💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

EW:Filthy "is a mess and one of his worst"

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

Hopes of that new Timberlake died — for the time being, at least — early Friday, when the 36-year-old released “Filthy,” a stuttering mess of electronic and funk that, down to its knock-off Apple keynote music video, is almost comically removed from the Southern countryside. But the problem isn’t so much that Timberlake faked out fans by recruiting longtime producers Timbaland and Danja in what could read as a search for more dancefloor gold. It’s that the song, which follows 2016’s narcotic No. 1 smash “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” is among the worst he’s ever released.

Timberlake’s attempt to Frankenstein his brand of pop with contemporary electronic sounds might cause whiplash as “Filthy” vacillates between laptop-generated squelches and a more organic groove. He cruises from chorus to verse there’s not really anything differentiating the two — tossing off vapid lyrics (“Look, put your filthy hands all over me/And no, this ain’t the clean version”) over a meandering, structureless instrumental. When an over-the-top stadium-rock bridge arrives, things only deteriorate. It’s like a meme: “Listens to Prince once."

http://ew.com/music/2018/01/05/justin-timberlake-filthy-single-ew-review/

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Timberlake’s attempt to Frankenstein his brand of pop with contemporary electronic sounds

:trollga: frankenstein’d ConfirmedT

PsychicGuru

FINALLY. Is everyone at The Guardian completely f*cking tone deaf? At least Perfect Illusion at its release got her vocals and solid instrumental acknowledged. Filthy is a meandering poorly mixed mess. :trollga:

Gaga's #1 fan

elijahfan

Well, I'm not gonna lie, I'm more than skeptical about that song... Kinda thought it would grow on me and that I needed time to understand its "brilliance", but I'm not so sure anymore :laughga: Not to mention his marketing strategy doesn't make the slightest sense. I'm gonna wait for the album in order to see the whole picture and finally arrest a judgement, but so far it's totally disconcerting for me.

LordEnigma
37 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Well, I'm not gonna lie, I'm more than skeptical about that song... Kinda thought it would grow on me and that I needed time to understand its "brilliance", but I'm not so sure anymore :laughga: Not to mention his marketing strategy doesn't make the slightest sense. I'm gonna wait for the album in order to see the whole picture and finally arrest a judgement, but so far it's totally disconcerting for me.

It’s literally been one day :ladyhaha:

A song with loud instruments and not being liked by quite some fans, just like PI when it was first released. Maybe it will be a grower and his next single will be performed million times and at the SB.

Archived