đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Who's to blame for G.U.Y flopping?

GeeYewWhai

Featured Posts

blackpink

I think at that point Gaga just wanted to move on. It's clear that her heart was in the project and she loved ARTPOP, but I think it was a wise decision to just release the video which had a clear message about the music industry, and move forward with a tour which then ended the era. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chromaticka

Idk but what I do know is that Gypsy as a single would’ve saved the era 

I Met Lady Gaga On February 7th, 2016; Attended Superbowl 51 and Coachella 2017.

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, notsoratedr said:

Idk but what I do know is that Gypsy as a single would’ve saved the era 

she'd get draggedt to the pits for using a slur word as a title :S 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

1 hour ago, GeeYewWhai said:

Who should we blame for GUY's flopage?

Reveal hidden contents

personally, I blame those damn HOMOSEXUALS.

c84e250f82253574e6084a67850d4e01.jpg

my theory is that the hunties, gays, bottoms of the world conspired to take down the beloved Goddess of Pop when she was most vulnerable. Because she scrapped Venus as the second single.

No ones to blame lol.

Everyone has songs that flop

It was a couple things:

- The video was released a month and a half before it was even sent to radio

- No Promo whatsoever

- No discount

- The video is long

- No radio deal 

BYE

47 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

she'd get draggedt to the pits for using a slur word as a title :S 

:neyde:

ryanripley
Just now, Triggered said:

:neyde:

2010 was before the sonic boom of things being viral for being offensive :bon: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

bumblebee

Here is ARTPOP's chart run on Billboard 200 in the first 16 weeks:

#1-#8-#7-#13-#18-#18-#18-#12-#22-#35-#42-#49-#59-#64-#61-#87

Here is Joanne's chart run on Billboard 200 in the first 16 weeks: 

#1 - #5 - #11 - #21 - #14 - #13 - #18 - #19 - #20 - #34 - #49 - #50 - #58 - #59 - #66 - #2 

As you can see, they are not very different. The only difference is that in its 16th week, ARTPOP falls from No.61 to No.87. while Joanne rises from No.66 to No.2 because of the Super Bowl Show. 

By the time Gaga came back from the hiatus where she was forced to hide because of the management problems, the record was free falling, because there had been zero promotion for the record during her hiatus.  The good sis Do What U Want had been robbed off the music video and was shivering in the Christmas freeze on the radio, doing little for the records promotion while Gaga was in Chicago trying to negotiate new management deal and make Troy's crew stay. 

Releasing a single off a free falling  album is a bad idea. G.U.Y. was not the sort of material that would slay irrespective of the circumstances. It required her good media presence and album's exposure. Which was not there because she was busy with the backstage drama. 

But when people act like ARTPOP was doomed from the very start, it's clear from ARTPOP/Joanne chart run comparison that it's not true. ARTPOP just needed some boost around the same time when Joanne received Super Bowl Show, but by the time Gaga had found new management and settled everything legally, it was too late to raise ARTPOP. 

Its the management. I mean hot damn can you even imagine how much they invested on the video alone in a decaying point of an album era? like I sure hope when the song was selling at least it helped covered a lot. However, even with proper promotion I still don't think it'll smash. One of the reasons is that its just not single-worthy and is better off  as just one of the highlighted cuts from the album.

Princess Stache
1 hour ago, TCHIKITAH said:

Gaga of course. The promotion for it was lousy, ok I get that the level has to help and what not but if you really are the artist that takes control of your own art then promote it!!! :grr:

Plus adding 3 songs to the video made no sense to me.

once again the whole era was a mess, so that's why GUY flopped. Because of the mess that was created  

Im 99.99999% sure Gaga didn't choose GUY as the 3rd single.  She expressed interest on making Venus, Sexxx Dreams, and MANiCURE singles but not really GUY.  So I blame Interscope.

rumours
2 hours ago, GeeYewWhai said:

Who should we blame for GUY's flopage?

Hide contents

personally, I blame those damn HOMOSEXUALS.

c84e250f82253574e6084a67850d4e01.jpg

my theory is that the hunties, gays, bottoms of the world conspired to take down the beloved Goddess of Pop when she was most vulnerable. Because she scrapped Venus as the second single.

Mess:sharon:

giphy.gif

Archived