💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Katy Perry - Bon Appétit ft. Migos

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

I think some of you guys are getting the wrong end of the stick here. Yes it's messed up but not for the reasons you've implied. Look at it from a race angle.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Creep said:

katy is becoming miley. miley is becoming katy. 

Wrong Miley is becoming Joanne tho :poot:

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

babyboo
1 hour ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

She can. If she makes an actual GAGA video

John Wayne? :S truth is she needs better songs. Joanne as cohesive as it may be is not filled with hit materials.

MaryJaneHolland
11 minutes ago, babyboo said:

John Wayne? :S truth is she needs better songs. Joanne as cohesive as it may be is not filled with hit materials.

A GAGA video for an actual single which will get exposure*

The videos for the singles off Joanne were really bad

MelbHawker

This is the definition of plastic, processed cheese in the music industry context.

So embarassing. It's awful. I don't know how anyone can actually like this song or it's stupid video.

Snow

Its simple amazing by todays standards! Best mv of the year so far. Oh so many pressed souls here....

FrankGutz

the final is so dumb, like wtf i hated the last part of the video

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

StrawberryBlond
19 hours ago, Givenchy said:

1. Acceptable to whom? she's free to do whatever she wants. If you don't wanna sexualize or objectify yourself, you're free to do that. But she's also free to be anything she wants to be. We're not all some type of hive mind where each of us has to do act the way someone else sees it to be appropriate.

2. No, they're not. You're looking at men the wrong way, because you're talking as if "men" only means straight men and as if men only means those who have full control over the lives of their female partners, which isn't true. 

3. Many women in many countries take advantage of the law to take over her ex-husband's wealth or to attack him many times, physically and when he responds with an attack, he gets sued for it. Which isn't fair because if you want equality, you either hit and be hit back or you neither hit nor get hit.

4. By your logic, **** should be banned.

5. There are countless videos where the woman ends up beating the man, killing the man for cheating, fighting and breaking him to pieces, but we don't see videos of men doing the same. I'm not asking for that, either, but if you're talking about videos that show empowerment or sex in an empowering way, there are, and generally speaking, sex is something that is felt differently from one person to another. You enjoy sex much differently than I do, and same goes for many people here. Some people actually do enjoy the idea of being submissive in sex, whether they're males or female, straight or gay. It's in our nature.

No, we don't all have to think the same and act the same but I will naturally show concern when someone is presenting themselves in a way that is bad for their self-worth and self-esteem, will give a negative perception of them to others and might even reinforce negative messages. Sexualisation and objectification are not ways of life, they are defined by the dictionary as negative, degrading things. No one should want this.

No, I know that not all men think the same and I knew you might bring up the concept of gay men. But no matter what kind of culture or sexuality you look at, male sexual power is reinforced. There is always a feeling of "men exist to be served" and "a man's sexual enjoyment is of the utmost importance."

I am not saying that women are all angels or that they should get better treatment than men. I'm just as disgusted when women manipulate, use and abuse men as you are. True feminists are against this. Don't believe everything you see crazy women write online. They aren't real feminists, they're just nuts. Feminism isn't about women vs. men, it's about people vs. prejudice. It's about creating a better world for us all to live in. If you say this isn't what it's about, this is proof that you have been brainwashed by the negativity you've seen from fake feminists online who have unfortunately ruined the true intentions of feminism.

Yes, I do want p*rn to be banned. That doesn't make me a prude. It's because the actors are treated terribly, some are abused, some later die. A lot of them are leading terrible lives off-screen to and turn to p*rn because they have no other choice or because they were forced into it. I have been researching it for almost a decade now, getting information from people who worked there. It's a sick, inhumane business with no emotional support.

