Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Does Everybody Assume That "Joanne" Wasn't The Original LG5?

getto

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Well, it's a fact that she was working on music prior to March 2016 (which is around the time she shifted focus onto Joanne) until she worked with Mark Ronson. RedOne confirmed at some point (someone find the interview) that she had a lead single picked (that he worked on) to release around Q1 of 2016, but that was scrapped. There isn't any evidence that an entire album was ready though, just at least 8 songs. 

8 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

Mark ronson himself said that they had no direction planned until after a few days of meeting up. And clearly Gaga has been working with at least 5-6 other producers and writers that all shared similar genres and Gaga always said her album would br influenced by AHS which it clearly isn't. We have more citations all anybody on the "LG5=Joanne all the same" side have are variations of "we dont know that"

6 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

To the people saying we are delusional maybe once you finally have receipts, you can call us that. But for more than a year now, we are the ones presenting the receipts. You may discard RedOne's easily but explain Diane, Nile, Tranter, Elton John, etc. Or better yet, Joanne's producer himself, Mark ronson's statement. Until then, you guys are the delusional ones

All of this. She had completed a ton of songs with many producers, and it wasn't until she worked with Mark that Joanne came to fruition. 

Let's be realistic, Joanne was not the album that she had described leading up to it. She teased (and she know that she did) a Fame Monster-esque dark pop album. To all the people who argue that Joanne is dark...it's not dark. The Fame Monster and Born This Way were dark.

I highly doubt we will ever get the RedOne tracks, but it is my hope that she has a clear, cohesive vision for the next album instead of just randomly recording songs and deciding last minute what it'll end up being. I like Joanne just fine, but my personal opinion is that she shines when she releases cohesive conceptual material.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They did joanne like 8 months before the album dropped and ahe was working on the album with redone and elton etc WAY BEFORE that

venusfly

Not sure why a lot of people are saying its because of delusion when there was quite literally a different album direction as close as early 2016. Moroder, RedOne, Elton John and Diane Warren had all said they'd done some work for the album and none were present on the final cut.

It looks pretty clear she cut an earlier project in favour of working more extensively with Mark and Bloodpop.

Lee Ng
3 minutes ago, JeremiJello said:

I remember Elton John once saying in Feb or March 2016 she made a song that sounded like "G.U.Y." and "Bad Romance".

Which is John Wayne :rockstar:

13 minutes ago, JeremiJello said:

I remember Elton John once saying in Feb or March 2016 she made a song that sounded like "G.U.Y." and "Bad Romance".

wasn't it you and I and the edge of glory?

I think he said it sounded like You and I and "the Springsteen one" and fans assumed he was talking about Bad Romance because Bruce had said that he regards Bad Romance as a classic record he wishes he had written.

elijahfan

Well... to be pretty honest, it's nothing new that Gaga makes a whole bunch of songs for a while before finding a direction for a new record - in that logic, "Joanne" wasn't the original LG5, in the same way "ARTPOP" wasn't the original LG4, and so on.

Anyway, that way of thinking is more a way for people who don't like the actual record to believe there is actually a miraculous album somewhere that will never see the light of day because Gaga is just so cruel... Whatever floats your boats, guys :interestinga:

Ladygagalover

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious that Joanne is not the dark, AHS-inspired album she was working on with RedOne, Diane, Nile, Elton, etc.

I think Joanne came to fruition upon David Bowie's death, which made Gaga want to prove her talent and authenticity, and her uncertainty about her romantic life, which caused her to lean on her family hence the personal album.

LUO YI

Whatever Gaga released is the original album. Joanne is what she wanted after all, get over it.

Edit: I hope no one took "whatever" as a bad thing :air:

The night sky tells all

mr.peter

Because people don't seem to understand the difference between development/ works in progress to final product 

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, Graffiti Heart said:

Whatever Gaga released is the original album. Joanne is what she wanted after all, get over it.

Right, those are always the same old discussions... In the same way that we never got Princess Die, or TEA, or whatever she was working on in 2012. Making an album is a process, and we need to trust the artistic process. Joanne IS the original LG5 because this is the record she decided to put out in the end, period.

Tomiel25

Gaga make a lot of songs always that a lot off then don't make the cut for the album does'nt mean tha she scraped a whole album:giggle: any way if that was a good song she can use in the future like BM in BTW.

i can't speak english but i can if you like

Archived