đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga tweets about the military transgender ban

Talent

Featured Posts

GagaMyBlood95

Drag his ass!

I wonder if he'll reply but probably not since these are all clearly facts he can't argue.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb
5 hours ago, GagaMyBlood95 said:

Drag his ass!

I wonder if he'll reply but probably not since these are all clearly facts he can't argue.

its Trump, facts are immaterial.

Economy

This could backfire

saying 45% of transgendered are so mentally destraught they attempted suicide...

That could only give him further reason to say they shouldnt be in military

Head Empty
9 minutes ago, Economy said:

This could backfire

saying 45% of transgendered are so mentally destraught they attempted suicide...

Cause and effect are completely backwards in that logic though. That 45% is there partially because of stunts like this. That's the point Gaga was making. Trump is completely ignoring the effect this will have on the community.

Gagaloo911
1 hour ago, Economy said:

This could backfire

Talk about completely missing the point and what Gaga was getting at :awkney:

Shows how informed and knowledgeable you are about all this. 

nattuggla

I hate these FB comments on her post stating Gaga should stick to music and shouldn't raise her voice for any political issue. This girl has been political since the beginning of her career! That is part of her legacy to target social/political issues since she has that influence to make a (little) change.

Economy
19 hours ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Talk about completely missing the point and what Gaga was getting at :awkney:

Shows how informed and knowledgeable you are about all this. 

Missed what? She was tweeting at him specifically!

Economy
20 hours ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Cause and effect are completely backwards in that logic though. That 45% is there partially because of stunts like this. That's the point Gaga was making. Trump is completely ignoring the effect this will have on the community.

I know... but thats not how he will see it and we know it. This will give him further reason to only push the ban further

It would be more effective to push for understanding with other officials and society in general at this time... not by telling a crazy President 45% attenpted suicide

This President uses every situation and fact to do something stupider than the last

If you want social change, leave the President out of it for the time being and target other individuals that also matter that could make a difference now

She could have tweeted her discontent to the President, then at a later time with other people or at a talk show talk about these statistics to a general audience !

just my opinion. This is one President u cant trust with everything and anything tbh

Gagaloo911
4 hours ago, Economy said:

Missed what? She was tweeting at him specifically!

Not what I meant. She is referring to the fact that a stunt like this will only serve to further stigmatize a group of people who are already stigmatized and who many among the group are already dealing with mental health problems. 

Hearing about a policy such as this will only worsen that and is not helping anybody. 

not asher613

it's a significant loss for the military as well.

he wrote these tweets while the secretary of defense was on vacation- so all his generals aside,  it's not really a top down word from within the military est.  all we really know is that in the wake of some really bad RW press for his treatment of the attorney general he is trying to draw in support from a conservative base that would like to hear that queers are gay. for now its just a tweet. just political noise. 

here that the military is ignoring it:

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/07/joint-chiefs-transgender-ban-military

and here that congress can undo it:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/28/trump-transgender-military-ban-congress-can-undo-241093

Archived