opinion

Vevo Views Have Me Depressed

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Batwings said:

These other artists may be the most popular at the moment, but Gaga will have the most longevity and remain a legend and an icon. 

Are you sure? How do you know? :oprah:

English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes

2 hours ago, DAR said:

I feel like Gaga is a "niche" artist. Shes kinda known for being a gay icon and that can put you in a box and maybe affect how many people listen to you (and ultimately affect your numbers). Rihanna doesn't have that image or title so everyone pretty much listens to her but people like Madonna, Cher, Britney, etc only gay guys and girls listen to them and support them pretty much lol

THIS! Gaga is a niche artist. 

17336418.gif

English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes

Chromatislaps
2 hours ago, Dorothy Gale said:

I'm defeated. I can't believe that How Deep Is Your Love by Calvin Harris will reach one billion views before any Gaga video. Katy's video views had me shook. I know YouTube isn't everything, but I don't understand why Gaga struggles to even get Vevo certified in an age where that certification means nothing. I know it shouldn't mean anything, but views are how many people watch the video, it makes it a waste for Gaga to pour her heart and soul into something for lackluster reception. Why is she struggling? Does she need collabs? It seems everyone and their grandma has a video with one billion views, I'm confused.

you do know artists can buy YT views right? :excuseu:  Cuz it's a thing

Naufri

If you believe that Niche artist can sell 1M copies in nowadays scenario, you have never stanned a really niche artist before.

koji

gaga needs to stop with vevo.

vevo is f*cking trash lately.

i think she should start working with WMG. i mean, the major people they're work with like ed sheer an and bruno mars get hundreds of millions of views in a few short months.

i mean in just 4 months shape of you got 1b views.

vevo views are trash.

doppelganger
3 hours ago, Dorothy Gale said:

(God Willing) 

You're cute 😭 

Vodka

I had a feeling ya were the one who posted this D Gale. 

Spoiler

I do enjoy ur meltdowns, ngl, but I also hope ur truly ok

Yes, I also do love partying in moving houses as seen in that one Bacardi tv ad.

Benji

I mean they're just views, who cares?

How Deep Is Your Love was and still is a jam so... :music:

Kermit

kk

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

MaryJaneHolland
1 hour ago, musicnotbling said:

gaga needs to stop with vevo.

vevo is f*cking trash lately.

i think she should start working with WMG. i mean, the major people they're work with like ed sheer an and bruno mars get hundreds of millions of views in a few short months.

i mean in just 4 months shape of you got 1b views.

vevo views are trash.

All of the Interscope artists are under VEVO.

The amount of views has nothing to do with the label or who published the song on youtube :air:

djBuffoon
3 hours ago, Whispering said:

Gaga just lost her best friend to cancer. VEVO views are not anything to be depressed about. 

Gaga has her health, her family, her many talents, a mansion in CA, a sold out world tour coming up, a movie and soundtrack coming out, a career she loves, and fans she loves that love her...all by the time she turned thirty. VEVO views mean NOTHING! 

This. Perspective is key, people. 

Slayer

Try not to get upset about it. Even if Gaga had a billion views on her videos, nobody will remember her for that when she dies. They will remember her as a powerful, boundary-pushing singer who sang for equality and cared deeply about her fans. That's what matters.  

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

gagzus

The only way to get streams now is for controversy and viral ability. And luckily Gaga has matured and gone beyond the controversy bandwagon which got old 4 years ago.

Shes doing well on Spotify considering she's the only previous wave of pop girls to garner streams solo and building a streaming era from scratch, Beyoncé still hasn't managed to do that, Katy isn't managing to do that and (her team) still thinks iTunes is more important. When Radio & Spotify are THE most important things now, and Rihanna rested on a streaming artist (Drake) to give her streaming power and thennanother artist with streaming power (Calvin) which also got her some radio power.

Gaga's finally gotten back her radio power, her iTunes power in the UK especially is still pretty solid now she's slowly garnering streaming power.

And tbh VEVO & Youtube aren't important anymore because they don't count as much towards success as they used to it all rests on music streaming services not video streaming services, which is why if Spotify were to ever have music videos on their site YouTube in terms of music views & VEVO all together would be redundant.

If Gaga can make a viral hit happen and then collab with someone with streaming power (which sorely right now is the likes of Drake, Ed and Kendrick- although Kendrick has became overused he's still the better one to collab with). She needs a hit with a popular rapper to get any type of power now sadly.

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived