💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Katy really going to "flop" this era?

ItWasntLaauv

Featured Posts

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PunkTheFunk
Just now, Detox Icunt said:

Some of her fans think BA will pull a DH (people disliking it and ending up being a success)

A Diamond Heart? :oprah:

Akbar Yunadi

SERIOUSLY? can we just stop this kind of lame hypothetical flop wanna be thread like this? it's 2017 and can't you just all appreciate the music? ugh, I'm so sick. :neyde:

akbaryunadi

PunkTheFunk
Just now, Detox Icunt said:

Dark Horse :poot:

I can't with all these acronyms :madge:

juju

She's bound to have at least one big hit on the album, she always does.

❤ x ❤

badgirlmeat

But Bey didn't have any hit single (although Formation was free) and she ended up with the best selling album of 2016 so who knows :oprah:

🤠

YaaaasGaga

The failed attempt at 'woke' pop wasn't a great start. CTTR was okay, but is so forgettable that the GP probably don't think about it much. Then we have Bon Appetite which is just a disaster as a song, as well as for her image (just accepting a LGBT award then collaborating with homophobic rappers). She's not bringing anything new to the table; it's the same fluffy stuff as before, which was great for a short time, but it wears thin. You have to have substance and it doesn't feel like she's had any for a while. I think her fans have had much higher expectations of her (ie. like some of us did coming off of BTW and getting ARTPOP, it didn't fit into what we thought we were getting). On top of that, her aesthetic just isn't working this era at all; it's inconsistent and messy. I don't think the Britney Spears thing did anything for her, her last era sorta trailed off into irrelevance as time went on with the singles, I don't think her public appearances and performances have been strong promoting her music and overall, and she's just coming across like she needs to take some time to herself. I'm not sure if this concept was fully thought through, and I question whether she's okay with her mental health rn too. It's such a big mix of things. 

LittleHooker

It's the fourth album curse 

maleficent-s-curse-o.gif

Someone needs to give her The Cure before it's too late 

ItWasntLaauv
8 minutes ago, Akbar Yunadi said:

SERIOUSLY? can we just stop this kind of lame hypothetical flop wanna be thread like this? it's 2017 and can't you just all appreciate the music? ugh, I'm so sick. 

Like I said, this isn't a hate thread, I've actually been jamming to BA since it was released yesterday. I'm just curious how KP4's success is gonna play out compared to her earlier music, you don't have to be rude. :madge:

Whispering

The "purposeful pop" wasn't a smash, so she jumped to "p***y pop". lol I don't know if those tweens and their mommies are going to want to sing along to this in the car together! :giggle:

badgirlmeat

I thought at least she was going to be consistent with the meaning and concept of the era, but she released a song with a political message and then another one about oral sex with Migos :derpga:

🤠

Whispering
10 minutes ago, Detox Icunt said:

But Bey didn't have any hit single (although Formation was free) and she ended up with the best selling album of 2016 so who knows 

Bey had Urban radio, videos and is n established touring force. Katy doesn't have any of that, except sometimes videos. 

Hades

Well the song is not as lame as some claim but damn that cover is awful. Born This way album cover teas and even worse. It's so off-putting.:neyde:

Archived