💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will LG6 Be an EDM/Pop Album?

TheCureinMalibu

Featured Posts

TheCureinMalibu
36 minutes ago, JeremiJello said:

When did she confirm he was writing the next album with her? expound please.

"Gaga sent flowers" thread on trending topic of the week

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaUnderYou

I'm sure they have enough material to compile a new album with BTW and ARTPOP! Can't wait for her next album!!!

58 minutes ago, TheCureinMalibu said:

"Gaga sent flowers" thread on trending topic of the week

how have i never noticed this thread this whole week? i'm a mess

Honestly I hope she does back to pop/dance/EDM. I'm still living for ARTPOP and I miss that Gaga. Not that Joanne isn't amazing, because it is, but I think she does her best songs as dance songs.

Spoiler

Not to mention, ARTPOP Act II should leak :classy:

As long as it has some 'sledgehammer dance beats' and some heavy industrial sounds...... I don't care

DIRTY PONY I CANT WAIT TO HOSE YOU DOWN

Anderson123

I hope so, DJ White Shadow is a very versatile producer, he has worked with Gaga on a lot of great songs and that's one of the things I love about him.

Reality

Well, it's definitely going to be pop. Pop is a broad genre, and it encompasses a lot of things, so it's most certainly going to be pop. I don't know if it's going to be a EDM album, and actually, I personally wouldn't want an EDM album. I'd rather her go more rock-centered, or disco/funk-centered, or even country/folk/rock-centered like with Joanne. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

Smother Em Eh

I don't think so.

And I hope it's dark disco! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Given the direction she's gone in lately, it's difficult to see her doing a purely pop album (in the traditional Gaga sense of "pop"). I think if anything, she'll do something akin to an ARTPOP album – pop, but where nearly every track has something that makes it different and that will inevitably piss some fan off.

And truthfully, Joanne isn't pop at all. I feel like it's been designated the "pop" label because Lady Gaga is a popstar and she's known for her pop songs, but Perfect Illusion is rock. Million Reasons is a country ballad. Joanne (the song) I would argue is country/indie. Sinner's Prayer, again, is country more than anything else. The only song that disrupts the country/rock vibe is DiC. 

So you have her releasing a jazz album and a predominantly country-rock album as her last two bodies of work, and yet both are "pop" enough to avoid alienating her core fanbase. That's what I assume we'll get with her next album, no matter who she collaborates with. Ultimately, Gaga appears to be in creative control and she'll do what she wants. 

Archived