Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

More Fair to Compare Gaga to Cher than Madonna

CheapGin

Featured Posts

RochestrMonstr
31 minutes ago, Korok said:

Gaga is more of a Cyndi Lauper than Madonna

I love Cyndi, but even Gaga's career isn't as front-loaded as Cyndi's. Cyndi basically faded from the public eye after her second album era. 

Even when Gaga "flops", she's certainly still around. Cyndi wasn't having #1 albums and Super Bowl performances nine years into her career. 

I very much agree with the Cher comparisons vs the Madonna comparisons though. 

River

I think Gaga is a mixed of many artists and Madonna and Cher are among them.

Cher and Madonna are among the artists who built pop culture together to what we have now, each one in their own way and Gaga and many other current pop artists are using what they gave them and learned from it..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

MyQueen
16 hours ago, androiduser said:

To be honest, in the first few years she was definitely most similar to Madonna, and I think the comparison was fair, both the favorable and the unfavorable comparisons made sense.

In the recent years Gaga has started taking a path different from Madonna's.... I just hope the movie career doesn't end up being like Madonna's...

M won a  Golden globe for best actress and has 4 movies who gross 100 m $

Thats not so bad!

MyQueen
15 hours ago, River said:

I think Gaga is a mixed of many artists and Madonna and Cher are among them.

Cher and Madonna are among the artists who built pop culture together to what we have now, each one in their own way and Gaga and many other current pop artists are using what they gave them and learned from it..

Cher had no impact what so ever!

I remember the 80s very well

Archived