Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lorde Is Overrated

sipthistea

Featured Posts

Wixson

Is there nothing better for you to do? I mean, other than trying your best to be noticed on a pop forum all day every day. 

Maybe you should've inluded a shady gif, you'd get a few 'LMAO' reputation points for it, at least. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sipthistea
10 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i refuse to accept this opinion from someone who says Witness is the album of the year

But Witness is more interesting than Melodrama.

Katy explored themes like power, sexual liberation, independence, political issues, love, self esteem, among others. The only thing Lorde sings about is drugs, love and traffic jams. 

sipthistea
2 minutes ago, Wixson said:

Is there nothing better for you to do? I mean, other than trying your best to be noticed on a pop forum all day every day. 

No, I don't :classy:

Deal with it. 

holy scheisse

No they don't :triggered: she is underrated. All her singles are paid dust by the GP. She's had 2 hits and greenlight as a moderate hit. I call that underrated when she has so many good songs. Also lots of people copped lordes sound low key. Just saying. Cough cough Troye syvan (who I also love ) 

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

Katy explored themes like power, sexual liberation, independence, political issues, love, self esteem, among others. The only thing Lorde sings about is drugs, love and traffic jams. 

girl bye

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

16 minutes ago, ZeldaJ said:

This trend of saying something you dont like being overrated :madge: .... is overrated & a lame attempt at getting attention :bye:

Um what the hell is that display pic????

The Louvre

Lorde is underrated. There is a reason David Bowie called here the future of music. She's a poet and her lyricism really is miles above her peers.

I also really appreciate her evolution from Pure Heroine to Melodrama, from a teen angsty album to a concept album. You can really tell that her songwriting has improved as well (Hard Feelings, Liability). Nevertheless, like @holy scheisse said, her singles after Royals are undeservingly payed dust: Green Light and Homemade Dynamite deserved better.

So no she is definitely NOT overrated and that's the tea. :bye:

It's said the map of the world is on you. The moon gravitates around you. The seasons escape you.

How do people rate her exactly? I mean she hasn't been over rewarded with Grammys, she isn't blowing up the charts, etc. She released two amazing albums had received sufficient praise for it. Plus "Ribs" and "The Louvre" are the like the best things ever.

I was also shocked that "Green Light" flopped. That was similar to the kind of song I would have liked Gaga come back with.

Enigma
19 minutes ago, OBEY said:

i thought this was an Enigma thread before clicking

:triggered:

Stephen
21 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

Katy explored themes like power, sexual liberation, independence, political issues, love, self esteem, among others. 

LMFAOOOOOO

23 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

oh gurl...:laughga:

youandi

Well I think I'm kind of the opposite of what you're saying. I thought she was overrated with Pure Heorine and I didn't like her attitude at the time. Now I think she's grown up loads, Melodrama is an incredibly well made album, full of genuine feeling emotion and I think she's one of the most interesting POP singers out there at the minute

PLUS her current US tour looks absolutely incredible, so sad she can't do shows like that where I live 

Archived