Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga has the ability to revive American Horror Story

Bradley

Featured Posts

Seeka

American Horror Story is failing because it is Ryan's Murphy's oldest project, and has been the one most likely to suffer from bad writing.

Ryan doesn't know when to say goodbye to something, that's the main problem. I honestly think he's doing AHS for money at this point.

Scream Queens kind of had to be let go. It's sad but true. It was a great first season, but camp doesn't age well when you prolong it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
1 minute ago, Seeka said:

American Horror Story is failing because it is Ryan's Murphy's oldest project, and has been the one most likely to suffer from bad writing.

Ryan doesn't know when to say goodbye to something, that's the main problem. I honestly think he's doing AHS for money at this point.

Scream Queens kind of had to be let go. It's sad but true. It was a great first season, but camp doesn't age well when you prolong it.

AHS is way better than Scream Queens. That's why it gets to stay. Also apparently it's one of the shows with the highest rating on FX. That's also another reason it's here to stay.

Seeka
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

AHS is way better than Scream Queens. That's why it gets to stay. Also apparently it's one of the shows with the highest rating on FX. That's also another reason it's here to stay.

They're not really the same genre, so comparing them completely in their quality isn't going to matter.

Also good ratings doesn't mean a show is good or shouldn't be out out to pasture. Supernatural has dragged on for 13 (15?) seasons. Bones has 12 seasons. Both great shows but should have ended a while ago.

I believe in letting a good thing go before it let goes of you. AHS is gonna let go of Ryan pretty soon it feels like.

freebit
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

It's ironic that Gaga is progressing faster than Sarah as an actress. I mean Gaga is already starring alongside Academy Award nominee Bradley Cooper in a movie that is getting Oscar buzz whereas Sarah is playing a supporting character in Ocean's 8. And we all know Sarah is far more experienced than Gaga in the acting industry.

I guess fame does get you somewhere after all.

I think part of the reason is that Sarah came up in TV before Peak TV and had no star-making roles prior to AHS & the Ryan Murphy oeuvre. But, yeah, it's true that different factors helped work in Gaga's favor with landing a big studio project after only one season of AHS (younger, a large amount of fame, a pop career etc.) It kind of reminds me of this random comment I read once on either Deadline or Just Jared that said Gaga had a bigger chance of ever starring in a Martin Scorsese vehicle than Taylor K due to her status as a celebrity (it was over a headline that said Gaga would love to see Taylor in a Martin Scorsese movie with Leo...:deadbanana:). Anyway, I'm thrilled that Sarah's time is finally now, she really deserves it (not so sure she should waste her momentum on a Nurse Ratched series on Netflix :ohno:, but I understand she's loyal to Ryan). 

nodandsmile
36 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Apparently they appear during the whole moon phase (one week I think), and they kill during the full blood moon 

Oh okay, I understand now. Thank you!

Bio

Gurl, Hotel was a terrible season, Roanoke and Cult pissed all over that. AHS doesn’t need to be revived. They’re on their 9th season and Ryan’s got newer and shinier stuff, of course that’s gonna get all the attention.

Enigma
5 hours ago, Silvestro Devacelli said:

i need taissa farmiga back ! 

She’s the stalest thing in the entirety universe and both her characters sucked (well tbh she played the same one twice). I truely don’t get the hype

Mr S

Hopefully not. I rather her stick to music and movies.

6 hours ago, Bradley said:

and the critics adore her.

They do?

The Child
6 hours ago, monketsharona said:

No at least nine seasons

It could go on after this

I think season 9 will be the MH & Coven crossover and then we’ll  have season 10 as the last one.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

The Child
4 hours ago, freebit said:

I'm not sure she'd be able to revive it 100% with just her name alone - show is old & that would be an uphill battle, but I do think she'd add more interest than it currently has. People both love to hate her and love to love her. Give her a leading man that's new to the series (doesn't even have to be the biggest name, just known from other projects), and another controversial fave like Emma Roberts in a supporting role (preferably w/ her and Gaga as sisters) & people would definitely care more than last season IMO. AHS Reddit would be lit. :lolly: I LOVE Evan & Sarah, but them as leads is becoming overused and expected (Sarah especially deserves movie roles & new shows at this point).

Omg this is such a great idea, Gaga as lead actress and Emma Roberts as supporting actress. I’m shook.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Damon

the seasons with Gaga are my least favorite though, the show needs new writing and Jessica back

... and now i just sit in silence.

Silvestro Devacelli
2 hours ago, Enigma said:

She’s the stalest thing in the entirety universe and both her characters sucked (well tbh she played the same one twice). I truely don’t get the hype

i actually had a crush on her back then when i thought i was straight:ladyhaha: gothic,suicidal white girl,who looks like she’s about to die,is there anything better then this ???!!11!1!1 so i think it explains my hype bout her UGH MY MIND  :sis:

PedrinniSan

She just replaced Jessica Lange on Season 5. Hotel and Freak show are by far the worst and most boring seasons. Now the real star of the show is Sarah Paulson, but I need Jessica back. 

androiduser

not really sure she can, her season had much lower ratings than the previous ones

Enigma
5 hours ago, Silvestro Devacelli said:

i actually had a crush on her back then when i thought i was straight:ladyhaha: gothic,suicidal white girl,who looks like she’s about to die,is there anything better then this ???!!11!1!1 so i think it explains my hype bout her UGH MY MIND  :sis:

that's exactly why I hate her presence on the show :rip: 

everyone has their taste I guess :deadbanana: 

Archived