Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

BBC Radio 1 Playlists The Cure

oheyitso

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, oheyitso said:

'Loved' wouldn't go that far, it's only being fuelled on support by R1 

Well okay. But I've heard it on other stations too. BBC R1 are big supports of Katy since she is performing at the Big Weekend

End Racism Now

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oheyitso
10 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

Well okay. But I've heard it on other stations too. BBC R1 are big supports of Katy since she is performing at the Big Weekend

Other stations tend to just play what is in the Top 40 (Capital etc) and those sales are only coming because R1 A-Listed it.. But yeah, she gets a free pass because of Big Weekend

baptism

This is incredible. It's so sad that Gaga is going to squander a potential hit and ruin yet another era. She put more effort into Cheek To ****ing Cheek than Joanne or TC.

robboadam
1 hour ago, LG said:

Perfect illusion got a first day radio deal though?

It's not a radio deal - that was more as a favour for Gaga hosting R1s breakfast show.

Radio 1 is famous for not having 'deals', and having playlists instead.

Harry

Can't believe y'all are finding a way to complain about this. Yes it's "only" C List but the majority of songs on Radio 1 begin at C and then work their way up if they prove to be popular. The alternative is having nothing at all, and it looked to be that way - they're difficult with Gaga. MR didn't get playlisted at all despite her promoting it and it's success in the US. So stop. It's excellent. 

And yes BA is A List... who cares? She's playing their festival so obviously they're going to support her no matter what. The song barely scraped the top 40 and is just hanging on in the top 30 on iTunes despite having A List rotation from the beginning whilst Gaga is sitting pretty in the iTunes top ten without Radio 1 support - until now. She is no competition. 

PanPikus

OMG finally! I don't understand what kind of boycott they were using against Gaga but they are Cured now. Amazing news! :tony:

Na Wojtusia z popielnika, iskiereczka mruga, chodź opowiem Ci bajeczkę, bajka będzie długa...

Reality

How the f*ck is The Cure on the C-lsit, but Bon Appetit is on the A-list? :oprah: 

🃏🖤👹

GagaMyBlood95

C list is better than nothing, come on :giveup:

Hopefully, it will get A listen eventually but this is a progress!!

LastNight

Wow I can't believe it's taken this long for them to add it to the playlist. I never listen to the radio anymore but I remember during the BTW and ARTPOP eras being frustrated with Radio 1's refusal to play her music. She has been nothing but good to them: headlined their festival, called in multiple times for interviews, as well as actually going in to see them and co-hosting the breakfast show with Nick. I know those were all promo spots for her and standard for an artist, but it goes both ways; she is one of the biggest stars in the world and it works very well for them too to have her there. 

I would say this is a good sign. It's been out long enough now that they could have just completely ignored it, but it obviously indicates the song is doing well and picking up steam - otherwise why bother?

awhite20

The Cure is number 6 on the UK radio chart and is still in the top 10 iTunes, considering it's had 0 promo over here and in general, this song is doing pretty well. 

Machew22

I'm so happy omfg, the amount of times I've been requesting it everyday. I was beginning to think they'd never add it but the playlist has finally been cured :kara:

Free My Mind
9 hours ago, robboadam said:

It's not a radio deal - that was more as a favour for Gaga hosting R1s breakfast show.

Radio 1 is famous for not having 'deals', and having playlists instead.

Yeah they ain't allowed to have deals because they're funded by the licence fee

Archived