Jump to content
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
question

littlemonster = gay

Featured Posts

LGMonster95   Paws Up 24
LGMonster95

I've been a Gaga fan for more than 7 years now, i was 100% straight when i become a fan and I'm still the same now, it mostly depends on your taste. I become a fan because i wanted to stan someone with a really great voice and music and bc i felt like she was something special. I use to hate gays back then because people from my country hates them for no reasons, now i get really bothered if i see homophobes because Gaga changed me and made me much more open minded about things like this. I feel like a lot of fans can relate with this 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SCHEIBE MONSTRE   Paws Up 256
SCHEIBE MONSTRE

I don’t think it about sexuality gender, race, or religion, but the connection between us and Gaga when we first found out about Mother. Little Monsters can be anyone whatever it’s Gender, sexuality, Race, or religion. I found out about Gaga when I was in third grade in my French class, and I was stunned by her voice, lyrics, and the outfits she wore.I went through fazes of not being a fan to being a fan (since I would get teased about liking female artists in middle school), but whenever I was sad or depressed, I’d would always play ARTPOP and BTW and it would bring my spirits up.

She a Beaker of Light, for all of us.

 

Edited by SCHEIBE MONSTRE
Mychal

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Plus   Paws Up 243
Plus

TBH that OP was a question in my mind for many years, I'm a gay guy who happened to feel it since I was 5, 6... but again my mother tongue was not english and withouth knowing any word of songs/watching visuals/knowing that these artists are Gay Icons , I started stanning Gaga, Madonna and Kylie Minogue just by listening to their music. I really don't know what's the reason behind these artists like Gaga/Madonna/Kylie Minogue/Cher/Britney that have huge amounts of gay men stanning them like no artists around, but for unknown reasons this happens. also I really don't know why for so many unknown reasons mostly gays are fan of female entertainers who wears less of clothes and excessive amount of make up with sexualised manners. I guess the reason behind all of these things will never be answered till end of humanity.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
NIGHTCRAWLER   Paws Up 643
NIGHTCRAWLER
3 minutes ago, Plus said:

TBH that OP was a question in my mind for many years, I'm a gay guy who happened to feel it since I was 5, 6... but again my mother tongue was not english and withouth knowing any word of songs/watching visuals/knowing that these artists are Gay Icons , I started stanning Gaga, Madonna and Kylie Minogue just by listening to their music. I really don't know what's the reason behind these artists like Gaga/Madonna/Kylie Minogue/Cher/Britney that have huge amounts of gay men stanning them like no artists around, but for unknown reasons this happens. also I really don't know why for so many unknown reasons mostly gays are fan of female entertainers who wears less of clothes and excessive amount of make up with sexualised manners. I guess the reason behind all of these things will never be answered till end of humanity.

that exactly what I was wandering and what I tried to express in this thread !!!

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
FloatWithME   Paws Up 1,880
FloatWithME

Every straight person who listened to her music turned gay.  Her music has the gay disease.  It injects it by the ear, making the listener gay for the rest of their life.  So if you see some straight hottie, just play some Gaga tunes for him.  Then show him a good time :lolly:

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
NIGHTCRAWLER   Paws Up 643
NIGHTCRAWLER
1 minute ago, FloatWithME said:

Every straight person who listened to her music turned gay.  Her music has the gay disease.  It injects it by the ear, making the listener gay for the rest of their life.  So if you see some straight hottie, just play some Gaga tunes for him.  Then show him a good time :lolly:

I take notes in case a straight b*tch says he likes vaginas :ladyhaha:

Spoiler

but literally, I turned bi like 4 years after stanning 

 

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
giskardsb   Paws Up 6,322
giskardsb

First online collections of fans are not a fair representation of all Gaga fans.  

In terms of sexual orientation affecting music taste, I’d say it is true that straight men in general prefer more aggressive forms of music.  Why that is would be an entirely different discussion. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
NIGHTCRAWLER   Paws Up 643
NIGHTCRAWLER
5 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

First online collections of fans are not a fair representation of all Gaga fans.  

In terms of sexual orientation affecting music taste, I’d say it is true that straight men in general prefer more aggressive forms of music.  Why that is would be an entirely different discussion

that was actually the discussion I wanted to have here though 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
giskardsb   Paws Up 6,322
giskardsb
34 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

that was actually the discussion I wanted to have here though 

Keep in mind that any stereotypes I mention here are just that, stereotypes.   Obviously people are not so easily compartmented, but stereotypes do exist for a reason and can sometimes be useful.

