Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's silence

GGM

Featured Posts

giskardsb

I hate how we judge people now based on their social media responses.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronald Allen
10 hours ago, FATCAT said:

She literally just lost her best friend to cancer, and you want to call it ugly that she's not caught up and openly discussing world news? She's a busy woman, with a very delicate heart. People said the same things about the Orlando attack, and we realized how upset she was a few days later at a vigil.

She shouldn't even be working right now. Leave her be.

:golfclap:

spread love ,respect,compassion AMEN!!!!

djBuffoon

I'm sure she has many, deep-seated thoughts on what happened. Maybe she simply doesn't want to be glib, and wants to collect herself before she speaks publicly about it.

bblough

How about this?    Gaga is concentrating on her acting at the moment.  She just lost one of her best friends who massively helped her get to where she is in her career.  She is devastated by this.   She is very sensitive and probably can't go there right now.  I think if she responded to this tragedy and actually sat down to write something from the heart.....her heart would break.  She HAS to think about her job at hand so she can do a good job.  Writing about this attack would break her concentration.  She will react in good time.  Give her a break.  Please support her.  We all KNOW.....she cares about this situation.  

PartySick

"I confess I am lost in the age of the social"

I'll say the same thing I said after Pulse - she's not obligated to say anything if she doesn't want to or if she doesn't get around to it. A tweet won't save the world. If it could, the thousands that've already been posted would've by now :shrug:

We already know how she feels about this. She's heartbroken by the state of the world. We don't need to hear it every time something happens and we definitely don't need to be mad at her when we don't hear it :/

Besides, she's insanely busy with her career and has just faced a huge personal loss. Let her breathe.

🖤

LordEnigma
3 hours ago, androiduser said:

but the fans also judge Gaga positively off of social media.... just look at the whole Sonja social media thing...  and you can't really say the others don't donate millions, if they do it without the media knowing.... If anything, everybody donates because it's used for tax purposes later.

I'm using that __ vs __ in a general sense. Not just with celebrities.

Ronk
4 hours ago, TheBatman said:

We can agree to disagree. I'm not saying she's a heartless bitch only coldly using tragedies for her own promotion, I don't think that. I think she feels what she feels genuinely, AND ALSO uses tragedies for promotion. Lots of celebs have friends die and they don't mention it to the world. Just saying! 

Always glad to agree to disagree.  I am fine with it if you disagree with my point about Gaga not even being capable of using tragedy for promotion:

I am among those who follows closely what Gaga is like as a person, and have found many misconceptions about her character.  The misconceptions are usually because her words are misquoted, taken out of context, or just made up.  It is important to view the complete interviews unedited.  The same with other situations when she spoke, posted, or tweeted. And the environment surrounding the interviews must be understood because she may make a reference to something else that is misunderstood.  And sometimes she likes to just play around, and people take her seriously.   She is human and sometimes slips up, but as a person she is kind, dedicated to helping others, does not put herself above others, and spreads kindness, positivity and compassion through her own example.  So I disagree that she also uses tragedies for promotion ... that's just not who she is.  She is the person who believes that helping even one person means everything to her.  She is the person who states that in order to be a good person, you must try to find the goodness in every other person.  She is the person who believes that kindness must be unconditional and practiced all the time.  To shed light on her character from her earlier years, I posted about 80 of her earliest interviews here:  http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/44923-gaga-interviews-in-chronological-order/

I live outside the space time continuum.

shane_c

Im pretty sure its because of her part in the movie. She thinks Manchester will cause her to lose focus so she doesn't want to think about it. She probably felt she had to say something about Sonja though because that was personal.

display name

Most tweets (like that) are meaningless. I personally don't need her to say something about what happened in order to know that she's a genuinely caring person. I'm sure she's as affected as everybody else.

ItWasntLaauv
14 hours ago, Naufri said:

Was yesterday, she said that she just figured out about the attacks and she and the team of the movie were praying for the victims. She erased it, I don't know why, maybe she considered that was better to make an extensive statement later. I don't know.

I hope someone screenshotted it, I wanna see what she said :ohno:

cryingrainbow

But does she need to? How would a tweet help anyways? You are taking social media way too seriously. 

TimisaMonster

It's sad and this may sound insensitive, but this isn't and won't be the last time Gaga "misses out" on acknowledging a tragic event... Plus, as it's already been said here, she's also mourning the loss of her own friend right now and trying to film at the same time...

A person can only do so much...she's human 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

doppelganger

So celebrities/Gaga is only expected to say something RE: Manchester.

What about Jakarta? Aleppo? Marawi? All happened in the past day or so

She cannot possibly acknowledge all terrorist incidents.

I think she's figured out that is much more effective to spread love and kindness. By actions, and her art, and not simple words.

Zilla

She's going through some **** right now too, we go through this with every tragedy in the sense that people expect her to comment. Commenting about death right after the sudden death of her best friend in which it seems like it was unexpected? Does that sound kosher?

The Sonja post came after the fans were bombarding twitter with messages of love and support. She posted about it after that and the media picked it up beforehand, I doubt she wanted it to be this huge thing. Anything she says or does will be picked up by someone, so to say that she is trying to get attention for it is ludicrous it happens automatically. She has the right to mourn just like everyone else does, and now people mourn on social media. Its okay to do so. It's okay to cry, remember the good times..... Don't crucify her for anything please.

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Ronk
49 minutes ago, doppelganger said:

So celebrities/Gaga is only expected to say something RE: Manchester.

What about Jakarta? Aleppo? Marawi? All happened in the past day or so

She cannot possibly acknowledge all terrorist incidents.

I think she's figured out that is much more effective to spread love and kindness. By actions, and her art, and not simple words.

Exactly.  Even when she responds to terrible incidents, she does it with positivity, such as "Think calm anti-inflammatory thoughts."

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived