💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

If Do What U Want had featured Christina Aguilera from the start...

sexy

Featured Posts

Imagine a world where Do What U Want is Do What U Want (feat. Christina Aguilera) from the very beginning and R. Kelly is never a thing... where does it chart (keeping in mind it peaked at #13 with R. Kelly) and how does that change the trajectory of the entire ARTPOP era?

I've felt that Do What U Want is Gaga's biggest missed hit. This would have smashed had it been properly released imo. Looking at its competition at the time, I definitely think (retrospectively, of course) Do What U Want was better equipped to take on Roar/Royals/Wrecking Ball/etc. than was Applause (and Applause still did remarkably well given its disastrous release) and I think Christina Aguilera would have substantially benefited it (instead of hindering it like R. Kelly's involvement did). I feel like Gaga would have gone ina a very different direction for the video if Aguilera was involved and thus we would not have had that video debacle. I really feel like Do What U Want (feat. Xtina) could have righted the ARTPOP ship and been a Top 3 hit (potentially #1 tbh).

GAGASLAYME

sometimes I hate thibking about how ARTPOP could have been so much better bc it legit makes me sad how things turned out

but I beleive ARTPOP had to happen  for reason ,it was a test that many succesful artists must overcome,it's a make or break in their career. some take it with grace and some don't. Gaga definetly took it in stride till the very last show.

add me@SC:pandas-rule37 IG@dallus_joshua.art

rumours

:selena:

13-(# of letters in OREO)= 9

Therefore, it would have peaked at #9. :poot:

Top 10 hit left for dust due to R. Kelly

The Christina version is bad. She doesn’t sing her lines well and she’s off time. She keeps starting to sing these notes that give the perfect illusion that she’ll break out into a big one but instead she just continuously teases us.

RAMROD

It won’t go anywhere. XTine is already struggling to sell her own albums. Her star power are not as it used to be. It is a nice song but the original is better.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

derpmonster

I don't know if Christina would've saved it (not a fan) but someone else would definitely have. Even solo. This had the potential to be a HUGE radio hit. Such a strong beat and nice music.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Chris Evans

I know fans like blaming R Kelly for it not being a huge hit but his version is the superior one and that is TEA. He makes the already great song even better. People don't realize losing her manager at such a pivotal time in her album cycle cause everything to crumble so it doesn't matter which version or other single was released it just wasn't going to make it big even if it's one of her best and most radio friendly songs ever.

Also streaming took a big hit on her chart positions in 2013 and it's even worse now. Kind of sucks that she needs the Superbowl to make one of the best selling songs of the year go Top 5 for a week.

6 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

It won’t go anywhere. XTine is already struggling to sell her own albums. Her star power are not as it used to be. It is a nice song but the original is better.

True, but she has done remarkably well in the songs she's been featured on in the last decade:

Moves Like Jagger (feat. Christina Aguilera) - #1

Say Something (feat. Christina Aguilera) - #4

Feel This Moment (feat. Christina Aguilera) - #8

Out of the five singles she has been featured on in the last ten years, three were Top 10 hits, one was a Spanish-language track (which still hit #1 in Mexico), and one was Do What U Want... so it's hard for me to imagine that had it NOT been a last second, clumsily thrown together collaboration and a properly released single, that Aguilera's presence wouldn't have been a positive force given the success of her features this decade.

VictoriaWinters

I know there was a million other reasons things got messy, but I feel partially like Gaga found out about all R. Kelly has done halfway into the DWUW era - he stopped appearing for performances, she put Christina on the song all of a sudden, even Rick Ross version - and then the video came to a halt.

I've never been too upset about not getting the DWUW video because I despise R Kelly and it could've really hurt Gaga - but just imagine the iconic holiness of a way better video with Christina in it.

Xoxo, Victoria

Well she recorded it with Kelly long before. If she took longer to plan out her album then I’d go for Xtina version.

Honestly though, Venus should’ve stayed the second single and by the time DWUW was the third, she probably would’ve prepared better for it. The DWUW era was a mess because Gaga wasn’t anticipating it being the second single, and then more RKelly drama came out. Had they waited, they probably could’ve sent a different version to radio as the third single.

BYE

FRANK1991

not taking in any consideration of R. Kelly's reputation

the original version is the best

Xtina and solo versions all great too  

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

VOLANTIS

I'm not really a fan of xtina's version. Its cute live but on the studio track it just looks like Gaga and Xtina is trying to outdo each other in terms of vocals. It gets pretty busy in an unnecessary way. It doesn't flow as naturally as it does with the Florence track. That's just my opinion.

Gaga could have worked with literally any other R&B legend besides R.Kelly. We knew this would be problematic from the second she unveiled the AP tracklist graffiti. Everyone on twitter was @-ing everyone from the Haus asking "WHY?" 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Archived