news

Brazilian singer Ivete Sangalo dedicates a moment to Gaga in Rock In Rio

Brie Candy

Featured Posts

Brie Candy
19 minutes ago, ClariceStarling said:

A post from ATRL

"I'm not writing this to troll .

I was one of the posters who poked fun at her when the whole fibromyalgia stuff was announced. I regret it now.

I'm writing this post cause I live in Rio de Janeiro. 

I think it's easy for us to judge from afar but life is made of decisions. 

I think she should have canceled it as soon as she felt she couldn't come. I know she tried until the very last minute and ,although it was brave of her ,it has also caused this uproar among her fans.

People are nuts here over this cancelation. It's kinda scary . yesterday night,there was a protest around the Maracana stadium ,people closed the streets ,etc. It even sounds pathetic ,if you ask me.

At the same time ,i understand the frustration and anger fans are going through right now.

I feel for her too. I think nobody would like to be in her place right now ,it's a really tough position where there's simply nothing she can possibly do to make things better.

Media,social media,newspapers,online outlets,everyone you can think of just talks about her,it's crazy. No one is  even talking about the festival itself ,Gaga is the topic they wanna discuss.

That's why I said in the beginning of this post that she should've canceled as soon as she remotely thought about the possibility of not being able to perform.

I hope she gets better soon and i also hope she can ,indeed,come to Brazil and perform in the near future."

It was going to be a huge cultural moment for the Latin America fans. 

This is so serious wow

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ClariceStarling
1 minute ago, Red said:

Honestly, saying that's pepole only care about Gaga is very biased and a bit disrespectful to the other artists and bands performing there, the majority of people I know that went there don't give a flying **** about Gaga, some of them are even pissed that a pop singer is singing there still and let's not forget Gaga's day was the last to sell out.

That's not what they're saying. What they're saying is that this cancellation was a pretty big deal in Brazil. And I'm sure it was. It's Rock in Rio. 

Wasn't Justin Timberlake the last one (before they added more tickets a few days ago)? 

Just now, ClariceStarling said:

That's not what they're saying. What they're saying is that this cancellation was a pretty big deal in Brazil. And I'm sure it was. It's Rock in Rio. 

Wasn't Justin Timberlake the last one (before they added more tickets a few days ago)? 

It was a big deal to pop diva fans and people that share memes on twitter but that's it, this guy made it sound like they declared official grieving.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

ClariceStarling
4 minutes ago, Red said:

It was a big deal to pop diva fans and people that share memes on twitter but that's it, this guy made it sound like they declared official grieving.

Well, I guess. 

:shrug:

tellemhone

Does anyone have the video? It says that because of licensing issues I can't watch it from my location

:air: :air: :air:

Brie Candy
2 hours ago, tellemhone said:

Does anyone have the video? It says that because of licensing issues I can't watch it from my location

pedrohpereira

Can anyone create a topic about this? It was a very beautiful and epic moment in Rock in Rio!

On one of the stages, a dj played several Gaga songs and the crowd sang along!!!!!

1 hour ago, pedrohpereira said:

Can anyone create a topic about this? It was a very beautiful and epic moment in Rock in Rio!

On one of the stages, a dj played several Gaga songs and the crowd sang along!!!!!

I cried like a kid when I watched it and I think Gaga would too. Bobby commented "❤❤❤❤" on the video on Ladygagapaparazzi's instagram, guessing he has showed it to our girl. 

Thinking about how she would have sung , danced and killed the stage of Rock In Rio is really sad:( I watched Rih's one and I really hoped for Gaga's. Get well soon baby:ohno:

13 hours ago, ClariceStarling said:

A post from ATRL

"I'm not writing this to troll .

I was one of the posters who poked fun at her when the whole fibromyalgia stuff was announced. I regret it now.

I'm writing this post cause I live in Rio de Janeiro. 

I think it's easy for us to judge from afar but life is made of decisions. 

I think she should have canceled it as soon as she felt she couldn't come. I know she tried until the very last minute and ,although it was brave of her ,it has also caused this uproar among her fans.

People are nuts here over this cancelation. It's kinda scary . yesterday night,there was a protest around the Maracana stadium ,people closed the streets ,etc. It even sounds pathetic ,if you ask me.

At the same time ,i understand the frustration and anger fans are going through right now.

I feel for her too. I think nobody would like to be in her place right now ,it's a really tough position where there's simply nothing she can possibly do to make things better.

Media,social media,newspapers,online outlets,everyone you can think of just talks about her,it's crazy. No one is  even talking about the festival itself ,Gaga is the topic they wanna discuss.

That's why I said in the beginning of this post that she should've canceled as soon as she remotely thought about the possibility of not being able to perform.

I hope she gets better soon and i also hope she can ,indeed,come to Brazil and perform in the near future."

It was going to be a huge cultural moment for the Latin America fans. 

This is what I have been trying to explain all along. You can't brush this sort of situations like "WELL When/if my concert was cancelled I did this..." Like, I get it, but it's the latin-american culture to be somewhat more passionate about these things. we rarely get concerts so when we actually have people come it is like a HUGE event, even when staging is downgraded and all. I don't care about anything else other than Gaga's health right now, but I also understand the fans that are in Rio right now.

I'm not saying she has to, but if she wants to make up with latinamerican fans she's gonna have to reschedule and announce the date as soon as possible. I'm thankful to not be in Rio right now, damn.

asana15
10 hours ago, pedrohpereira said:

I have tears in my eyes. 

How gratifying it must be for an artist to see this happening.

Yes, she cancelled, nothing we can do about it. Life's gotten in a way. Time will heal wounds, she committed no crime, there's no need to crucify

But moments like this...

pedrohpereira
10 hours ago, Lee Ng said:

I cried like a kid when I watched it and I think Gaga would too. Bobby commented "❤❤❤❤" on the video on Ladygagapaparazzi's instagram, guessing he has showed it to our girl. 

Thinking about how she would have sung , danced and killed the stage of Rock In Rio is really sad:( I watched Rih's one and I really hoped for Gaga's. Get well soon baby:ohno:

Oh really? I NEED TO SEE THIS! I'm not finding this Instagram! Can you pass me the link or the user?

21 minutes ago, pedrohpereira said:

Oh really? I NEED TO SEE THIS! I'm not finding this Instagram! Can you pass me the link or the user?

Here you are !

AAAAAAlice

GUYS, I WAS AT THE CROWD

I attended the show even without Gaga. Ivete aka Queen of Brazil slayed so hard. Her show is amazing and monsters loved her small tribute. We sang Bad Romance with our hearts as if Gaga was there.

On 16/09/2017 at 1:56 PM, Lee Ng said:

Here you are !

This moment was amazing, many people were crying. I wasn't at this stage, but I could hear from far the people screaming.

I love this fanbase so ****ing much

I've listening to Maroon 5 since I was 13.

Archived