Just now, Trepadation said:

Not in its first week but eventually they did:lolga:

maybe RIAA counted them but not billboard, I could be wrong tho

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pedrohemg
4 minutes ago, Jake Deyton said:

Gaga did have the same money and marketing machine and lost both from putting out albums that didn't critically or commercially match her earlier material. 

Don't undermine Taylor's consistency and success because of insecurity about Gaga's numbers. Joanne's first week and sales overall were very good — nothing to be ashamed of. 

Did you get all that from a single line comment? wow, not even Eisenstein could.

DOIdafwXkAEfrUs.jpg

2 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

Did you get all that from a single line comment? wow, not even Eisenstein could.

DOIdafwXkAEfrUs.jpg

Eieinstein found wigless in a ditch :bon:

But seriously, I just mean it's like comparing apples and oranges. Taylor isn't pulling monster numbers because of money or exposure any more than Gaga ever did. BTW had the biggest album campaign ever. If people don't connect to the music they won't buy it. 

DiscoHeaven23

No shade at all, i just find it fascinating how she’s selling this well, but can’t keep her lead single in the top 10 for more than 8 weeks. 

Sepsami

WHERE DOES THIS GIRLS APPEAL COME FROM? WHAT DO PEOPLE SEE IN HER? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND 

giphy.gif

Spoiler

I'm happy for her though, no hate :bon: 

Spoiler

:selena:

TheWitness
1 hour ago, Varo Yan said:

Everyone can get this numbers when with 1 physical will get 3 digital, good marketing strategy Interscope, learn.... :madge:

and when HausOfGaga will do like this everyone will blame her... :saladga:

That’s not being counted on BB

Host Of Lyricasism

Andrea B
8 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

WHERE DOES THIS GIRLS APPEAL COME FROM? WHAT DO PEOPLE SEE IN HER? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND 

giphy.gif

Hide contents

I'm happy for her though, no hate :bon: 

Reveal hidden contents

:selena:

Well, I stan her because she's talented. People say she's not because she cant hit night notes or belt but I love her lyrics, not the repetitive ones but ones like All too well, call it what you want, new years' day, etc. She's a very sweet person too, she only acts shady towards the people who say mean things to her and to be honest I do the same thing lol 

Sepsami
Just now, Andree said:

Well, I stan her because she's talented. People say she's not because she cant hit night notes or belt but I love her lyrics, not the repetitive ones but ones like All too well, call it what you want, new years' day, etc. She's a very sweet person too, she only acts shady towards the people who say mean things to her and to be honest I do the same thing lol 

Well okay but she's SO bland and uninteresting :emma:

Guest bostonGUY
1 hour ago, Saint Hollywood said:

Wallets flew to Big Machine headquarters

08dSeMV.gif

what is that gif:toofunny:

Spoiler

how is that truck driving underwater

Andrea B
Just now, Sepsami said:

for you, that's your opinion but for me and for her millions of fans she's interesting. 

Eddie A Michael
9 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

You mean like Gaga in Joanne era? 

PopBitch

Whoa.  On track to hit 1.5 million in the first week..

"Buzz Angle’s Jim Lidestri predicts a one-week total of 1.5 million in the U.S., “which could go even higher,” counting Target pre-orders with Walmart numbers not available until later in the week. That is, of course, without any streaming services except for an isolated iHeartRadio promotion. Reports indicate Swift is expected to hold the album from Spotify and other streaming services for at least a week.

This will give Swift her fourth straight album with a million-selling week, and her largest sales week ever.  Her previous album, “1989,” bowed with 1.29 million in October, 2014, according to Nielsen Music. Swift is already the only act to have three different albums sell a million copies in a week since 1991, when Nielsen began tracking data."

Daenerys

The damn SLAYAGE of it all. 

Xoxo, Joanne needs to take notes! 

aW4Xm.gif

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

Archived