• Hotel
    • Roanoke

Featured Posts

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustYouandI
2 hours ago, Miel said:

Even though I really enjoyed it, I have to give it to Roanoke. Oddly enough, the season had a lot of great things going for it; it had the most conventionally scary scenes, Adina Porter who really carried the second half of the season, the cheekiest and funniest humor (Paulson  had amazing comedic timing as Audrey), and probably Kathy Bates' best role so far. I think the biggest issue is the format itself- while it was easy to enjoy within the moment, it was hard for me to care for the characters in such a rapid "found footage"/"they all die one by one" kind of way. It was tense and interesting to watch, but not a lot of narrative weight to care.

You know, if Hotel didn't have that god-awful Ten Commandments Killer plot, I would rank it up there with the best. Now, it's smack in the middle for me.

Him and his entire family ruined it. I mean that plot line was so boring and predictable, it was always knwon that he was the killer and his acting was just  blehh.:duck:

ARTGOD

Roanoke but it ain’t even bad, it’s a solid season for what it’s trying to be, the problem is that it tried to be too little compared to the rest of the seasons.

Guest bostonGUY

I truly, honestly tried with Freakshow. But I couldn't deal with the aesthetic, and the ****ing accents that just came and went while they were takling. I got through about 4 episodes and never finished, and never will. I found it very boring and uninteresting, but that's also because I don't like freakshows or circus-type things

Ricardo

Freakshow was the worst I've seen, I didn't bother to watch Hotel tbh, I don't get the hate for Roanoke, I kinda liked it 

Miel
1 hour ago, JustYouandI said:

Him and his entire family ruined it. I mean that plot line was so boring and predictable, it was always knwon that he was the killer and his acting was just  blehh.:duck:

It sucks, because both The plotline for the whole family could have been interesting. I mean: a detective losing his mind over the loss of a son and an unsolved case, a depressed and formerly-suicidal Doctor wife who becomes an infectious vampire and accidentally causes the slaughter of an entire school, and a daughter who has to deal with growing up too fast as a result in being ignored by her parents? It honestly could have been a juicy plot, but honestly there was not enough thought for their narrative compared to how much screen time they got.

I honestly just think of Hotel's plot as the slow unfolding of a jaded, 100 year old vampire who happened to inherit a haunted hotel by nefarious means. It makes he season a lot vampire and funnier and more interesting when I forget about the TCK.

3 points in and ready for more

Miel
4 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Freakshow was the worst I've seen, I didn't bother to watch Hotel tbh, I don't get the hate for Roanoke, I kinda liked it 

In my opinion, Hotel is worth it at least for the dynamic between The Countess, Liz Taylor, and Iris. Their plots and characters were the beacon of the season. Mr. March and the Laundress are pretty cool, too.

It has some of the best cinematography, music, and comedic/cheeky-horror writing in the whole series, while also having some of the worst long-arc plots (TCK). It's worth a watch, definitely.

3 points in and ready for more

boyerased

Roanoke. It was a mess.

Freakshow was bad but Dandy made it okay.

Hotel is meh. Could've been better without the whole family/TCK plot. Flicker was so good.

T3ARS

Hotel :madge:

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

Arizona Sky

Murder House: 10/10

Asylum: 7/10 (I could never get into it)

Coven: 9/10

Freak Show: 5/10

Hotel: 8/10

Roanoke: 7/10

Mr Ricky

Asylum is definitely the best though. 

Didn't like Freakshow that much, besides the songcovers. :poot: 

Crossfit

TheCureinMalibu

I'm seeing a Freakshow-er gave Asylum a C- and somebody called he/she has a good taste.

:selena::poot::poot::poot:

theahsfan

Hotel. It was the first season of the show in which Ryan didn't care as much because Jessica went (although Gaga came in) and they were trying to find their feet a lot of the time; a lot of the storylines felt incredibly rushed and not very well thought out and cheesy in places. Not great at all, but it still wasn't bad, just not amazing. 

Helxig

Hands down Freakshow.

Slow to get to any dramatic crescendos, plot was drawn out, convoluted and confused storylines, story arcs that were never finished or very unsatisfyingly rushed, too many characters, minor characters had too much backstory and main characters weren't fleshed out very well, too much going on at once to try and get your head around, too many storylines in general, too many villians and no satisfying conclusions to their stories, even the camera shots lasted too long and the music was too bland and drawn out to the point it gave me a headache to watch, and half the characters weren't actors so their performances were a little lackluster (although kudos to Ryan and the team for giving these underprivileged people a platform to be successful and a chance to feel good about their conditions)

Freakshow was the only season that I actually found hard to watch. Right from the very start in the hospital When else was wheeling in the candy cart and her accent was her to understand and she was trying to play coy about something that even the audience wasn't aware of, and the music was horribly monotonous and not balanced well so I had to strain my brain to understand what the f.uck was going on, and what she was trying to get at. Blah. Even the ending was unsatisfying. Every other season at least had some redeeming factors, even if they were a bit slow or over the top.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Archived