Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

R.I.P. The Born This Way Ball - 1 Year On

Michael

Featured Posts

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aaronyoji

and when you think about all the technical and physical demands this show had, plus her vocals where so much more consistently porwerful, especially in comparison to the monster ball hbo special, where she would just whisper kinda a lot, it was definitely a great step up. sure it didnt have the flashy outfits (as much) or the giant angler fish or whatever, but the castle being a consistent set, and the message surrounding the music gave more of the substance. 

i love love love how she referred to the born this way ball as episode 1 like in star wars, because it totally makes sense. its the prelude to her journey with us, you see the clothes rotater during just dance/fashion of his love with all of her iconic outfits that she will then later wear in her life (so to speak) and the whole alien fugitive on the run, setting up a fortress between her and her fans, acknowledging that she is a creation from us, its like the genesis of her work, which is why ARTPOP, the album to come first after the btwb feels like her true beginning, her first real album, and why its a burst of color in comparison to all her other albums. 

La Primavera

I never went to the BTWB since Gaga didn't come to Croatia and I didn't have enough money to go to Austria for a concert. :(

I remember that i didn't go to the show in Mexico and a friend call me during the whole show. So I lived the Born This Way Ball in my phone. xD

Battle 4 Ur Life

BTW BALL slayed lives, including mine...1 year since it's ended and still we don't have the official footage...

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

codymonster

I never went cause she never comes to Winnipeg (until this year!!! :giveup::legend::whitney: )

I so badly wanted a DVD tho. It was such a production, and I feel a DVD would have given me a much better idea of the tour as a whole. Oh well, YouTube videos are fun too :Lana:

BadHeavyMetalQueen

When Gaga waved at my block at Manchester Arena on 11/09/2012 :giveup:

Best show I've seen of her to date. Got the privilege to watch it at Phoenix. I had the time of my life ^_^ good memories. 

Psychedelic

If you didnt see it live, you didnt really missed much.

I attended and left disappointed, the whole show was a real turn off compared to the magnificent Monster Ball.

I just couldnt feel the choreos, the lack of screens, costumes even her singing, the only ace was the castle (although she could have done more with it, like 3D mappin)...

Still it was sad it was canceled and some of you could not see it

Archived