Once again, I don't want men treated as badly as women. And I really think you misunderstand me. We've only started speaking for the first time ever and you don't know the true extent of my sexual, social and political beliefs. You assume that because I'm against overt sexuality and am against p*rn, that I must be a stick in the mud. Almost all my sexual desires involve being submissive. I love being alluring to men. But the thing is, my sexuality is a private thing. It's so much sexier when there's mystery to you. I don't want sex with anyone who doesn't respect me, for then I risk being used and abused. A man has to earn the right for my affections by treating me right and then, and only then, will I be willing to feed his desires and share my own. I want to be sexy without losing my dignity and I only want to be sexual for those who deserve it.

19 hours ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

I was referring to the fact that  media referring to Katy's path to "wokeness" this era, a term which is a phrase that comes from black lingo and is jokingly referenced in black social circles on places like twitter. "Black Twitter" comes to mind. I don't think I implied only black people or only women can educate people on social issues, I certainly don't believe that. I was really more trying to convey that one random person with no credentials that just spends their time on twitter is probably more knowledgable about social issues than whoever is in Katy's inner circle. The choice of it as a black woman was related to the fact that it was "twitter" and this is about objectification. 

I don't love the song, but I think its not like, the worst song she's ever made like some people act like it is :rip: Music is often times problematic, and I can separate out what media I consume based on its level of toxicity. My first critique of a song is usually just based on its musical merits, then what i know about the artist, the message, etc. informs whether It is a song that is "fun to listen to" or "important" or "special" in my mind :shrug: 

Also, was totally kidding about the PC SJW thing :emma: Referring to the fact that having any nuanced opinion on a social issue makes you one according to many people on the internet, especially on this website :laughga: 

I honestly never heard this word until CTTR came out. All I knew is as soon as I heard it I hated it. I can't stand grammatically incorrect words. I don't think it means you're so behind the times if you haven't picked up on black lingo. It just means you don't hang around Twitter all the time and actually live in the real world where people don't use words like that in real time. But I get what you're trying to say now, even so.

I actually think it is the worst song, this is even worse than the likes of Peacock, Birthday and This Is How We Do. At least they didn't make me feel uncomfortable. But I rank songs pretty much the same way you do. I think the person who's singing it can affect your enjoyment of it. I know Chris Brown singing songs moaning about girls never went down well for obvious reasons.

I know you were kidding. I just decided to point out that there's a genuinely serious side that can be taken from it as well. But yes, it's very true, if you have an opinion on a social issue that's not "the norm" people will think you're an SJW, a feminazi, a prude, out of touch, whatever. God forbid we get recognised as being complex individuals who can have liberal and conservative viewpoints.

19 hours ago, Givenchy said:

1. It all depends on the recipient. The artist shouldn't be held accountable for putting something that people misunderstood or imitated, because a music video should be treated as a music video. By that logic, James Bond movies should be banned because they promote violence, same goes for most if not all video games, **** movies need to cease to exist..etc. What needs to happen isn't that these stuff fade away but we need to be able to tell the difference between what's real and what's not. We all watched Tom and Jerry and Speedy Gonzalez..etc. where they almost kill each other or step in the void but do not fall until they look down. We didn't imitate them, so there's no reason why should imitate music videos when we grow up.

2. that's actually their problem because anything can be interpreted into anything. You cannot censor things because someone somewhere might take it way too seriously.

3. It shouldn't because that's them and this is you and we're all responsible for our own actions and lead our own lives as we see fit.

4. You cannot deny that in reality, there are women who enjoy being submissive in sex or men who enjoy that as well (and there's **** for that too) and same goes for gay couples..etc. Sex isn't the same as daily life. Sex is a part and it happens intimately and privately. It isn't something that you decide for other people nor does it show who you are in everyday life. I am not the same person at work or at home or at the mall that I am when I'm having sex. I could enjoy being dominant or submissive, but that doesn't mean that I take my dominance or my submission to my workplace or to the street..etc. 

5. Again, if people are there to learn from music videos, that's their fault. If I shoot somebody because in Call of Duty, we shoot each other, the police will arrest me, not the Call of Duty dev team.

