Featured Posts

Hyperballad
On 3/5/2018 at 11:00 AM, The Bling said:

#12: ANIMAL CITY [7.237]

QTxWWj0.png

11s: none

Highest: 10 @AndyGa

Lowest: 5 @Aleks

I’m quite sad that y’all dislike this song this much. I see why though, but… it’s a bop and deserves way better. Overall, not memorable, but not hated either.

9 This song’s really interesting. She sings to her lover, and she’s warning him about the dangers of being famous. It’s an animal city, a cannibal world. If you stand out, they’ll try to get things out of you. She was pissed in this song, and it shows. Who do they think they are? She’s still a person no matter what, it’s not like she transcended into something higher worthy of praise. This one’s aimed at all those losers that try to take advantage of you. The instrumental is FIRE too!

@dit: 6.5 I love the arabian style chanting in the beginning and the spanish / andalusian guitar in the beginning. I also like the rest of the song.  This too gives me nostalgia vibe but in a different way. It reminds me of music that would be in cartoons when I was young or something. I like the lyrics lol it has so much sarcasm and humor which is a key in Shakira's early english songs!

@Flippy: 6 meh. My least favorite track. To me it’s forgettable

NO NO NO NO NO 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Bling
6 minutes ago, Texas Joanne said:

NO NO NO NO NO 

OMG FINALLY SOME ANIMAL CITY LOVE :cryga:

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

Hyperballad
On 3/5/2018 at 3:17 PM, The Bling said:

06. HOW DO YOU DO? [8.187]

028pku4.png

11s: none

Highest: 10 @TheShameMonster, @Kandy life, @Chiunzhan

Lowest: 6 @Garzilazo

I’m quite fine with its position to be honest. Would have loved to see it snatch that Top 5, but… it’s OK.

9 This song is the perfect intro to the album. The choir fits perfectly in the song; which you wouldn’t believe with any other artist. The lyrics are what really sell the song to me, it’s a revamped version of Octavo Día. It’s cute too how in these songs she never directly questions the existence of God, she just makes questions to Him as to how he really feels and what it’s like to be him. Unlike Octavo Día, she doesn’t directly address God here, which makes it sound even more poetic actually.

@dit: 8.5 I LOVE the religious Greek-style church chanting. I also love the philosophical/ hypothetical questions she asks in this song. I also love how it sounds like 90's early 2000's pop rock type of stuff. That type of music is usually done by white artists and so hearing a latin accent in contrast to that type of music is always pleasant and I feel like for ppl who do not know that Shakira's roots were in rock would be most surprised by this!

@Salvador Sequea: 8 HDYD is a powerful song, underrated too.

@Flippy: 8 Cute album opener

@EvilRegal: 7 The 'choir'/'chanting' part literally saves this song for me.

@AndyGa: 7 loved it but would be better without the choir

WHAT THE F**K 

Hyperballad

im sorry i didnt submit :selena: 

next Shakira one we do i swear on my life i will submit :selena::selena:

The Bling
7 minutes ago, Texas Joanne said:

im sorry i didnt submit :selena: 

next Shakira one we do i swear on my life i will submit :selena::selena:

You could've saved Animal City from dead last :deadbanana: But don't worry it's OK :kara:

Next one will start by Monday so stay perchedT you'll be more than welcome :hug:

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

Hyperballad
5 hours ago, The Bling said:

You could've saved Animal City from dead last :deadbanana: But don't worry it's OK :kara:

Next one will start by Monday so stay perchedT you'll be more than welcome :hug:

ok wig! :firega:

Archived