I think that is a hard answer to pin down.  Culture? Biology?  As a representative of the straight american male, I know that pop music has in general rarely held any interest to me.  To me it's nearly always just a watered down version of some other genre that I would prefer to listen to directly.  That attitude holds true for nearly every straight male I've ever known.  We'd prefer to listen to Rock, or Hip Hop, or Country, or even Jazz, directly in a more pure form.   That's not to say that there aren't gay men of course that act exactly the same way, just as it's obvious that straight men do listen to some pop music also.   I'm a Gaga fan after all, although it's easy to note that Gaga, being aggressive and dark in general for a pop star, has more straight male fans than other pop stars might. 

Another observation is that pop music is wrapped up in much more than just the music, it's as much about personalities, visuals, and all the stuff around it.  Most straight men really don't care about that stuff, its more about the music directly for us.   Pop fans tend to look at music through the lens of the complete entertainment package.   I'm not saying one is better than the other, it's just my observation.   As to why Gay men and women are more likely to appreciate a softer form of music wrapped up in an entertaining package, I cannot say.  Some combination of culture, machismo, and biology I suppose that encourages straight males away from pop music.   There is also the stereotype that women are more right brained then left brained, which in general seems true.  I don't know if the same can be said about gay men vs straight men.   But it might be that the right brain tendencies towards seeing the big picture and having a more encompassing creative tendency might be a factor in making the stuff around the music in pop a more important part of the puzzle for some people.

I could be completely wrong though.  Just thinking off the top of my head. :)

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by giskardsb
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satans Ex Wife   Paws Up 792
Satans Ex Wife

You've gotta be comfortable with radical, hypersexual femininity in order to like Gaga and most "masc" straight guys aren't comfortable with that. Most "masc" straight guys don't listen to any female artists tbh :( 

  • Like 1
lov it when u cal me leges in the morny by me egs

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAMROD   Paws Up 22,932
RAMROD

I mean she is very active with fighting for LGBT equality, especially around 2010-2012, so I don’t think every fans of Gaga are automatically going to be gay person, but more to many gay men attracted to her because of what she does to the community. We take her as an ally, a friend, and because of that we are being defensive of her and will protect her at all cost.

 

  • Like 1
My right wing is flapping. My left one is gray

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
giskardsb   Paws Up 6,322
giskardsb
30 minutes ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

You've gotta be comfortable with radical, hypersexual femininity in order to like Gaga and most "masc" straight guys aren't comfortable with that. Most "masc" straight guys don't listen to any female artists tbh :( 

I think this is an incorrect assumption.  Straight men listen to many female artists... just not pop stars. 

Edited by giskardsb

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronk   Paws Up 2,755
Ronk

I'm straight, and I'm a LM, an Animal, an Arianator, and a Mixer.  And I'm not really into pop music much.  Rock is 10x better, imo.  But I follow those particular pop artists because in addition to being very talented they are all really good, nice people who try to do good in the world.  I respect them as people as well as artists.

Btw, I just attended a Kesha concert in Philadelphia and spent a couple hours talking with other Animals.  I found that generally they also like Gaga.  Also, on GGD, while some members hate certain artists, I don't find hate for Kesha.  I wonder if this is because Kesha and Gaga are friends and are both nice people, and share much of the same fan base.

  • Like 1
I live in a fictitious world.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ziggy   Paws Up 1,163
Ziggy

My theory is that she represents what a lot of closeted gay men and women wanted to be at that time-- free. Similar to Judy Garland or Cher or Madonna, Gaga came out as an icon who embodied many of the things the gay community typically is attracted towards: fashion, art, theater, confidence, performance, and most namely creative expression. I think to closeted queer individuals, having someone like that so in your face is a powerful image and one you either consciously or subconsciously try to emulate. Her apparent freedom and embracing of the gay community told us she wasn't just jocking our style for a hit, she really understood the community and was up there on the Billboard charts representing us. Of course, her being a white woman also helps as femininity and whiteness are seen as powerful in mainstream gay culture. So I think it is a conjunction of many things working in her favor that made her fan base so gay.

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×