💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

More Fair to Compare Gaga to Cher than Madonna

CheapGin

Featured Posts

CheapGin

I've always thought it was kind of an insult (no offense) that Gaga was ruthlessly compared to Madonna and pitted against her, when Gaga's whole thing, and entire career path seems most modeled after Cher, especially when compared to all of Gaga's other cited influences, Whitney, Bowie, Prince, Elton John, Cyndi, etc.

Cher has a "same Cher different wrappers" philosophy in regards to her changing looks and styles, Gaga often refers to herself as a "chameleon" for the same reasons, changing looks, musical versatility, etc.

Sonny and Cher, Tony and Gaga (OBVIOUSLY different and not as comparable but similar duet concept)

Be yourself love who you are ignore what the public wants or demands from you icon

also the obvious that Cher and Gaga are both vocalists and performers

Cher also has an Academy Award for best actress and many successful films, industry credibility and acting clout I'm sure Gaga plans to work for in her career.

So, I think if there is an obvious influence on Gaga, I think it would be Cher first and foremost, and I think Gaga may model her career most after Cher's journey.

And virtually no one anywhere compares the two in the same manner as Madonna.

111009-lady_gaga_cher_meat_show_vmas_201

Also this iconic pop culture Meat Dress moment when she won Video of the Year for Bad Romance and previewed Born This Way for the first time while Cher held her meat purse

The Child

I think Gaga is the most similar to Stefani Germanotta.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Gagadonna

Yet but Cher autotunes all her songs and lip-syncs (at least her "latest" songs) 

Jorge Gonzalez Varela

I think Gaga is more like Barbra Streisand 

Here's to our brand new start, I won't be waiting for nothing. I'll mend the broken parts. Pick up the pieces,

juju

One can only hope Gaga is serving Cher-level tweets in her 60s and 70s. :diane: 

Untitled.png

Spoiler

But IA 100%, Gaga is more versatile than Madonna, the only appropriate person to compare her to would be Cher. 

❤ x ❤

androiduser

To be honest, in the first few years she was definitely most similar to Madonna, and I think the comparison was fair, both the favorable and the unfavorable comparisons made sense.

In the recent years Gaga has started taking a path different from Madonna's.... I just hope the movie career doesn't end up being like Madonna's...

DeanWinchester

I'm really tempted to answer that point by point but eh in the end, a monster will think what they want of Gaga. It's a shame most of this fanbase disregards Madonna's artistry, reinvention and vocal capabilities and downplay her influence on Gaga a lot but what can you do? :reductive: still riles up the Gaga stan.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

PartySick
3 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

It's a shame most of this fanbase disregards Madonna's artistry, reinvention and vocal capabilities and downplay her influence on Gaga a lot but what can you do? :reductive:

She did it to herself :neyde: If she wanted Monsters' approval she shouldn't have come for our queen :grr:

Spoiler

:poot:

OT: My grandma is the biggest Cher stan. She always said if she believed in tattoos, she'd get Cher lyrics on her arm or something. She's also seen Cher like a billion times. I'm following in the same footsteps but with Gaga so I approve of this comparison :staymad:

At the end of the day though, each artist is unique :nick:

🖤

DeanWinchester
Just now, PartySick said:

She did it to herself :neyde: If she wanted Monsters' approval she shouldn't have come for our queen :grr:

But Gaga said Madonna emailed her and it was okay :poot:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

PartySick
3 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

But Gaga said Madonna emailed her and it was okay :poot:

Good lord :spin:

🖤

DeanWinchester
4 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Good lord :spin:

Have mercy on the stan world

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves