Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

'Malibu' and Lady Gaga Joanne

blackcoffee

Featured Posts

blackcoffee
3 hours ago, HOTNGaga said:

I stopped after you called Malibu pop-rock. Pop rock is Diamond Heart

From a genuine tone (always seems misinterpreted, especially here), what would you refer to it as? Seems like soft rock pop to me, but I'm probably mistaken, as you're the second to mention this.

I am sorry though that you couldn't finish reading after such a small mistake in a detail that was sort of irrelevant to what I was saying haha 😉

moonsago

Gaga ALWAYS keeps on opening the doors for other artists, she always sets the tone and never gets the same appreciation. The artists following the 'trend' always have more succes and the GP loves them more. It pisses me off tbh. 

Ariana Grindr
7 hours ago, blackcoffee said:

I've been thinking about this lately, and while I'm sure many here will disagree with what I'm gonna write, I wanted to share anyways.

So, as we all know, Miley Cyrus recently released her amazing pop-rock single 'Malibu' and people seem to really be enjoying it! In a time where female musicians seem to not be doing well with the GP, 'Malibu' seems to be finding a nice footing. I love the song and it seriously gets better with each listen...it's fun, sunshine, airy, and is the kind of pop I love...just a feel-good song with a sense of authenticity (meaning non-commercialized, like it wasn't made to just sell and appeal to GP trends) and warmth. 

Now, how does this relate to Gaga...if the GP keep responding well to pop like 'Malibu' and other more warm, more classic inspired pop (and they have with other songs like Love on the Brain, MR, Adele anything, etc. and artist like Ed Sheeran and Bruno), I think Gaga has an opportunity to go back promoting the perfection that is Joanne. Joanne definitely fits into that trend of more classic inspired, warm, authentic pop and was kind of in a league of its own when released last year. With GP seeming to warm up more to those sounds as more artist dive into it, Gaga has the opportunity to play off that success some. 

To me, A-YO would be the perfect choice for a next single. It honestly has this special something that I can really see appealing to the GP and although not exactly "trendy", it is the kind of classic, carefree, fun song (like Malibu) that can strike a chord with audiences. It has the same thing going for it that Shake It Out, Uptown Funk, and Can't Stop The Feeling had, where it's multigenerational and I could totally hear AC, HAC, and maybe even Pop radio eating it up.

I am a teacher and sometimes play Gaga (one of my favorite moments was putting on MR as they worked and hearing kids sing along) and when I played A-YO for the first time...oh my gosh, it's like something came over my kids. They just started dancing like they do to songs like Can't Stop The Feeling (that kind of whole class just dancing rarely happens with songs) and they LOVED it. They wanted to hear it again and even started singing the "A-YO" after. It has that kind of groove and beat that makes people just wanna get up and move. A fun video, with a similar vibe to the MR dive bar video that was leaked or whatever, would be PERFECT!

I also think Joanne the song could be a smart single choice too. It's seriously one of her most beautiful songs. People have warmed up to the idea of Gaga on a classic ballad with MR and Joanne would be a nice next step. It would also be touchingly beautiful considering recent events. Gaga has a lot of potential in AC and HAC and her recent successes and willingness of those radio genres to play her would be a great platform for Joanne or A-YO.

We all have our opinions, ideas, and theories on TC and how it came to be. It's no secret I'm not a fan of it for several reasons, mostly that it isn't to musical taste, but I am glad so many others love it and whatnot. In my opinion, TC was kind of a one-off, promo single meant to play off the hype of her Coachella performance (smart move). I don't think it's a part of some secret EP or Joanne rerelease...just a promo single to play off the hype of a major festival performance and based on the other pop songs described and heard from the ASIB filming, it kinda seems like maybe it was a leftover song from the movie that she decided to use for that promo. 

I'm saying that because I also feel it was a nice song to have out while she pressed pause on the Joanne era as she filmed ASIB, but with the Joanne World Tour coming up, I think it's time to go back to promoting that amazing album with singles like A-YO or Joanne, especially with GP warming up more to that type of pop. 

This is just my opinion and something I would like to see happen. I have no idea if it will, but I definitely would like it to. Thanks for reading!

"I am a teacher and sometimes play Gaga (one of my favorite moments was putting on MR as they worked and hearing kids sing along) and when I played A-YO for the first time...oh my gosh, it's like something came over my kids. They just started dancing like they do to songs like Can't Stop The Feeling (that kind of whole class just dancing rarely happens with songs) and they LOVED it. They wanted to hear it again and even started singing the "A-YO" after."

THIS. MELTED. MY. HEART.

Your students know whats up:firega:

alextruper17

C'mon Vogue! Let your body move to the music.

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Thomas P
7 hours ago, ARTnFAME said:

But... You know that Gaga invented this kind of music in 2016, right? :sure:

And A-No is still nø:neyde:

Better than DIC :sure:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

blackcoffee
8 minutes ago, ECORONA said:

"I am a teacher and sometimes play Gaga (one of my favorite moments was putting on MR as they worked and hearing kids sing along) and when I played A-YO for the first time...oh my gosh, it's like something came over my kids. They just started dancing like they do to songs like Can't Stop The Feeling (that kind of whole class just dancing rarely happens with songs) and they LOVED it. They wanted to hear it again and even started singing the "A-YO" after."

THIS. MELTED. MY. HEART.

Your students know whats up

And they're in Kindergarten! It melted my heart too, especially them singing along to MR. ❤️

6 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Better than DIC :sure:

stawp

yUKf1QM.png

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

Thomas P
6 minutes ago, ARTnFAME said:

stawp

yUKf1QM.png

Truth is what truth does :whitney:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

blackcoffee

And just for reference, since I referred to Malibu as "pop rock" and was met with some hesitation to that designation...Wikipedia classifies the song as "pop rock" (quoted by Rolling Stone) and "soft rock" (quoted by Spin, whom called it "SoCal soft rock") https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malibu_(Miley_Cyrus_song) 

Back to my post though, I'm glad I'm not alone in my thinking! I guess I just really love pop rock and soft rock and want to see it make a return to the pop scene. With Miley and Harry Styles finding niche success in the genre, I would love for Gaga to have her take on the genre also in the general perception. Joanne is such a gem. 

Honestly, I would love if Gaga's next album (whenever that is) got even more into the soft rock genre and melded some more with pop for her "pop only" fan....something like full on modern Fleetwood Mac (they're forever my favorite band). I am a born and raised Southern California native, so I grew up on a lot of soft rock (this was the epicenter for that genre), so even though I'm 27, it's like one of my favorite genres with some of my favorite music. I would love to hear Gaga, especially with her now living in this beautiful, great state, really take on the genre and make it her and make it modern...she is a natural rockstar, has always been so inspired by the great classics, and works so nicely more in that genre. 

FreeAsMyHair13
18 minutes ago, blackcoffee said:

Honestly, I would love if Gaga's next album (whenever that is) got even more into the soft rock genre and melded or some more with pop for her "pop only" fan....something like full on modern Fleetwood Mac (they're forever my favorite band). 

Yas! I would love to hear her go in a Fleetwood Mac or Eagles style direction...think the sound of the Dixie Chicks album Taking The Long Way. 

MelbHawker
22 hours ago, M Monstre said:

We still have the tour, so I wouldn't say Joanne is finished yet.

The album's commercial cycle or whatever it's called is over as far as singles are concerned. I'd be very surprised if she puts out another song from Joanne as a single. 

Reality
18 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

The album's commercial cycle or whatever it's called is over as far as singles are concerned. I'd be very surprised if she puts out another song from Joanne as a single. 

Oh yeah, I'd be surprised if she decides to release another single from the album, but the tour's still going on. It's the JOANNE World Tour after all.

🃏🖤👹

Archived