Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Buzzfeed: Why The "New" Gaga Never Took Off

AJK273

Featured Posts

SHALLOW
Just now, Slayer said:

She never said that. 

She said she loved dressing in high fashion. That just wasn't what she was going for with THIS album.

Besides, the Coachella and JWT shows have proven she hasn't left "Lady Gaga" behind. The merch for the tour and the Coachella intro include some of the freakiest imagery she has ever produced.

Yes, she also said that becoming Lady Gaga again after this album is pointless

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

Yes, she also said that becoming Lady Gaga again after this album is pointless

No, she didn't. Let's look at the exact quote:

"I don't need to have a million wigs and all that sh!t to make a statement. I know that we wanna elevate everything, I'm trying to elevate everything, but like... I can't elevate it to a point where I become Lady Gaga again. Because then it's like... why did I even make this record?"

She's talking about 'Joanne', not the rest of her career.

Besides, like I said in my last post, her Coachella and JWT shows prove she has not left "Lady Gaga" behind. She still dresses weirdly and provocatively, she includes avant-garde artistic imagery in her videos, and she promotes love and peace everywhere she goes. Yes, it's a bit different to the "Lady Gaga" from the early '10s, but this is simply her latest incarnation in 2017. She has adapted and she clearly doesn't feel the pressure to be controversial and dress in high fashion 24/7. She can mix it up, which is more freeing for her as an artist. 

If you think she's going to be wearing an "all-black uniform" for the rest of her career, then you missed the point of the documentary. It was about the 'Joanne' era, not all the other eras that will follow.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Welp, if Buzzfeed wants to mention "charts" and all ... Then they created an elephant in the room that they conveniently forgot to mention.  And that elephant is the success of Million Reasons.  kthx.

Also, the part where Gaga is talking to her team about her "new image.": I'll be fair and say that it does appear that Gaga has a bunch of "yes people" around her, however ... Would the traditional fashion and imagery of Lady Gaga have worked with an album like Joanne?  I don't think so. I think people would be all like "The music is stripped down, but why isn't Lady Gaga's fashion? It doesn't make sense." Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I guess.

I also think Buzzfeed missed the point of Joanne.  Gaga explores ALL facets of her life in that album. Her family history, her love life, her activism, etc. In the album, she sums up a lot of the parts that make her ... Her.  For Buzzfeed to completely grill her for "Angel Down" when Gaga has been known to very much care about activism pretty much reveals that they don't understand who Lady Gaga is. At all.

I still love The Fame and The Fame Monster.  A lot. However, you can only satirize pop music and pop culture for so long, you know? Personally, I would be bored if all Gaga did was release music with sardonic lyrics about pop culture and fame.

GhettoFabulous

These pressed gays are so unprofessional:awkney:

this is cringy and a mess in gays minds anything other than bussy poppin electro pop= flop failure OVER :awkney: they can go drink bleach. Joanne is such a good album and ITS SO SAD that it’s being underrated because of the people’s hate for her:madge: 

bravenewworld
5 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Why not? You can get one free month of streaming and you can unsubscribe right away and still able to use your account?

I only have smartphone and tablet does it work on this devices?

Started reading and noticed those horrible grammar mistakes that shouldn't even be in a professional article and stopped. 

6 hours ago, AJK273 said:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/pdominguez/what-the-lady-gaga-documentary-leaves-out?bfsource=bbf_enau&utm_term=.nbV3x5zG8#.be9mzyB3E

Buzzfeed did a review of 5F2 and all I have to say is..... really binch :saladga:

They basically criticised her for not including and "failures" in the film and tore her for using her "personal self" as a promotional tool.

Read the article and see what you think.

Im personally just confused as to how she is supposed to show failure when she is selling out stadiums on a world tour :trollga:

"Show her failures", they literally show her going through incredible, debilitating pain and stress. Why would we need to see much else of the downsides of her life?

Also, "using herself as a promotional tool", you mean like every documentary about a person ever? Especially musician and artist ones? It seems like their review is literally a criticism of the documentary existing in the first place which seems like irrelevant at this point. It already exists; review it on its merits.

LateToCult

I mean, I definitely noticed that they conveniently left out how Perfect Illusion ended up performing and instead went for a "this is my comeback" story by showing Gaga's reaction when she was told Million Reasons was number 1 on iTunes on Super Bowl day.

Should Buzzfeed criticize her and Chris for doing this? I don't think so. But it is something worth pointing out.

Overall the review is just another dig at her. Next.

Daredevil
6 hours ago, iCpro said:

Buzzfeed was voted the least trusted news source in America, Gaga remains unbothered :classy:

i think that says more about America than Buzzfeed. okay, they have a lot of shitty content, but that's nothing compared to Breitbart and Fox News. 

also: fire that pressed Madonna stan :whitney:

7 minutes ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

I mean, I definitely noticed that they conveniently left out how Perfect Illusion ended up performing and instead went for a "this is my comeback" story by showing Gaga's reaction when she was told Million Reasons was number 1 on iTunes on Super Bowl day.

Should Buzzfeed criticize her and Chris for doing this? I don't think so. But it is something worth pointing out.

Overall the review is just another dig at her. Next.

I mean Chris included audio clips of people saying they dislike PI, that Gaga's been over "at least two years ago", and that they want the "old Gaga back". Wasn't that enough to imply the song bombed? Does Chris need to show a (excuse for the comparison) Katy-ET esque meltdown to show that? Should it be that outright? Nnnn i don't think so.

Also, what's up with treating MR going #1 like a pivotal part of the doc? Wasn't it just shown during the credits? :lolly: If anything, the whole SB scenario set up how hard working she is as a performer

1 hour ago, bravenewworld said:

I only have smartphone and tablet does it work on this devices?

Yes. They do have apps for tablets and smartphones.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LateToCult
4 minutes ago, jinko said:

I mean Chris included audio clips of people saying they dislike PI, that Gaga's been over "at least two years ago", and that they want the "old Gaga back". Wasn't that enough to imply the song bombed? Does Chris need to show a (excuse for the comparison) Katy-ET esque meltdown to show that? Should it be that outright? Nnnn i don't think so.

Also, what's up with treating MR going #1 like a pivotal part of the doc? Wasn't it just shown during the credits? :lolly: If anything, the whole SB scenario set up how hard working she is as a performer

I don't think they should have done a Katy breakdown moment, but they dedicated a good chunk of of the doc on her promoting PI (including her saying she's gonna fight to get people to like her material), and filming the music video. I thought they would also include her take on how the single was received. I mean, like it or not, her lead single underperforming is still an important part of the Joanne era story. 

I think the MR scene was important because it was one of the last scenes shown in the doc and it was definitely used as a moment to tell the viewer that Gaga was back on top. Why include it at all if that's not what they were going for?

Archived