today. E had a report on Demi's comments just yesterday. "Lady Gaga" was trending on Yahoo everyday and there were countless articles on Demi's comment. The Talk was discussing Demi's statement, as well as other morning radio shows.

It would be nice if Demi's tweets had stayed out of the media, but that simply isn't what happened. It spread like wildfire across multiple media markets. GGD and LM are NOT the only places that are discussing what Demi said...IF ONLY that were true!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tokyodisko

Really? :eek: You must not have seen all the mentions of Demi's tweets in the news that others have seen and heard. It's been on my Yahoo front page everyday, up until today. E had a report on Demi's comments just yesterday. "Lady Gaga" was trending on Yahoo everyday and there were countless articles on Demi's comment. The Talk was discussing Demi's statement, as well as other morning radio shows.

It would be nice if Demi's tweets had stayed out of the media, but that simply isn't what happened. It spread like wildfire across multiple media markets. GGD and LM are NOT the only places that are discussing what Demi said...IF ONLY that were true!

Interesting. I didn't hear of it, but since it's blown up maybe you should consider that Demi's comments were not uncalled for if others agree and think it is worth discussing. If she didn't say it someone else would have. 

Some of the people in my class earlier hadn't heard of the SXSW performance at all which I was really surprised about. 

Whispering

Interesting. I didn't hear of it, but since it's blown up maybe you should consider that Demi's comments were not uncalled for if others agree and think it is worth discussing. If she didn't say it someone else would have. 

Why would I consider that?  :smh:  The media loves to jump on anything that any artist says about another artist, ESPECIALLY if they can pit two females against each other. Why would I look to media's never-ending need to report these types of occurrences as anything but a desire for hits?

My opinion on Demi's statement isn't going to change because the media decided to make it a hot topic. That doesn't mean that her opinion on the performance was anymore correct or made anymore sense, than when she first sent out the tweets.

Do others agree with Demi? I'm sure they do, but I don't, and the amount of media mentions of her statement isn't going to have a bearing on how I feel about it.

chromadica

The performance was also a very powerful piece on rape and abuse. Having gone through both that and an eating disorder, at first I was slightly triggered and grossed out by the performance, but after watching a second time and connecting all the dots it made me feel something. The "puking" for me, being how rape victims are forced to feel something they don't want to feel, something disgusting. It was honestly extremely brave for Gaga to do and I'm glad she released a lot of anger and negativity through the performance, and I respect her for being so real about rape culture.

tokyodisko

Why would I consider that?  :smh:  The media loves to jump on anything that any artist says about another artist, ESPECIALLY if they can pit two females against each other. Why would I look to media's never-ending need to report these types of occurrences as anything but a desire for hits?

My opinion on Demi's statement isn't going to change because the media decided to make it a hot topic. That doesn't mean that her opinion on the performance was anymore correct or made anymore sense, than when she first sent out the tweets.

Do others agree with Demi? I'm sure they do, but I don't, and the amount of media mentions of her statement isn't going to have a bearing on how I feel about it.

I'm not expecting your opinion to change, but why not let it go either way? 

Both "sides" have been established, no one is changing their mind, so why do we still have topics debating this? 

It's so pointless. I don't agree with Demi, but I don't feel the need to try desperately to shut it down. 

Whispering

I'm not expecting your opinion to change, but why not let it go either way? 

Both "sides" have been established, no one is changing their mind, so why do we still have topics debating this? 

It's so pointless. I don't agree with Demi, but I don't feel the need to try desperately to shut it down. 

Why don't you? I've made exactly ONE comment about Demi's tweets, until I responded to you earlier on this thread today.

I have my opinion on the performance and it disagrees with Demi's. I don't particularly feel the need to discuss it everyday and I haven't. However, if new information comes available, such as this interview with Millie, and I do feel like adding a few thoughts, I will.

You aren't going to shut me down or the discussion down, just because you have decided you are personally done with the topic.

If you are so ready to let it go...then do that! You are welcome to stop at any time.

tokyodisko

Why don't you? I've made exactly ONE comment about Demi's tweets, until I responded to you earlier on this thread today.

I have my opinion on the performance and it disagrees with Demi's. I don't particularly feel the need to discuss it everyday and I haven't. However, if new information comes available, such as this interview with Millie, and I do feel like adding a few thoughts, I will.

You aren't going to shut me down or the discussion down, just because you have decided you are personally done with the topic.

If you are so ready to let it go...then do that! You are welcome to stop at any time.

:toofunga: kbye. lulz

Chromatislaps

Other artists have wanted me to vomit on them but I said no.

:lmao:

inb4 Katy asked her first

anigif_enhanced-13181-1395154895-14.gif

HYPERCRUSH

She reminds me so much of Gaga when she talks about her creativity and ambition. They seem like two peas in a pod.

DrewStevens

Can we just forget those tweets please. The statement was so stupid and ignorant that hurts.

RAMROD

This "art" is sick.

Let's have some fun. Wanna take a ride on disco stick.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

giskardsb

the performance spurred conversation about performance art itself, Millies vomit art, the meaning of the vomit in context of Gaga's performance and Swine, and also about bulimia and eating disorders.  Pretty much a win all around.

Archived