I don't think people are taking away anything from the James Bond movies seriously, though. And there has been increased criticism for the sexualisation of Bond girls in the modern age and how we should really move past this. But music videos are different. People of all ages can access them whenever they want and they look up to the singers in these videos. They take celebrities as an example of what they could be and compare themselves. Lots of young girls look up to Katy and I don't think your sexual feelings are really something you can talk about with your parents, so we're left to the media to educate us. Most kids now get their first visual experience of sex from the worst possible places and it's leading to some awful things. And as I said before, I do want p*rn banned. I don't think video games need to be, but there are elements to them that need to be reined in. And you really can't compare watching cartoons to growing up as an adult. We're inspired by real life. People in music videos are real life, as privileged as they are.

If you don't want things to be misinterpreted, you have to explain them clearer. That's all I'll say.

Yes, women can enjoy sexual submissivity. I always have. But the key is to do it in a way that won't get you harmed. It's also very important to not wear a sexual persona in public. It's kinda like you say - we're different people in real life as opposed to when we're having sex. I think sexuality is something private. I don't go out half naked, I don't take off my clothes in a strip club, I don't prostitute myself. Putting the most private part of you out there for public consumption leads to negative views of you and puts you in danger. Sex is something private. I just wish more people would keep it that way.

18 hours ago, M I M I Z said:

omg she's soo cute and down to earth :heart:

This video, this view-along as she calls it, only serves to show how she didn't intend for it to have such an intelligent social commentary as some people here are saying she does. She gives nothing but vapid commentary for every moment in the video, literally explaining what we're seeing on the screen. Not a word about what it represents or the meaning behind it. And my mouth dropped when she said that she regrets sexualising herself so much at the beginning of her career and is doing things for herself now! She has never sexualised herself more than what she is doing now! If she was this sexual before, she wouldn't have so many kid fans and have so many mothers at her concerts! It's sad how she thinks this is sexual liberation. She's just put herself in the extreme end of sexual objectification. But she's not smart enough to see it. This is what society does, folks. It dupes women into thinking their public degradation is empowerment, so men have endless media fodder for their own pleasure and plenty of women to supply it in reality. We live in a sick world.

4 hours ago, Dex said:

I think some of you guys are getting the wrong end of the stick here. Yes it's messed up but not for the reasons you've implied. Look at it from a race angle.

I have considered it from that angle too. But there really isn't anything to say here. Migos supposedly "set her free" and that's it. Nothing racist here. I was actually saying before that if it was a black woman singing this song and all these same things were happening to her, people would lose their minds over it, calling it racism. But when it happens to a white woman, nobody cares, it's just a pop video. But no one wants to ever talk about that, do they?

ItsTommyBitch
11 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I honestly never heard this word until CTTR came out. All I knew is as soon as I heard it I hated it. I can't stand grammatically incorrect words. I don't think it means you're so behind the times if you haven't picked up on black lingo. It just means you don't hang around Twitter all the time and actually live in the real world where people don't use words like that in real time. But I get what you're trying to say now, even so.

It's not a word that only exists online, its been a part of our lexicon for a long time actually. And its not "grammatically incorrect", woke is just the past tense of "wake", even though many native English speakers often use forms of "awake" instead, its not any more grammatically correct and it only "sounds better" to some people because the slang of many minorities often involves things like, shortening words in interesting ways, so this sounds like slang to them. The definition referring to being socially aware of injustice is what, from my knowledge comes from black slang, rather than the pronunciation or spelling or grammar.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/woke

"Stay woke" - slang phrase using two non slang words

"Stay awake" - non slang phrase using two non slang words.

