💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Polarized about Kesha

Oyster

Featured Posts

Oyster

I'm so divided about my opinion of Kesha as an artist in the industry. Overall, I appreciate her a lot and I enjoy her music a lot and think she will leave a legacy. 

Let me start off by saying that Rainbow is an absolutely phenomenal album and Praying is my favorite song of 2017. I think Kesha's expression of her trauma this era has been so beautiful and that girl has a great talent for composition. Even back when she was Ke$ha, her songs were true bops. I think she is a wonderful soul, a great composer, and has a unique image.

Now, my issues are with her inabilities to perform. Maybe some of you won't agree with this, but I think she has very poor vocal capability. I don't think I have seen any of her live performances live up to her studio versions and that makes me upset. She literally cannot control her voice and has a pretty bad range when it comes to performing live. Why record Praying so beautifully and then avoid literally every single note when performing it live? Why not be honest with your vocal abilities and not completely edit the studio version to sound like it is coming from a good singer? 

Here's the thing, I truly appreciate Kesha in her new maturity and I think she is a very good role model and an inspiration. But Kesha became famous for being Ke$ha. It honestly makes me mad that someone who can't really sing and can't really dance became so famous when there are so many incredible performers out there. I know the pop industry isn't really known for popularizing the biggest talents but there are some special flowers like Gaga, Beyonce, Adele, Sia, Jessie James, and many more. Maybe this plays into the bigger question of how crap performers become famous...

I just wanna say that I'm a huge Kesha fan and always have been. I love her a lot and would pay to see her live (for the music and spirit, not for her performing abilities). It just makes me really mad when I hear Praying and her other songs live. She lowers the key and still avoids so many notes and wobbles and cracks and its just... ugh one of the worst voices in my opinion!! And if she is a good composer, which she is, why didn't she just stick to songwriting? How is she up on that stage?

Idk lmk what you guys think

River

I think since Tik Tok everyone understood that her vocal abilities are not that high.. but for some reason this is her signature..

I personally like it, it's putting her in "one of us" position and not in the elite position.. like idk, we are all a karaoke singers that sings for the fun..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

DaftFameMonster

Idk I've found some songs actually favor her vocals more in live performances, such as this one. 

Oyster
6 minutes ago, DaftFameMonster said:

Idk I've found some songs actually favor her vocals more in live performances, such as this one. 

I find this to be pretty average for a such a famous singer. Definitely better than other her other live performances tho!

DaftFameMonster
1 minute ago, Oyster said:

I find this to be pretty average for a such a famous singer. Definitely better than other her other live performances tho!

My personal opinion is that she's more of a performance artist through her visuals and songwriting skills. Not necessarily a vocalist but I feel like she's had a positive impact on the industry so I wouldn't say its necessarily a bad thing that she's not well rounded. She is quite diverse with her genres too. 

TimisaMonster

1) I agree about her poor vocal ability in live singing as MANY other singers can't really carry their songs live and it's very sad the standards of what defines a "professional singer with a recording contract" these days...

2) Talent doesn't mean you'll be famous...you become famous for doing WHATEVER gets people's attention and maintaining it long enough to establish yourself 

Sometimes true talent is rewarded...MOST of the time its not...reality tv, social media, and shocking controversy is a cause for our society to becoke obsessed with "what do i have to do to get my 15 minites of fame and be on Ellen tomorrow"

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

VenusAsABoy
3 hours ago, Oyster said:

I'm so divided about my opinion of Kesha as an artist in the industry. Overall, I appreciate her a lot and I enjoy her music a lot and think she will leave a legacy. 

Let me start off by saying that Rainbow is an absolutely phenomenal album and Praying is my favorite song of 2017. I think Kesha's expression of her trauma this era has been so beautiful and that girl has a great talent for composition. Even back when she was Ke$ha, her songs were true bops. I think she is a wonderful soul, a great composer, and has a unique image.

Now, my issues are with her inabilities to perform. Maybe some of you won't agree with this, but I think she has very poor vocal capability. I don't think I have seen any of her live performances live up to her studio versions and that makes me upset. She literally cannot control her voice and has a pretty bad range when it comes to performing live. Why record Praying so beautifully and then avoid literally every single note when performing it live? Why not be honest with your vocal abilities and not completely edit the studio version to sound like it is coming from a good singer? 

Here's the thing, I truly appreciate Kesha in her new maturity and I think she is a very good role model and an inspiration. But Kesha became famous for being Ke$ha. It honestly makes me mad that someone who can't really sing and can't really dance became so famous when there are so many incredible performers out there. I know the pop industry isn't really known for popularizing the biggest talents but there are some special flowers like Gaga, Beyonce, Adele, Sia, Jessie James, and many more. Maybe this plays into the bigger question of how crap performers become famous...

I just wanna say that I'm a huge Kesha fan and always have been. I love her a lot and would pay to see her live (for the music and spirit, not for her performing abilities). It just makes me really mad when I hear Praying and her other songs live. She lowers the key and still avoids so many notes and wobbles and cracks and its just... ugh one of the worst voices in my opinion!! And if she is a good composer, which she is, why didn't she just stick to songwriting? How is she up on that stage?

Idk lmk what you guys think

HAha that’s simple. What’s the definition of singing well? Someone can say powerful performance, some one can say uniquness.

it’s really depends on people. These days peope can sing well without talent with vocal trainers and autotunes blah blah. So the uniquness is really important Lately.

first of all, kesha wrote tik tok with dr luke not like other pop girls just get the tracks from producers, record it and pretend it’s their song.

secondly, her voice is unique and she had certain character like drunk dirty glitter party girl. You know pop world is not all about singing but visuals/characters.

so I think kesha’s success came from these kinda things

Sneaky Oliver

She can sing so beautifully. I think she has this rock and roll messy attitude and jumping around at her tours that makes it hard to control her breath 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Modern Ecstacy

I think the best way to approach something like this is to accept the artist just the way they are.

It is so difficult to find an artists who encompasses all the factors of being an artist: Ability to sing, write songs, produce music, dance, play instruments, stage presence etc.

It's just not realistic. 

Kesha definitely 100% deserves your respect as an artists because she is a great song writer. 

MonsterOfSpain

I do agree with most of the OP, I love many of her songs and I like her as an artist but most of the live performances I've seen were tragic. She's not the only one though, there are many many popular singers that aren't good live yet they make great music. So I don't know what's the matter, if you don't like her live just enjoy her studio discography. :shrug:

3 minutes ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

I think the best way to approach something like this is to accept the artist just the way they are.

It is so difficult to find an artists who encompasses all the factors of being an artist: Ability to sing, write songs, produce music, dance, play instruments, stage presence etc.

It's just not realistic. 

Kesha definitely 100% deserves your respect as an artists because she is a great song writer. 

Thank God for Gaga :pray:

TeenIdle

Honestly great songwriters with average vocal skills still deserve more recognition that those who pick finished songs and don't even perform them live or if they do they put little to no energy:excuseu: BTW this isn't shade towards Britney. I love ha. She puts a lot of energy.. in dancing :poot:

Oyster
7 hours ago, Emigrante said:

Jessie James :laughga:

She may not be an icon but her voice is incredible. Those examples were people with insane talent 

Archived