Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Team Vixen or Team Eureka?

rumours

Featured Posts

Sneaky Oliver

I would be Team Anyone vs Team Eureka tbh it's not that I hate her, I think she's too cartoonish idk if that's the right word but overall she seems fake to me 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
1 minute ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I honestly don't care, I'm just waiting for S11 :poot:

Did you not like Season 10? I preferred it to Season 9 and 8 tbh 🤷‍♂️

T3ARS

#TeamVixen 

This doesn't really encompass all my thoughts on the situation since I haven't thought about it in awhile but here goes nothing.  

First, my issues with The Vixen

Spoiler

The Vixen doesn't know how to take criticism at all. She lashes out and lets her emotions get the better of her. If she used her emotions as a defense instead of an offense she'd be unbreakable. She's smart but her emotions make her say and do some not-so-smart ****. 

Second, my opinion on the situation between her and Eureka (Aquaria really doesn't mean anything anymore since her and The Vixen made up but The Vixen's point still stands): 

Spoiler

This situation was a rollercoaster because we don't know what happened behind the scenes that played into her being so upset with Eureka but I'd have to say both were wrong in the situation. Vixen (as usual) let her emotions get the better of her and lashed out completely. However, if you watch the scene in Untucked again she said she DIDN'T want any negativity. Eureka KEPT bringing it up and trying to make it as if there was some tension in the room even though everyone else was chilllin . She did (in my opinion) purposefully try to get that reaction out of The Vixen for the cameras and then plot on how they could make up and show how she can be friends with anyone. It was disingenuous. 

Third, my issue with Eureka:

Spoiler

She's fake and:interestinga: very annoying. She uses her weight for sympathy and she talks about it constantly in some "I'm a big girl and my life has been a traumatic rollercoaster. Please listen to me will I come up with another "trigger" that will make me unable to do this challenge". Her self-deprecating fat jokes are terrible and her "Elephant Queen" is obnoxious. Like just be great and stop expecting everyone to like you or sympathize with you. 

finally, Why I support The Vixen: 

Spoiler

The Vixen might have a very short fuse and she may pop off. She may come off in ways that people don't like and I wish that she would handle herself in a more tactful manner because it would greatly help her arguments (and her pockets) she isn't dumb and she has strong arguments/viewpoints that need to be discussed and  after 10 seasons she was the only one to bring up the elephant in the room: RACISM while on the season, which certain members in our community like to avoid and shove under the rug because "we're all gay" :spin:. And funny enough the fans proved her point by what they did to Asia. I also think this is a HUGE reason why RuPaul had issues with her because she was the one to talk about the disgusting racism in the drag race "community" and that would have her calling out the core of drag race fans: the whites :classy: And Ms.RuPaul weren't gonna have any of that. 

In short: she had the balls to bring up race and challenge the idea that black queens have to be cookie cutter to be liked and successful. She probably has ruined her reputation with the fans but it was worth it. Maybe it won't have any effect but at least it can be talked about without some fans going "What!? What RAciSM?!" 

Found this to that I really agree with:

Spoiler

I don’t have a Reddit account but I was on twitter and saw all the white gays commenting about how “childish” Vixen is being irked me. As a black woman, I feel that black people, regardless of sexuality, are always made to feel bad about not being friendly with others. We have to include them, make them feel comfortable, and be “friendly”. So many of the white gays kept commenting that Eureka apologized and that she was being mature, but like the Vixen said, her actions are rarely called out. There would be no reactions if Eureka could have just sat there and ate her food. Eureka wants to be like, so she hides behind this demeanor of southern hospitality as an excuse of being too forward. Not everyone wants to be your friend or like you and all of this could have been avoided if she just left the vixen alone. That isn’t too much to ask honestly.

RuPaul is a new black. He’s one of those progressive blacks that made it out, and doesn’t seem to realize that not everyone can/will make it to his level. Rupaul’s drag race isn’t progressive. You have two white gay judges and a white woman judging queens of different backgrounds and yet what is favored is white queens being themselves. They aren’t critiqued to the same degree as black queens who may come from less than origins. White gays love to say that black queens have won, look at Bebe, Tyra, or Bob. But look at what has happened to Tyra? Bebe had to compete in all stars for relevance? And bob isn’t as successful as other queens for her season who lost like The Fame. Drag race and it’s fans, only like their black queens to be funny, sassy sidekicks. Friendly and nurturing and if they digress from that image, it’s a problem. They aren’t allowed the nuances that white queens have, and never see the same success.

Long rant, but high key I was pissed with what drag race has become.

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

rumours
4 minutes ago, Ronk said:

When I read the topic I thought you were talking about one of my favorite bands.  These girls rock ... literally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQOmDUnt8Hs

I haven’t thought about that band in a while. Cryin’ is probably the song I know best from them. 

PsychicGuru

The Vixen:
-Reserved
-Defensive
-Sensitive
-Dramatic

Eureka:
-Cant finish a sentence without her interrupting
-Loud
-Dramatic
-Sweet if she likes you

I'm not fond of either of them, but The Vixen wins. :huntyga:
I know people like both, and the people I know like Eureka have no place in my bubble :vegas:

Gaga's #1 fan

RAMROD

I am team nobody, IDC about their dramas after the shows over :sis:

I rooted for Eureka on S10 tho cos she was good. And it's proven, being a top 3 is great for someone who is returnin Queen :sis:

And I enjoyed her chattiness. Like, the season would be a whole lot more boring without. I kinda dislike all these fake kindness stuffs these past few seasons trying to do. Much more prevalent on S10 because many of these Queens are fans of the show, and putting up fake behavior and trying not to be mean with anybody, especially someone who is obvious would be fan favourite because they know their fans would attack them to no end for it. And they most importantly afraid for the image they are trying to sell would broken because of it. Like, ugh, let yourself go. It's drag, it's supposed to be camp and people supposed to read each other, it's not that serious. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Ronk
9 hours ago, Rumours1977 said:

I haven’t thought about that band in a while. Cryin’ is probably the song I know best from them. 

They are so good!  Did you ever notice their MVs give looks similar to Heart and Bon Jovi?

I live outside the space time continuum.

baptism

DEFINITELY team Vixen. Vixen wears it all on her sleeve and although she is emotional, why would we ever fault someone for that? She is who she is. Meanwhile Eureka is a tryhard and VERY fake and a **** disturber. 

baptism

Also Vixen tells the TRUTH and praise be to God for that because someone has to. Also apart from the stain that is Kameron Michaels who should have been out in 9th or 10th place, I legit think this was the best season of Drag Race ever. 

rumours
4 minutes ago, Ronk said:

They are so good!  Did you ever notice their MVs give looks similar to Heart and Bon Jovi?

Omg, you're so right. Their MVs are very late 80s/early 90s Heart.

rumours
2 minutes ago, baptism said:

lso apart from the stain that is Kameron Michaels who should have been out in 9th or 10th place

I think that's a little harsh. I actually really liked Kameron Michaels. In my opinion, the lip sync between her and Eureka should NOT have been a double shantay. Eureka lost that lip sync imo.

I actually think Kameron deserved to be ~ 5th place... Top 3 was a stretch though.

Ronk
5 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

Omg, you're so right. Their MVs are very late 80s/early 90s Heart.

Without question.  So many strong similarities with Heart and Bon Jovi, such as the back-lit blonde hair, the three blonde hair in a single shot, the Jovi walk with the guitar, and the start of the Edge Of A Broken Heart is straight out of Jovi.  I wonder if the three groups had the same MV director or producer.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived