A Star Is Born
opinion

Would you like Gaga to star in a big blockbuster then?

Featured Posts

monketsharona   Paws Up 19,606
monketsharona

ASIB seems to be like a movie aiming big critical reception and setting the roots for her to be a big name as an actress too.

I mean if she is acclaimed for ASIB, you can be sure she'll be eyed by big studios / franchises to star.

Would you like her to go a step further and starring in a Marvel, Star Wars, Jurassic movie in the next few years ?

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

Judas Society   Paws Up 747
Judas Society

Hmmm....I think if she goes that route, she shouldn't be a background character like X-Men does to some of their characters. But I rather she go the route of drama tbh. She's more of a drama actress than an action one.

• Like 9

Bradley   Paws Up 22,515
Bradley

Huge blockbusters such as Star Wars, Avengers rarely showcase the actors' acting talent and they rarely get nominated for Academy awards in the major categories. I prefer Gaga starring in dramas instead which can showcase her acting abilities along with her chemistry with other co-stars. At least it's far more interesting to me that way, which is why A Star Is Born is perfect for me, not to mention the music that accompanies the film.

If she stars in the DC Extended Universe however though, I will not complain. I love DC superheroes and it'd be dope for her to star in one, maybe as a female villain.

• Like 6

dit   Paws Up 12,633
dit

I'd like for her to do a mix of small budget indie films, medium budget (like ASIB) and big budget films as well. A lot of huge actors still do small films to prove their acting chops every now and then and I'd be here for Gaga to do that too eventually. 

Edited by dit
  • Like 3

voidfigure   Paws Up 12
voidfigure

Absolutely no, those kind of movies (especially the Marvel ones) are the death of cinematic art so it wouldn't be a step forward in her carreer. I hope she continues starring in quality movies tbh

Edited by voidfigure
  • Like 6

monketsharona   Paws Up 19,606
monketsharona
15 minutes ago, voidfigure said:

Absolutely no, those kind of movies (especially the Marvel ones) are the death of cinematic art so it wouldn't be a step forward in her carreer. I hope she continues starring in quality movies tbh

All the big and talented actors are doing those movies though : Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Samuel L Jackson, Gwyneth Paltrow, Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman, Idris Elba, Jeff Goldblum, Cate Blanchett, Laurence Fishburne and so on (just to quote them)

Most of them know how to make big movies and indie movies at the same time

Edited by monketsharona
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Pacify Him   Paws Up 6,806
Pacify Him

ASIB IS a blockbuster :applause: 

• LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
I’m getting on your nerves

MaryJaneHolland   Paws Up 52,569
MaryJaneHolland

I want her to play a Disney villain :giveup:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
You don't understand, this is an Alaïa!

Jus   Paws Up 2,334
Jus

Honestly, I wouldn't mind to. Seeing Gaga on screen :flutter:

Spoiler

Stan Lee, please pursue that Heroin character you want Lady Gaga to star :huntyga:

my momma sold me when i was youung...

Green Detox   Paws Up 2,770
Green Detox

I could definitely see her doing action movies cuz..

:staymad:

• Like 3

Bloodyjack   Paws Up 481
Bloodyjack

No just no:sharon:. I don't want her to be like Madge and win loads of razzies still at least that would even the score lol:toofunny:

• Like 1

Luxe Ford   Paws Up 2,741
Luxe Ford

Superhero movies or like method acting/the Stanislavski system?

I don't think she's interested in the former. In it for the art, not the bling?

I don't try to be someone I'm not. I am someone I try not to be.

ryanripley   Paws Up 70,200
ryanripley

YES i'd love it but only if she dies cus being part of a franchise is a really long commitment and i want music more than movies lol

• LMAO 1
https://goo.gl/wFxoYL

ryanripley   Paws Up 70,200
ryanripley
4 hours ago, voidfigure said:

no they're not, chill

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
https://goo.gl/wFxoYL

ARTPOP GAGA   Paws Up 521
ARTPOP GAGA

No. I want her to keep reinventing herself and have a long and successful music career like Madonna. Occasional small movie roles are ok !

• Like 1