đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Do You Want From Rihanna's Next Album?

DiscoHeaven23

R9  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What direction do you want Rihanna's next album to take? Select all that you want

• Something similar to ANIT (urban/R&B-esque)
    • Go back to Dance-pop
    • Experiment with something new
    • Have some generic radio friendly hits, but keep the album as a whole more focused on critical acclaim
    • A Gaga feature
    • Feature at least one vintage music legend (i.e. Madonna, Toni Braxton, Diana Ross, Lionel Richie)
    • Zero features
    • A long album. 16 + tracks
    • A short album (9 to 11 songs)
    • Wait for R9 & release a greatest hits album first

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

The songs that have been registered by Rihanna since ANTI have featured co-writers from a spectrum of genres

Three songs have writers that typically do hip-hop/R&B songs

-"Joyride"

-"Body Language"

-"Lock and Key"

One song has Buju Banton as a co-writer and he does dancehall-reggae songs

-"Phatty"

And one song is co-written by guys that typically do pop songs

"Only One Who Knows" 

So the direction of the album seems up in the air

rihanna-launch-of-fenty-beauty-in-madrid

TheWitness

Not as R&B as anti Put not completely dance pop

Somewhere in the middle

Host Of Lyricasism

tomdsgn

I want the album that was promised by songs like Higher and Love On The Brain.

I wanted ANTI to be timeless, classic artistic statement, and don’t get me wrong I like ANTI, there’s a lot to love. 

I feel like there was a moment where she pivoted, Travis Scott got in her head about the album not being commercial enough and ****ed it, and we ended up with throwaway urban bops. There’s a huge void in the middle of the album where the quality declines (Desperado, Needed Me, Yeah I Said It, Woo) - then it picks back up at the end. 

The bonus tracks were trash also. 

Matangi

rihanna has a really unique opportunity and capability that not many popstars do, she can easily bridge pop music with hip hop and r&b and broader world music, as vague as that sounds. She has done this really successfully already, while also being able to make strong POP songs and ballads. I honestly wanna see her experiment, make more hip hop and dance music, and also push her voice in a more classic way like she did on ANTI

AndyDWUW

I hope she does the superbowl next year, releasing her album right beforehand

tomdsgn
5 minutes ago, Matangi said:

rihanna has a really unique opportunity and capability that not many popstars do, she can easily bridge pop music with hip hop and r&b and broader world music, as vague as that sounds. She has done this really successfully already, while also being able to make strong POP songs and ballads. I honestly wanna see her experiment, make more hip hop and dance music, and also push her voice in a more classic way like she did on ANTI

The vocals on Higher slay my soul  :cryga:

ordinarynam1310
15 minutes ago, tomdsgn said:

I want the album that was promised by songs like Higher and Love On The Brain.

I wanted ANTI to be timeless, classic artistic statement, and don’t get me wrong I like ANTI, there’s a lot to love. 

I feel like there was a moment where she pivoted, Travis Scott got in her head about the album not being commercial enough and ****ed it, and we ended up with throwaway urban bops. There’s a huge void in the middle of the album where the quality declines (Desperado, Needed Me, Yeah I Said It, Woo) - then it picks back up at the end. 

The bonus tracks were trash also. 

THIS!!!

But still, ANTI is Rih's best work to date for me

Anderson123

I absolutely fell in love with Rihanna's music with Anti. I had been a casual listener before that and I did listen to her albums in full, loved Phresh Out The Runway, Diamonds, Jump, Pour It Up, We Found Love, etc. so many others but it wasn't until she announced Anti that I felt like I was getting hyped about her new music.

Needed Me, Love On The Brain, Higher and Desperado are a step in the right direction and I'd love to hear more of that or maybe an experimental sound, her voice can suit pretty much everything.

Smother Em Eh

Urban, she’s the best when she does Urban. I even like her Urban sound more then her pop sound. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Inferno

Im sure she'll move forward in the same vein as ANTi but evolving. Which is what I want personally although i'd also like to see a throwback to Loud-era dance/pop for a track. Only just for the f*ck of it because no one else in her position is doing that at this point (and honestly TIWYCF does not count).

Archived