It's honestly barely slang. Awake and aware are synonyms, and its just a play on that, since woke is relate to awake.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

leecy

the visuals are good, but overall it is just SO very predictable, you don't need to be educated to understand her concept, this is why Lady Gaga has weaker streaming power, cause everything Gaga does is much deeper in meaning and art, you can find some new hidden messages every now and then in Gaga's art. this is why Gaga is the real 'artist'

I hope Gaga's fans can at least understand this and stop being jealous of other people's "good" visuals or MVs

beboskoukla

tbh i think this video is so disgusting...

when I watched it my thoughts have been just: WTF DID I JUST WATCH? SAW 8?:wtfga:

xoxo, Katarina

God Control
On 5/13/2017 at 9:10 PM, StrawberryBlond said:

1. No, we don't all have to think the same and act the same but I will naturally show concern when someone is presenting themselves in a way that is bad for their self-worth and self-esteem, will give a negative perception of them to others and might even reinforce negative messages. Sexualisation and objectification are not ways of life, they are defined by the dictionary as negative, degrading things. No one should want this.

2. No, I know that not all men think the same and I knew you might bring up the concept of gay men. But no matter what kind of culture or sexuality you look at, male sexual power is reinforced. There is always a feeling of "men exist to be served" and "a man's sexual enjoyment is of the utmost importance."

I am not saying that women are all angels or that they should get better treatment than men. I'm just as disgusted when women manipulate, use and abuse men as you are. True feminists are against this. Don't believe everything you see crazy women write online. 3. They aren't real feminists, they're just nuts. Feminism isn't about women vs. men, it's about people vs. prejudice. It's about creating a better world for us all to live in. If you say this isn't what it's about, this is proof that you have been brainwashed by the negativity you've seen from fake feminists online who have unfortunately ruined the true intentions of feminism.

4. Yes, I do want p*rn to be banned. That doesn't make me a prude. It's because the actors are treated terribly, some are abused, some later die. A lot of them are leading terrible lives off-screen to and turn to p*rn because they have no other choice or because they were forced into it. I have been researching it for almost a decade now, getting information from people who worked there. It's a sick, inhumane business with no emotional support.

5. Once again, I don't want men treated as badly as women. And I really think you misunderstand me. We've only started speaking for the first time ever and you don't know the true extent of my sexual, social and political beliefs. You assume that because I'm against overt sexuality and am against p*rn, that I must be a stick in the mud. Almost all my sexual desires involve being submissive. I love being alluring to men. But the thing is, my sexuality is a private thing. It's so much sexier when there's mystery to you. I don't want sex with anyone who doesn't respect me, for then I risk being used and abused. A man has to earn the right for my affections by treating me right and then, and only then, will I be willing to feed his desires and share my own. I want to be sexy without losing my dignity and I only want to be sexual for those who deserve it.

6. I don't think people are taking away anything from the James Bond movies seriously, though. And there has been increased criticism for the sexualisation of Bond girls in the modern age and how we should really move past this. But music videos are different. People of all ages can access them whenever they want and they look up to the singers in these videos. They take celebrities as an example of what they could be and compare themselves. Lots of young girls look up to Katy and I don't think your sexual feelings are really something you can talk about with your parents, so we're left to the media to educate us. Most kids now get their first visual experience of sex from the worst possible places and it's leading to some awful things. And as I said before, I do want p*rn banned. I don't think video games need to be, but there are elements to them that need to be reined in. And you really can't compare watching cartoons to growing up as an adult. We're inspired by real life. People in music videos are real life, as privileged as they are.

7. If you don't want things to be misinterpreted, you have to explain them clearer. That's all I'll say.

8. Yes, women can enjoy sexual submissivity. I always have. But the key is to do it in a way that won't get you harmed. It's also very important to not wear a sexual persona in public. It's kinda like you say - we're different people in real life as opposed to when we're having sex. I think sexuality is something private. I don't go out half naked, I don't take off my clothes in a strip club, I don't prostitute myself. Putting the most private part of you out there for public consumption leads to negative views of you and puts you in danger. Sex is something private. I just wish more people would keep it that way.

