Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Twin Peaks | The Return

OliverViennese

Featured Posts

OliverViennese

safe_image.jpg 

IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN. :diane:

Less than a week from now on the 21st one of the most groundbreaking television shows to ever hit the small screen is making it's big return. When the pilot episode of Twin Peaks premiered 27 years ago, it was an instant ratings success. The catchphrase "Who killed Laura Palmer?" is what drove people to invest in a show that might be considered very weird on the outside, considering it features a lady talking to a log, a pie&coffe-loving FBI Agent obsessed with Tibet, a backwards talking midget and a giant giving prophetic hints, but that has also a fair share of loveable characters and a unique style that made people to emotionally invest in it. They did so to an extent that it is now back by popular demand. Even though it had a rocky second season that is often criticized for the lack of interesting narratives and a very controversial film sequel- none of that will matter when less than one week from now THAT GUM WE LIKE IS GOING TO COME BACK IN STYLE.

So what do we know so far? This 3rd Season has always been called a continuation of the original Twin Peaks, so neither a remake nor a spin-off. Yes, this means we might get to know the fate of most of the characters that were in the first two seasons. There's a list of 217 people involved in the new season, with lots of familiar names from the original cast, some people who already collaborated with Lynch on other projects like Laura Dern, Monica Belucci and Naomi Watts  and some new like Amanda Seyfried, Jim Belushi and Michael Cera.

The Trailer

Spoiler

The Teasers

Spoiler

The three-part "Phenomenon" Featurette

Spoiler

"It is a continuing story, so it is continuing." - David Lynch :giveup:

What are your expectations for the brand new season?  Are you as excited as I am? Do you want some coffe and doughnuts? Discuss.

https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

OliverViennese
Spoiler

The main questions I'm dying to find out are:

1. Will the original theme song be back and in what form?

2. How will they be working Sheryl Lee & Ray Wise into the plot?

3. Is the Lynch-universe really connected? Is that why Lynch asked Naomi Watts, Laura Dern and others to join the cast? *Inland Empire credits tease*

4. "Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole." - David Lynch. What does that even mean?

5. How's Annie?

Lina Morgana

:giveup: I'm beyond excited

" I can't sing, I can't dance, I can't write... no real talent. But I'm pretty, and I can make money off pretty."

OliverViennese
31 minutes ago, bionic said:

When does it start?

The two hour season premier is set to air this Sunday 5/21 at 9PM ET. (So my european ass will watch it on Monday 5/22)

+ two more episodes will be uploaded online the same night. So yup: we'll have 4 hours of new material in a few days. :giveup:

27 minutes ago, merlot said:

now i'm thinking of watching the show :excited2:

You should! But you'd have to be really quick to catch up just in time before the new season starts. ;)

Knife

I've only just recently started watching this and I've been racing trying to finish season 2 to be caught up for the return. :giveup:

Why am I not seeing the good sis Donna in any of those teasers? 

OliverViennese
1 minute ago, Knife said:

I've only just recently started watching this and I've been racing trying to finish season 2 to be caught up for the return. :giveup:

Why am I not seeing the good sis Donna in any of those teasers? 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... :awkney:

The short answer is: For all we know the actress Lara Flynn Boyle will not be in the new Twin Peaks. She wasn't in the Twin Peaks prequel-film "Fire Walk With Me" either, though her character still appeared starring Moira Kelly - who isn't on the cast list for the new season either. There's a strong possibility that Donna will not be in the new season...

The long answer (most of these are rumors): Lara Flynn Boyle didn't get along all to well with the whole cast. She was dating Kyle MacLachlan back then and was supposedly jealous of the attention Sherilyn Fenn got. Reprtedly she turned down the Prequel-adaption because of Donna-nudity in the script (however she did star naked in other movies). Also she has had some major plastic surgery done to her face in recent years, so that is another thing people bring up in Lara Flynn Boyle season 3 discussions.

OliverViennese

Titles for eight out of eighteen episodes have been added:

Spoiler

Part One | My log has a message for you

Part Two | The stars turn and a time presents itself

Part Three | Call for help

Part Four | ... bring back some memories

Part Five | Case files

Part Six | Don't die

Part Seven | There's a Body all right

Part Eight | Gotta light?

The title of Part One... :giveup:

The titles of Part Six & Seven. WHAT?! :cryga:

MichealScott

I've seen so many trailers for it 

and now I do really want to watch it 

:duck:

Sister
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:50 PM, OliverViennese said:

Titles for eight out of eighteen episodes have been added:

Reveal hidden contents

Part One | My log has a message for you

Part Two | The stars turn and a time presents itself

Part Three | Call for help

Part Four | ... bring back some memories

Part Five | Case files

Part Six | Don't die

Part Seven | There's a Body all right

Part Eight | Gotta light?

The title of Part One... :giveup:

The titles of Part Six & Seven. WHAT?! :cryga:

Not looking at this ^ I am all about being surprised throughout it all.

I am soooo excited I can not stand it :excited2::excited2::excited2::excited2::excited2::wub:

:nails: countdown~

http://dugpa.com/countdown.html

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Sizzily

I just started watching season 2. I read that all you need to watch USB episodes 1-9, 20-22 tho so I might skip those 11 episodes in between.

One Banned Boi

OliverViennese

It's here!!!! I can't even begin to describe how excited I am. I'll host a small Twin Peaks party tonight and I'll have to avoid Spoilers until then and the waiting might kill me. Than again, I have waited so long, I surely will make it through the day.

Has anyone of you seen it? What were your thoughts on it?

Archived