Jump to content
throwback

Yüyi performing Yoü and I at Sydney Monster Hall

Featured Posts

Original Diva   Paws Up 2,277
Original Diva

This performance means so much to me. I watched this show on tv (it was on channel 99 GO!) and You and I was my fav performance of the night because i was obsessed with the idea of the mermaid in the wheelchair.. I have the promo poster for this show in my bedroom, too. I have the full tv broadcast on my computer but the quality isn't great. Does anyone have the full show in a better quality?

excuse me no

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
BLACKOUTbritney   Paws Up 18,901
BLACKOUTbritney

Such an amazing performance that seemed to only be talked about for the wrong reasons :giveup: F U Bette Midler!! 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheShameMonster   Paws Up 12,942
TheShameMonster

I remember back during the day around the time she performed this, there was an article that said that her Australian audience was so offended by this performance (for its ableist agenda) that they threw eggs at her? :gum: Was this true? :selena:

karma's not a liar, she keep receipts

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bradley   Paws Up 21,294
Bradley

I'll never understand why they didn't upload it to her official YouTube page. (formerly VEVO)

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blake   Paws Up 5,704
Blake
1 hour ago, TheShameMonster said:

I remember back during the day around the time she performed this, there was an article that said that her Australian audience was so offended by this performance (for its ableist agenda) that they threw eggs at her? :gum: Was this true? :selena:

No. :toofunny:

 

  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gohan   Paws Up 11,371
Gohan

Such a prophetic performance, when will Nostradamus?

  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Infinity Wave   Paws Up 2,140
Infinity Wave
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

I'll never understand why they didn't upload it to her official YouTube page. (formerly VEVO)

There was a LOT of backlash for this particular performance. 

Firstly, critics said she copied a Bette Midler performance where she sang (or acted, I don't recall now) on a wheelchair and maybe she even had her legs kept togheter - anyway you find her performance on yt.

Secondly, lots of people felt offended because she performed on a wheelchair, and that was to blame because lots of people, sadly, have to spend their life on one of those.

  • Shook 1
Colorful

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Free My Mind   Paws Up 1,382
Free My Mind
14 minutes ago, Infinity Wave said:

There was a LOT of backlash for this particular performance. 

Firstly, critics said she copied a Bette Midler performance where she sang (or acted, I don't recall now) on a wheelchair and maybe she even had her legs kept togheter - anyway you find her performance on yt.

Secondly, lots of people felt offended because she performed on a wheelchair, and that was to blame because lots of people, sadly, have to spend their life on one of those.

unfortunately the comparison was a bit closer than that

425.wheelchairs.lc.071811.jpg?fit=inside

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
01Jaime   Paws Up 3,917
01Jaime
15 hours ago, Bradley said:

I'll never understand why they didn't upload it to her official YouTube page. (formerly VEVO)

I think it was for a brief time until the bette midler controversy happened. I hadnt seen this in nearly 5 years.

  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KING   Paws Up 5,617
KING

I remember seeing the pics to performance :wub: this outfit reminds me of how Gaga wanted the original TEOG mv. 

2 Samuel 22:33 🌹

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Antonoff   Paws Up 4,436
Antonoff

gosh, i miss this good old ambitious teathrical gaga

... and now i just sit in silence.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
01Jaime   Paws Up 3,917
01Jaime
57 minutes ago, Antonoff said:

gosh, i miss this good old ambitious teathrical gaga

Same

  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×