sis

HEAVY METAL LOVER OF COURSE

How’s HML an experimental song?  :icega:

giphy.gif

FfFfFfFF
5 minutes ago, BELINDA POP said:

How’s HML an experimental song?  :icega:

giphy.gif

It's voluntary monotonous, with complex production elements, interesting hooks, ambient-ish textures, a dark sound etc.

BELINDA POP
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

It's voluntary monotonous, with complex production elements, interesting vocal technique, ambient-ish textures, a dark sound etc.

:ladyhaha: why are you using technical words to make it sound experimental?  :ladyhaha:

also “monotonous” are you saying that is not an interesting song then :ladyhaha:... the choice of words 

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, BELINDA POP said:

:ladyhaha: why are you using technical words to make it sound experimental?  :ladyhaha:

also “monotonous” are you saying that is not an interesting song then :ladyhaha:... the choice of words 

I use technical words because words are meant to describe technically.

giphy.gif

My choice of words > your choice of words. 

I think Bloody Mary, personally. The Gregorian chants, the buzzsaw synths and churning beats, organ sounds, her warped screams, etc. The combination is so so odd, but it works so so well. I personally don't find Aura to be very experimental. It's seemingly straight EDM to me just not about a very banal topic like most EDM songs are lyrically. The original Infected Mushrooms song is really far-out, but I think it became slightly sanitized in the final version. Like, it follows common beats of a pop song with the intro, verses, chorus, breakdown, etc., which could be experimental but I don't find the components to be. I find Bloody Mary's components to be a lot more interesting in terms of how disparately different they are from one another.

BELINDA POP
2 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I use technical words because words are meant to describe technically.

My choice of words > your choice of words. 

Then next time don’t be so monotonous:trollga:

:ladyhaha:

:sharon:

Lord Temptation
16 minutes ago, BELINDA POP said:

HML is off the hook experimental

- Deadpan vocals during verses

- Dark metal lyrics

- Nonexistent chorus but just chanting of “who-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh?” and “heavy metal lover”

- Demonic robotic voiced bridge with muffled buildup of intensity

- Sexy stripteasey sonics

tomsches

honestly, none of her songs are experimental IMO, but out of those options, I'd say Venus

ryanripley

i don’t think aura should count since it’s not an experimentation from her

she bought the instrumental, zedd edited it and had her vocals slapped on it :shrug: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Archived