1. Here's the thing, no one can tell you what you should want, because "want" is something you feel. Some people do enjoy being viewed as sex objects or icons or whatever. I'm not one of these people, I don't like that lifestyle. I personally do not enjoy being viewed as a piece of meat nor to just upload pictures naked online and be adored just for that by thousands of followers. But I know that there are so many people who love to be that way, men and women, whether to other men or other women or both..etc. I can't tell them what to want. I personally would not date a person like that, but guess what? I have no power over them nor do I want or care enough to change them.

2. I brought up gay men because a lot of people consider them to be women, and they're not women. They're still men, and they suffer abuse from their families, at school, work, society, the street and from their partners. There are also men who are being abused by women in relationships, and they are many not few. Many of them do not report that because they know they won't be taken seriously, or feel ashamed to do so. So they suck it up and eventually it leads to suicide to many of those people. Yet somehow, society underestimates that factor and consider men to be that stone wall that can only break others but never be broken and when people speak out against abuse against men, they're told that "more women suffer than men" as if it's a competition.

3. It doesn't matter if they're real feminists or not. They are women, and these women are interacting with people in society, face to face and online and they're not using their voices for a good cause. It has nothing to do with brainwashing, but it's an issue that should be taken seriously rather than disowning it or pretending that it doesn't exist. I personally believe in equality between all people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, religions and nationalities. We all deserve to be treated with respect and dignity and to be given equal rights, without attempting to put one above the other in a manner of revenge for a history of discrimination..etc.

4. Every job in the sex business is a humiliating job, from what I've seen so far. But at the end of the day, it's a choice. The stripper, **** actor/actress, the straight or gay men and women in **** movies all know what they're in for and they have the chance not to get into it or to leave if they're already involved it. They have to make that choice, because they're adults, and the answer is not to completely shut down the business, but give the people who take part in it a choice in this matter, as there's always another job, and don't tell me they had no other choice, because if **** is banned, they will still be looking for another choice. So there you go.

5. I personally have the exact same thoughts as you on this point. I don't like sexual promiscuity for myself nor prostitution, nor am I the kind who seeks random sex, one night stands, open relationships or the whole idea of flaunting my sexuality or bragging about it to the world. To me, I'm neither proud nor ashamed of my sexuality. I'm neutral about it. I accept myself as I am and I don't make a big deal out of it. And I'm totally with the idea of not turning myself into a cheap piece of meat that anyone can use or see its body anywhere anytime. But at the same time, I understand that not all people think the same way that I do. So it doesn't bother me when someone else does. 

6. Most players of Call of Duty games are kids, these days. Still they don't go around killing people because of a video game. They should be taught that not everything on T.V. is reality, instead of trying to censor T.V. I totally disagree about the whole idea of representing girls, whether it's Lara Croft, Bond Girls or anyone, because women and men aren't one community, they're individuals, some of them like to be sexualized, some of them like to be sexy. There's no healthy or unhealthy way to present men or women, and those people are given a choice, and it has nothing to do with modern society or an ancient one. Sex is a desire in human beings in all the ages. We are sexual beings and we are attracted by each other's bodies, appearances, intelligence, outfits, subjects, voices, smells..etc. and I guess each one of us has a different taste in movies, games and art, so we can choose what to look at. I personally don't like movies and shows that are filled with sex. So I don't watch them, but I know very well that many people watch some shows BECAUSE OF the sex in them. I can't ban these shows for them just because I don't like them or because somehow the appearance of that man or woman in that movie might threaten my existence in some way.

7. I explain myself in the way I see fit and I try to be clear often, but if someone misunderstood, that's their problem. I'm not held accountable for a murder that happened because someone who played a video game I made killed someone so he could imitate that game. The same applies for anything else.

8. Again, I totally agree about this part. For me, sex is a private and intimate experience, and not something that I write about or share GIFs of on forums or the internet.

Archived