Jump to content
Lady Gaga - The Fame
🎸 🎤 🤘 JOANNE TOUR TICKETS ON SALE NOW 🤘 🎤 🎸
opinion

Streaming is destroying Popstars

Featured Posts

Ferrer Zorola   Paws Up 3,538
Ferrer Zorola

Good. That means Gaga's legacy is safe.

:tony:

Maybe the generation of teen queens are the last 'legends'? 

TS, Selena Gomez, Ari, Demi...

:selena:

  • Like 2
Perfect

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
sipthistea   Paws Up 8,035
sipthistea

Wrong.

Camila Cabello is the New Madonna ❤❤❤

  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PeterPan   Paws Up 8,860
PeterPan
9 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Funnily enough, I realised that just before you quoted me. But his debut really didn't make much of a dent worldwide. It's only now that more people have started to wake up to him and his new single is tacked onto a re-issue of his last album. His tour really isn't that big either. He's only performing at a few arenas worldwide and London and Toronto were the only cities worldwide where he had demand for second dates. He's only pulled in $22 million from 36 shows so far because his tickets are so cheap. So, if he can't play to bigger audiences despite low ticket prices, it doesn't exactly bode well for the future. At the moment, he's still just another teen singer in my eyes and I've seen them come and go like lightning. If he doesn't make a truly big splash with his next album, I doubt he's ever going to be bigger than he is and once he starts getting older, his young fanbase will move on.

His tix are prolly cheap so his young fans can afford them

Turning Monsters Into Puthinators one gay at a time

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ferrer Zorola   Paws Up 3,538
Ferrer Zorola

With record labels spending 19 dollars on videos and putting barely any creative effort into performances aside from the technical and technological part I don't see how a new iconic artist can be born...

 

Perfect

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PeterPan   Paws Up 8,860
PeterPan
13 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

Good. That means Gaga's legacy is safe.

:tony:

Maybe the generation of teen queens are the last 'legends'? 

TS, Selena Gomez, Ari, Demi...

:selena:

Taylor Swift os or was huge her Red tour she did a stadium here lol

Plus shes not in the same category as the more new artists. She has 5 albums under her belt.

Edited by KingOfTheClouds
  • Like 2
Turning Monsters Into Puthinators one gay at a time

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ferrer Zorola   Paws Up 3,538
Ferrer Zorola
7 minutes ago, KingOfTheClouds said:

Taylor Swift os or was huge her Red tour she did a stadium here lol

Plus shes not in the same category as the more new artists. She has 5 albums under her belt.

Yeah I know but she's so young she's still a queen for the teens 

in fact, if a GIRL was to be the next SB performer she would be my choice even if it's an unpopular opinion.

She hasn't even had a peak. Her CAREER is a peak so why can't it be celebrated?

By the way, she's not even my fave. Gaga and Ari are.

  • Like 1
Perfect

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PeterPan   Paws Up 8,860
PeterPan
3 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

Yeah I know but she's so young she's still a queen for the teens 

in fact, if a GIRL was to be the next SB performer she would be my choice even if it's an unpopular opinion.

She hasn't even had a peak. Her CAREER is a peak so why can't it be celebrated?

By the way, she's not even my fave. Gaga and Ari are.

Ari still has potential to become legend

  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
Turning Monsters Into Puthinators one gay at a time

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ferrer Zorola   Paws Up 3,538
Ferrer Zorola
Just now, KingOfTheClouds said:

Ari still has potential to become legend

I think right now it's not about 'having potential'...

she earned like 20 hits or so and that's more than the newbies are going to achieve since they're recyclable 

  • Like 1
Perfect

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PeterPan   Paws Up 8,860
PeterPan
Just now, Ferrer Zorola said:

I think right now it's not about 'having potential'...

she earned like 20 hits or so and that's more than the newbies are going to achieve since they're recyclable 

I mean yes the new people quoted tbh Zara Larsson and Dua Lipa have no hits at least not in the US.

Alessia Cara did manage to have chart success here

Turning Monsters Into Puthinators one gay at a time

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oivind   Paws Up 274
Oivind
22 hours ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

They only release singles or albums without any concepts behind them, everything is so commercial nowadays 

Pop music has always been commercial. And popular music in general has always been about singles, not albums. Albums with a coherent concept has always been the exception. In the beginning, they hadn't even invented albums.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ferrer Zorola   Paws Up 3,538
Ferrer Zorola
Just now, KingOfTheClouds said:

I mean yes the new people quoted tbh Zara Larsson and Dua Lipa have no hits at least not in the US.

Alessia Cara did manage to have chart success here

Where do you see Alessia Cara in a year, though? Not even Lorde is safe imo 

Perfect

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PeterPan   Paws Up 8,860
PeterPan
8 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

Where do you see Alessia Cara in a year, though? Not even Lorde is safe imo 

I dont know im not a psychic

And I wish people would be more positive then negative. All the negative vibes make GGD toxic

Edited by KingOfTheClouds
Turning Monsters Into Puthinators one gay at a time

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KleinGa   Paws Up 10,594
KleinGa

I'm just here to say that they come and go. I was sitting down thinking yesterday about the long list of new ones that have popped up yet I struggle to distinguish their songs from each other.

Only one I've truly been impressed with is Ariana, she seems to be playing her career right and strategically. I can see her sticking around. She remains interesting to watch but she does struggle on really bursting out and giving us this mega pop star that we love. She may not be a household name as yet but she sure is on her way. 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PeterPan   Paws Up 8,860
PeterPan

I mean no one will succeed if people dont have a better outlook on music. Negativity causes more nagetivity. 

Turning Monsters Into Puthinators one gay at a time

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ferrer Zorola   Paws Up 3,538
Ferrer Zorola
4 minutes ago, KingOfTheClouds said:

I dont know im not a psychic

And I wish people would be more positive then negative. All the negative vibes make GGD toxic

Neither am I being negative and you don't have to be a psychic. Newbies come, newbies go and I don't think Alessia is here to stay

 

Edited by Ferrer Zorola
Perfect

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×