💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Alien Franchise

Doot

Featured Posts

I wonder how many people know that the Xenomorph head is literally supposed to resemble a penis and the Facehugger is supposed to represent a vagina.

Also, you're welcome. :bon:

Spoiler

David_Eating1.jpg.pagespeed.ce.K3rzjfZAQ

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Doot said:

Same. It’s the same idea of Michael Myers...you provide some sort of back story and origin, and you kill any sense of intrigue and mystery. 

The only good thing that Covenant really had going for it was the the scenic shots of the planet, the shots of the ship in space (especially during the scene where they extended the solar sails), and the shots of a Michael Fassbender :bon:

I just wanna say that those scenic shots of the planet were filmed in my country of New Zealand :gaycat:

I'll be myself until they fƫcking close the coffin.

• 2 months later...

Alien.jpg

Ridley Scott Confirms the Next Alien Film Will Not Feature Aliens

Last month director Ridley Scott told the world that the next film in the Alien saga was going to get rid of the xenomorphs (and aliens altogether) in favor of spending more quality time with the universe’s A.I. – which I took to (hopefully) mean more Michael Fasbender.

Well, it looks like Scott is sticking to his guns with this one and let EW know in a recent interview that both he and the Alien franchise are done with aliens.

“I think what we have to do is gradually drift away from the alien stuff,” Scott says. “People say, ‘You need more alien, you need more face pulling, need more chest bursting,’ so I put a lot of that in Covenant and it fitted nicely. But I think if you go again you need to start finding another solution that’s more interesting. I think AI is becoming much more dangerous and therefore more interesting.”

While I’m totally down for more Michael Fassbender in future Alien films, how about Scott and his team just use the xenomorph a bit more like the original film did: In the shadows and f*cking scary. Not in full-blown CGI battles. After all, Scott should know what I mean. He directed the original classic.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/261826/ridley-scott-confirms-next-alien-film-will-not-feature-aliens/

11 minutes ago, Doot said:

Alien.jpg

Ridley Scott Confirms the Next Alien Film Will Not Feature Aliens

Last month director Ridley Scott told the world that the next film in the Alien saga was going to get rid of the xenomorphs (and aliens altogether) in favor of spending more quality time with the universe’s A.I. – which I took to (hopefully) mean more Michael Fasbender.

Well, it looks like Scott is sticking to his guns with this one and let EW know in a recent interview that both he and the Alien franchise are done with aliens.

“I think what we have to do is gradually drift away from the alien stuff,” Scott says. “People say, ‘You need more alien, you need more face pulling, need more chest bursting,’ so I put a lot of that in Covenant and it fitted nicely. But I think if you go again you need to start finding another solution that’s more interesting. I think AI is becoming much more dangerous and therefore more interesting.”

While I’m totally down for more Michael Fassbender in future Alien films, how about Scott and his team just use the xenomorph a bit more like the original film did: In the shadows and f*cking scary. Not in full-blown CGI battles. After all, Scott should know what I mean. He directed the original cIassic.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/261826/ridley-scott-confirms-next-alien-film-will-not-feature-aliens/

What I want is for him to pay the Prometheus plot the respect it deserves. You can't just connect the two universes together, kill off Shaw and then kill all the Engineers so non-nonchalantly just to please Alien fanboys who wanted to see more xenos. I liked the philosophical and religious tone of Prometheus so maybe straying away from xenos is a good thing. They're just not very scary anymore. Hopefully Ridley and company can conjure up another creature that was just as terrifying and twisted as the xeno was in the 70s.

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

5 minutes ago, Quasi said:

What I want is for him to pay the Prometheus plot the respect it deserves. You can't just connect the two universes together, kill off Shaw and then kill all the Engineers so non-nonchalantly just to please Alien fanboys who wanted to see more xenos. I liked the philosophical and religious tone of Prometheus so maybe straying away from xenos is a good thing. They're just not very scary anymore. Hopefully Ridley and company can conjure up another creature that was just as terrifying and twisted as the xeno was in the 70s.

I honestly don’t envision that happening. Ridley sounds like just needs to stay far away from the script and rethink his choices. 

Prometheus was conceived as a film with Xenos in it, they are in the original script. I respect his decision to decide to change and go a different route, but then go a different route completely. It can be set in the same universe but don’t try to use some silly plot of the creation of the Alien if you have no intention of keeping the Alien. 

Ridley consistently keeps saying “No one wants the Aliens anymore” disregarding the fact that 90% of the audience wants the damn Aliens. He is making the false claim up to ignore the fact that Covenant was bad. 

Just now, Doot said:

I honestly don’t envision that happening. Ridley sounds like just needs to stay far away from the script and rethink his choices. 

Prometheus was conceived as a film with Xenos in it, they are in the original script. I respect his decision to decide to change and go a different route, but then go a different route completely. It can be set in the same universe but don’t try to use some silly plot of the creation of the Alien if you have no intention of keeping the Alien. 

Ridley consistently keeps saying “No one wants the Aliens anymore” disregarding the fact that 90% of the audience wants the damn Aliens. He is making the false claim up to ignore the fact that Covenant was bad. 

Yeah that's what I mean. He keeps trying to tie in xenos where they just don't belong. Prometheus connected the two universes together well, now he just needs to expand on the engineers. You can't just create a character like that and abandon them in subsequent films. A huge story like that about creationism is too good for today's sci-fi to just be left in the dust.

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

2 minutes ago, Quasi said:

Yeah that's what I mean. He keeps trying to tie in xenos where they just don't belong. Prometheus connected the two universes together well, now he just needs to expand on the engineers. You can't just create a character like that and abandon them in subsequent films. A huge story like that about creationism is too good for today's sci-fi to just be left in the dust.

I agree. I wish he would have just stuck to his guns and continued with the original trilogy like he intended. Prometheus has its flaws (and a damn large amount of them), but it was a great movie. 

Also, Justice for Bloomkamps Alien film :grr:

So its not gonna be the sequel to Covenant? Surely the sequel would need the xenomorphs in it considering Covenant ended with Michael Fassbender storing the egg away on the ship and the crew being in cryo sleep. He was obviously taking it to the new planet to start it all again. Seems like a bit of weird idea, that's like having a halloween film without michael myers being in it. 

7 hours ago, jxckk said:

that's like having a halloween film without michael myers being in it. 

Halloween III says hello. :laughga:

1 hour ago, jxckk said:

i always forget about that mess of a film, what were they thinking? :poot:

Psh, that movie is flaw free

Archived