Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Running out of pop?

PerfectCure

Featured Posts

PerfectCure

In late 2007, when most of the songs were heavily R&B influenced, the pure pop was pretty much forgotten as a genre. However, as we all know, a woman named Lady Gaga (alongside a few other artists) came on the scene one year later and pretty much saved it all, becoming a muse to a lot of generations to come and re-creating pop in a very fun and original way.

As of lately, pop has, once again, faded away as a genre, but this time, I'd say it's being even more overshadowed by some other ones (rap, latin pop, EDM etc.) that were left unexplored until now. There are still some few good pop songs out there, but if we're being honest, nothing compares to, let's say, 2010's level.

Are people finally tired of the good old pop for good? Do we need another batch of pop girls? Is the Gucci Gang singer going to become one of the best known artists in the next decade? Well, if the answer to the last question is yes, then we know something's wrong.

Why is this happening once again, though? Discuss! :awesome:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TeenIdle
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

mess i read the title as poop

Same! Sh!tty minds think alike :ladyhaha:

GypsyBabe
6 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

3 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

Same! Sh!tty minds think alike :ladyhaha:

Oh my god, I did too :sharon:

⚯͛

ArtGagaPop
10 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

Same, vivi has ruined us :poot:

mister max

Pop is just short for popular tho :poot: pop is everything that is 'in' and cool (and a hit) at this moment in time, not just the type of music Gaga made :shrug: Pop goes from Rock to techno to house to EDM to trap to....

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

RIPheygirl

Ah yes another daily thread about pop music being dead :huntyga:

I dont actually mind tho :lolly:

PerfectCure
2 minutes ago, mister max said:

Pop is just short for popular tho :poot: pop is everything that is 'in' and cool (and a hit) at this moment in time

So does this mean that Nicki, Cardi, all those Lils and Drake are pop music artists? Okay then :poot:

DelusionalGaga

Yes, people are over it but it will come back. Music trends always come back like any other trend. It's a cycle. 

As for the Gucci Gang singer, people stopped caring about him after that one song. He's a fad already :vegas:

Reginald

Pop, in one form or other,  seems to come and go about once per decade. It will be back. 

I think it will return with a new sound in the early 2020s 

mister max
4 minutes ago, PerfectCure said:

So does this mean that Nicki, Cardi, all those Lils and Drake are pop music artists? Okay then :poot:

They are popular music artist no?

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

PerfectCure
Just now, mister max said:

They are popular music artist no?

Well, I'm not an expert, but I think there's a difference between popular trendy songs and pop as a genre. :shrug:

TheSlash

It won't last long, 'cause SlayGa is gonna making everyone bald again very soon™ :firega: 

FAtas.gif

Ew, David!

Archived